Name the New Club and Win a Cue

cashin

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Voltaire was a French writer that taught enlightenment and that the safest course is to do nothing against one's conscience. With this secret, we can enjoy life and have no fear .
I'm sure college students could appreciate the irony of a billiard room with such a classy name attached to an establishment . You asked for unique and you have to admit Canadian's do have a connection with the French.

Last edited:

Nuts4Tascarellas

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
name idea

JimJo's. You could add a tag line like - Pool and Mo'

I like it plain. I don't know why - but this seems like it would stick in my head... and now I can't get it out. You want everyone to have it stuck in their heads too. If it's too complicated... people will say - you know that place... oh what is the name? You can't mapquest or google search that. LOL

Last edited:

PhilosopherKing

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rolling Rock or The Rolling Rock or Rolling Rocks

Recess

In the Drink

End of the Road

In the Booth (Bar and Billiards)

Corner-Hooked

The Chop Shop

SPIN

CHALK

High Ball

Last edited:

J.W.

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Last three - winner announced later today!!

Hello all!
Happy Christmas Eve!

My apologies for not posting this sooner we had a horrible ice storm up here that knocked out power to hundreds of thousands of homes - ours being just one of them. Anyway being offline and without power certainly makes one realize what we take for granted nowadays. And its good time of year to be thankful for what we do have.

Anyway I wanted to quickly pass along an update so we can nominate our winner and get a cue headed out to them before we get another storm.......

My partner and I really liked Paul Schofield's idea of The Coliseum submitted on pg 27 but it provided a few obstacles with regard to venue identification and marketing because there a few large venues in our area with that name already. The Ricoh Coliseum and Copps Coliseum. We didn't want to be impacted by these venues and their notoriety. As much as we liked that name we decided to move back to the other two names that we are going to choose between today.

"The Corner Bank" (a name close to this was submitted back on pg 3 by muddawg. His idea was Corner Pockets and the Corner Cue Club which gave us the idea of the Corner Bank).

We also really liked "Bankers Hall" first submitted on pg 12 by rayjay.

So that is where it stands. No need to submit any more names but a very big thank you to all who took part in helping us find a name for our new club. AND please remember to come in when you are in the area and take us up on the free beer for taking part in the AZ forum contest. Still hoping to open the doors mid to late February 2014.

We will nominate the winner in a few hours time and I will contact them to find out where they would like their cue sent to.

All the best again!!

Jimmy

Island Drive

Otto/Dads College Roommate/Cleveland Browns
Silver Member
Hello all!
Happy Christmas Eve!

My apologies for not posting this sooner we had a horrible ice storm up here that knocked out power to hundreds of thousands of homes - ours being just one of them. Anyway being offline and without power certainly makes one realize what we take for granted nowadays. And its good time of year to be thankful for what we do have.

Anyway I wanted to quickly pass along an update so we can nominate our winner and get a cue headed out to them before we get another storm.......

My partner and I really liked Paul Schofield's idea of The Coliseum submitted on pg 27 but it provided a few obstacles with regard to venue identification and marketing because there a few large venues in our area with that name already. The Ricoh Coliseum and Copps Coliseum. We didn't want to be impacted by these venues and their notoriety. As much as we liked that name we decided to move back to the other two names that we are going to choose between today.

"The Corner Bank" (a name close to this was submitted back on pg 3 by muddawg. His idea was Corner Pockets and the Corner Cue Club which gave us the idea of the Corner Bank).

So that is where it stands. No need to submit any more names but a very big thank you to all who took part in helping us find a name for our new club. AND please remember to come in when you are in the area and take us up on the free beer for taking part in the AZ forum contest. Still hoping to open the doors mid to late February 2014.

We will nominate the winner in a few hours time and I will contact them to find out where they would like their cue sent to.

All the best again!!

Jimmy

Thx for the Opportunity, woulda been a cool gift for a kid, hope ta see Bankers some day....website?

TATE

AzB Gold Mensch
Silver Member
Hello all!
Happy Christmas Eve!

All the best again!!

Jimmy

The Corner Bank is a good name. Hopefully you'll get a lot of depositors!

The problem I see is this, unfortunately, doesn't say pool or sports bar. Don't you want a name that says what you are?

Last edited:

muddawg

Chill Out
Silver Member
Wow I cannot believe I won! I want to thank Mr. Wych, Mr. White, and Mr. Forsyth for the opportunity! I am glad that I could help with the name for the club.

I wish you all a very merry Christmas to you and yours!

The Renfro

Outsville.com
Silver Member
Awe man.. no more submittals.... =(

Ahh hell A few last ones for the road...

Kickin and Scratchin

Kickin and Kissin

Kiss, Kick and Scratch...