Who Really is the BEST Pool Hustler in the Country?

The Saw

Juicy Pop in 2016!
Silver Member
All things are relative but there are different types of hustlers, its way too subjective to say who's the best. Big Arm is probably the best, or at least was until Korn took John's chops to a whole new level. Scooter is good with guys his age, his speed and a little lower. Scooter hustles fast, hard and just never stops. Big Arm has to go to the gym, get some rest, go eat dinner, then go to work. John bets more and works less, Scooter makes it up by time on the job.

Don't worry about it though..... If everyone could go into the same spot with the same people at different times, Bartram would rob all you fools. And Big Arm and Scooter know that.

Last edited:

Wedge

WO Wedge Lock
Silver Member
phillyviper1

There was a gal that used to play in Maryland named Pam Treadway...I heard she married a guy in Phiily...just a wild guess!

Wedge

The Saw

Juicy Pop in 2016!
Silver Member
So you robbed people and you are proud of it?
Please help me understand how gambling is not a case of the strong taking advantage of the weak.

When you're robbing drug dealers, pimps, bookies, card players and people who gamble in general it's okay to be proud. "Real" hustlers aren't out trying to beat a guy out of his diaper money.

Please help me understand how gambling is not a case of the strong taking advantage of the weak.
To me this is pure math. For a match to be fair, it has to be played in a way that as close as possible to 50/50 odds.
From what i gather, you go into a match knowing you have a huge advantage over your opponent.
Now with social media, forums and all you are complaining that it's harder to fool people.
In other words it's harder to pray on unsuspecting victims..
If you're so good, turn the odds in favour of your opponent by a large margin and prove that you can beat the odds.
You really have no idea do you?

It's about matching up, pushing yourself and reaping the rewards of being able to perform under tough circumstances. Fair has nothing to do with it.

Neil

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
There will be no "offer," that's not how it works, you'll actually have to show up in Indy and negotiate the game with John yourself.....and bring "the girl" with you if you like.

I guess you'll just have to believe me on this one......there is easier action....much easier.

If that's how it works, then why are you calling out someone via the forums that doesn't even post here??

CJ Wiley

ESPN WORLD OPEN CHAMPION
Gold Member
Silver Member
everyone knows you can't con an honest man....or woman

We are talking about Strong Arm John, not me being the best Road Player / Hustler ....I've been a professional player and a high stakes gambler, not so much a "hustler" (this name is thrown around, many would call Wall Street Brokers "hustlers") Scooter is definitely a better "hustler" than me, however, I'm a better high stakes gambler/player.

How can you "rob" someone that's claiming in public to be "the greatest pool hustler/road man"? Efren Reyes, Rodolfo Luat, Rodney Morris, Bustamante, Mark Tadd, Johnny Archer and Reid Pierce were some of my gambling opponents...not exactly "suckers".

Everyone knows you can't con an honest man (or woman), especially in pool or cards.

We usually have less than 50/50 chance of winning, and that's when the expertise comes in......to find a way to win when going up against the odds.

To me this is pure math. For a match to be fair, it has to be played in a way that as close as possible to 50/50 odds.
From what i gather, you go into a match knowing you have a huge advantage over your opponent.
Now with social media, forums and all you are complaining that it's harder to fool people.
In other words it's harder to pray on unsuspecting victims..
If you're so good, turn the odds in favour of your opponent by a large margin and prove that you can beat the odds.

