People leaving there tables when they move .

mortuarymike-nv

mortuarymike-nv
Silver Member
I have fixed or assembled a few tables around town and get called about once a year on fixing a table .
In this case it was to disassemble a New in looks Brunswick Bar Box because the guy sold his home and taking a new job in New York .
Its about 6 pm I went to the customers home
I shot him a bid to disassemble the table , he agreed, Only issue was It needed to be disassemble in certain time frames which was very tight .
Plan was I would be there at 9 am table had to be disassembled by noon .

About 9 PM 2 hrs after made the deal he calls me and says the house he rented in New York really doesn't have room for the pool table and says he is just going to leave the table ..

I asked if I could have it, he said its yours :D
I moved the table today , no issues, will assemble the table next week .

Way cool this guy . came with the cool looking cast iron table light too. Big smiles ..

DJSTEVEZ

Professor of Human Moves
Silver Member
When I was naive (OK, stupid) enough to think I'd sell my home A) in record time, and B) among multiple inquiries, I did offer to leave the table as an incentive if people paid the full ask.

Yeah, no such luck. I could've included $10K in cash on the table and it wouldn't've made a bit of difference.

Such is the real estate market in CT everywhere, but Fairfield county. :mad:

Nice score Mike, good for you! -Z-

Last edited:

desi2960

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Correct a mundo

I left a Brunswick highlander 4 by 8 with a centennial light in the home I just sold. It was easier to leave it with the house, than go through the trouble of selling it.

michael4

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I left a Brunswick highlander 4 by 8 with a centennial light in the home I just sold. It was easier to leave it with the house, than go through the trouble of selling it.

yes, I think this happens more often that we realize

BobTfromIL

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I'll be selling my Anniversary when I move. Not practical to take with. Will miss it but what can you do.

SC02GTP

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
My Diamond Pro goes where I go...….period.

Nice pick up Mike and good to see you posting again!

realkingcobra

Silver Member
I have fixed or assembled a few tables around town and get called about once a year on fixing a table .
In this case it was to disassemble a New in looks Brunswick Bar Box because the guy sold his home and taking a new job in New York .
Its about 6 pm I went to the customers home
I shot him a bid to disassemble the table , he agreed, Only issue was It needed to be disassemble in certain time frames which was very tight .
Plan was I would be there at 9 am table had to be disassembled by noon .

About 9 PM 2 hrs after made the deal he calls me and says the house he rented in New York really doesn't have room for the pool table and says he is just going to leave the table ..

I asked if I could have it, he said its yours :D
I moved the table today , no issues, will assemble the table next week .

Way cool this guy . came with the cool looking cast iron table light too. Big smiles ..

I'm confused, which bar box table did Brunswick build...that could be disassembled?

mortuarymike-nv

mortuarymike-nv
Silver Member
Bar box size

I'm confused, which bar box table did Brunswick build...that could be disassembled?

Its a drop pocket bar box sized chestnut Brunswick table.
3 Piece 1 inch slate.

The concrete floor where the table is going is not flat .
I need to make 1/2 spacer for one leg,

Table is like new so I thought I would make a nice looking spacer that fits the leg without being to noticeable .

Valiant Thor

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Leaving tables

When I bought my house 20years ago old man left a over sized 8 golden west table. Did not have a place for it. Also left a like new Bennington 25 ft party barge like new