Spot shot no rail?

u12armresl

One Pocket back cutter
Silver Member
Anyone have videos of the old prop bet, make a spot shot but the cue ball can't hit any rail.

td873

C is for Cookie
Silver Member
Is that using English to throw it a bit?
Nope. Not at that speed. All the english is off the cueball by the time it gets to the object ball. It's just aiming to the bottom of the pocket at pocket speed. [BTW, those pockets are under 4.5"]

-td

BRussell

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Nope. Not at that speed. All the english is off the cueball by the time it gets to the object ball. It's just aiming to the bottom of the pocket at pocket speed. [BTW, those pockets are under 4.5"]

-td

Ah yeah, of course. I lost my mind after watching those masse shots and was thinking it was greater than a half-ball cut.

Tommy-D

World's best B player...
Silver Member
I saw a guy once that would bet you 100 a pop he could draw the cue ball past the side pocket BEFORE it hit the rail,and would let you pick either side of the table he had to shoot from.

He also had the masse Corey shot in his bag,and hit it so well I've seen him follow the object ball in.

This was on nappy cloth too :eek:. Tommy D.

Bob Jewett

AZB Osmium Member
Staff member
Gold Member
Silver Member
I saw a guy once that would bet you 100 a pop he could draw the cue ball past the side pocket BEFORE it hit the rail,and would let you pick either side of the table he had to shoot from. ...
How many tries did he need?

jasonlaus

Rep for Smorg
Silver Member
Corey hit it at Derby city in 02 I believe and drew it back past the head string without hitting a rail

gregcantrall

Center Ball
Silver Member
I heard of Ronnie Allen shooting it one handed at Whitey's place in Tacoma, for all the money anyone wanted to bet with one attempt only. The pockets of the table were full of money. And he did execute it.:thumbup:

poolcuemaster

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I have seen

J R Calvert and Tony Watson both make it with an almost level cue at a draw stroke speed not a slow roll or a jack up masse like Corey. They both made it at least 4 out of 10 tries on a 9 footer at the last Charlotte Camel 10 ball tourney.--Leonard