CJ Wiley

ESPN WORLD OPEN CHAMPION
Gold Member
Silver Member
Why would we ever play someone "honest", they rarely carry more than $100 in cash

That's exactly right and you named the ones we "took dead aim" on....the underworld characters. Why would we ever play someone honest, they rarely carry more than $100. We were more like "Robin Hood" not "robbin innocent people". :groucho:

Here's a story of when I was "hustling" a bit, and I assure you there were no "innocents" in these gambling games.....they were trying to beat me because I was young and "vulnerable". ;)

He hustled pool for a while and made a living, then turned pro and made a killing. Clearly, Dallas’ CJ Wiley is on the ball.
By Michael P. Geffner

IT HAPPENED IN PITTSBURGH in 1986, back when The Color of Money, a movie about a young pool shark, had hit theaters and Carson “CJ” Wiley was himself hustling pool on the road—back when, on a moment’s notice, he would drive hundreds of miles to some backwoods dive on a trip that someone with wads of cash gambled big-time there. On that particular night, Wiley wore fake glasses and assumed one of three aliases, Mike from Indiana. His mark was the owner of a restaurant, a bearded man with receding jet-black hair who led him up a dark staircase to a private pool table on the second floor.

“And the guy is smiling this real goofy smile,” Wiley recalls today, chuckling hard before dragging deeply on a Marlboro Light. “’It’s just like in the movie,’ he says. ‘You saw the movie right?’ And I nod my head but don’t really say anything. Then he says, ‘Oh, boy, I love action. I love playing pool for money. I even love betting on other players. You saw the movie right?’ And I nod again. And we begin playing some nine ball, and I find out right away that this guy can’t play at all. I mean, not a lick. So after I’m done beating him for a few hundred, he has me play nearly everybody in the building. I end up beating his bartender, his cook, his dishwasher, five locals, and finally, the best player in town—and he staked every one of them. By the time he quit, I had him stuck for about seven thousand dollars. And he says to me, not smiling anymore, ‘You know kid, you played a lot better at the end than you did at the beginning.’ And I look him square in the eyes and say, ‘Well, you saw the movie, right?’” ---click here to read the entire article

When you're robbing drug dealers, pimps, bookies, card players and people who gamble in general it's okay to be proud. "Real" hustlers aren't out trying to beat a guy out of his diaper money.

Frankenstroke

2 Gus Szamboti cues
Silver Member
Bring this party to the Derby. You'll have the venue, the audience, the stakehorses,
the rail, live streaming, everything.

SJDinPHX

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Yada,yada, yada,.......We do believe Scooter is the best "new generation" pool hustler, however he's not (imho) the best hustler in the Country.......Strong Arm John has that title and is willing to prove it where it counts - On the Green Felt for the Cash....More yada.yada....

......We challenge Scooter to bring "his crew" to play "our crew" in Indianapolis for $20,000 (minimum bet) and must play and continue to "match up" until one crew has $40,000.[/B] This will be a HUGE feather in Scooter's hat and prove he really is #1. After the match we will shake hands and acknowledge the winner as "The Best Hustler of the Generations".

This is a friendly offer to "Play Some Pool Fast Eddie" (or Fast Scooter) ;)
Remember one thing, Scooter - 'The Real "Best Pool Hustler" Will Be Your Teacher'

It certainly sounds like this thread was started by someone who is upset because Scooter and Keith are getting a little too much good PR ?..If resting on our past accomplishments, makes us "the best" we would all be world beaters ! :rolleyes:

It also sounds as if someone may be unhappy, that "they" are closer to making a pool TV show a reality, rather than a few years of unfulfilled promises !..It just might have some merit, if both Keith and Cardone are getting on board..jes' sayin' :eek:

PS..The old steel 'trap' may need
some fresh oil..:eek:
thCAR1JCYP.jpg

Last edited:

Matt90

Trust the Process
Silver Member
Oh now I see

This question was more of a challenge ...ok. I was going to out Joey A for being the best , I've seen him get weight that I would of been ashamed to ask for, knowing he could give them the 5 ball. It's truly amazing .

Hee hee see-saw.jpg

Wedge

WO Wedge Lock
Silver Member
Frankenstroke

Bring this party to the Derby. You'll have the venue, the audience, the stakehorses,

Now why did you offer an intelligent option. You will back the guys into a corner. You had to make sense and shit didn't you. Now the thread will die on the vine!

Wedge

CJ Wiley

ESPN WORLD OPEN CHAMPION
Gold Member
Silver Member
it will NOT be streamed, televised or broadcast in any way, shape, or form.

