What color wrap for candy apple red MW

Johnny Rosato

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I have a bright red, candy apple red merry widow with stainless joint. It has black with red spec and a "cue repair" sorta messed it up trying to double-press it to smooth out the roughness, now it splotchy with what looks like white glue in places, thanks ahead. (going to get new wrap, not from him, and wonder what color might look nice?

Tommy-D

World's best B player...
Silver Member
What kind of cue is it?

Can you post pics of what was done to it? If you were given a bad job I'd like to see what he did wrong,because I do wraps myself and want to see if I could theoretically fix it,or make sure I don't make the same mistake myself for a paying gig.

I've always been a white with black spot guy,but recently did my Schon with white with double black,and have been so happy with the finished product that I haven't even cleaned or repressed it as part of my usual maintenance.

I have white with black,and black with white on hand if you are interested ;).
Tommy D.

Michael Andros

tiny balls, GIANT pockets
Silver Member
I have a bright red, candy apple red merry widow with stainless joint. It has black with red spec and a "cue repair" sorta messed it up trying to double-press it to smooth out the roughness, now it splotchy with what looks like white glue in places, thanks ahead. (going to get new wrap, not from him, and wonder what color might look nice?

Smooth ( no stamp - lizard, gator, etc ) black leather.

iusedtoberich

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Do you have a picture? Red is maybe my favorite color.

I’d also consider a white wrap. I know red/black always looks great. But red/white does as well. I think one year one of the ford mustangs had a red/white color scheme.

michael4

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
there is always the patriotic color scheme....

Attachments

• c7580eda258ce4705298e75c5680e850.jpg
    c7580eda258ce4705298e75c5680e850.jpg
    38.3 KB · Views: 153

Michael Webb

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Black and red is still available. All black puts the focus on the wood. Black and white is ok too. White and black, red and black, white and black offer a feminine touch against a red heart, pink ivory and a blood wood cue. Jmo

dbgordie

Thread Killer!!
Silver Member
How about this color combo? I know it's different.

If you are going with leather, maybe lay a couple different types on the cue before picking one, otherwise black linen or with red speck would look great too. I just think you should buy the bike to match the cue. :thumbup:

Attachments

• redharley.jpg
    redharley.jpg
    24.3 KB · Views: 150