I've only been to the Derby once and played some kid named "Shane".....he turned out to be a pretty decent player, although he could have played better in this year's MC.

This isn't a challenge to "put on a show" for a bunch of people, it's to prove who's the best....it will NOT be streamed, televised or broadcast in any way, shape, or form.

phillyviper1

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
There was a gal that used to play in Maryland named Pam Treadway...I heard she married a guy in Phiily...just a wild guess!

Wedge

HAHAHA that is funny. Well I happened to be the UN LUCKY guy from philly who married her and had 2 kids with her and divorced her yes. And she would be the female I was talking about.

Last edited:

CJ Wiley

ESPN WORLD OPEN CHAMPION
Gold Member
Silver Member
settle who's best asap and make someone $20,000 richer.

You will have to make a road trip to see this, it can't be streamed, some of us are under contract to another reality show. We would just like to settle who's best asap and make someone $20,000 richer.

I would pay good money to see this with multiple cameras going on all tables and being streamed. I really hope this happens.....heck I would even make a road trip to see this.

phillyviper1

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
You will have to make a road trip to see this, it can't be streamed, some of us are under contract to another reality show. We would just like to settle who's best asap and make someone $20,000 richer.

Some of us meaning you are under contract to make a reality tv show? Lmmfao ..... that some of us would be you correct? That contract would be for a tv show that will never go into production so maybe you should lower your hopes in being a movie star...lol and stop hating on scooter because ur mad that you aint him. Because this whole thread was because you feel violated and feel you earned the right ro be called the best hustler/road player and some one else took your lime light. The real fact is this . When was the last time you have done anything recognizable in pool , or went on the road and grinded it out? . . Look im not knocking you I just think your just a little out of line and if you had any class you wouldn't have even posted this thread because you know scooter dont post on here so this whole thing was done just to make u feel important or relevant. Not to mention you speak about betting all this money and not a penny of it is your own. Hahahaha. You got dirt all over you buddy . In other words get some soap cause your all washed up.. But hey im not woofing or barking at you cause I know I cant beat you in pool.lol

Last edited:

CJ Wiley

ESPN WORLD OPEN CHAMPION
Gold Member
Silver Member
I apologize if we've offended anyone asking "the best hustler in America" to gamble

I apologize if we've offended anyone by asking "the best hustler in America" to gamble on a pool forum. I believe, if you check, they are wanting to gamble, that's what their reality show it all about....this is truly a win/win scenario for them....if they can win.

Strong Arm John ask me to post this in response to the other posts about who's the best in the country. I'm not claiming to be a "hustler" (at least for the last 25 years) in anything other than legit businesses (yes business people have to "hustle too).

I've actually been on the road quite bit playing this year and will give "Tedder" or "Scooter" enough weight to make it fair.....we're obviously not looking for the "nutz" we are just offering to gamble with him. He may not post here, but he knew about my post in a matter of minutes, so the message was offered AND received.

Now we'll see if they really want to put their reputation on the line.....we are.

'Our Game Will be Their Teacher'

Some of us meaning you are under contractto make a reality tv show? Lmmfao ..... that some us would be you correct? Thay contract would be for a tv shoq that will nevet go into production so maybe you should lower your hopes in being a movie star...lol and stop hating on scooter because ur mad that you aint him. Because this whole thread was because you feel violated and feel you earned the right ro be called the beat hustler/road player and some one else took yout lime light. The real fact is this . When was the last time you have done anything recognizable in pool , or went on the road and grinded it out? . . Look im not knocking you I just think your just a little out of touch and if you had any class you wouldn't have even posted this thread because you know scooter dont post on here so this whole thing was done just to make u feel important or relevant. Not to mention you speak about betting all this money and not a penny of it is your own. Hahahaha. You got dirt all over you buddy . In other words get some soap cause your all washed up.. But hey im not woofing or barking at you cause I know I cant beat you in pool.lol