FINALLY finished my house and set up my pool room (pics)

gobrian77

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
After a two-year struggle, I finished my house (only a year late:mad: ). The table was delivered from Bangkok last week- it's an 8-foot Sovereign table made by a Thai manufacturer (been in business over 50 years and supplied the tables for the Asian championships a couple years ago)- I could have squeezed in a 9-footer and been hindered in a few spots (not to mention another foot of encroachment into the kitchen, which would have led to a major battle with the wife:p ), but I'm very happy with the way things ended up.

I've still got to put up a small LCD monitor and a few shelves for drinks, but it's 95% done.

I believe six of the cues were purchased from AZ.:)

Please try to ignore the laundry in the window- the housekeeper was running late today:D :

IMG_3299.jpg

IMG_3300.jpg

IMG_3301.jpg

His new favorite spot:

IMG_3297.jpg

Couldn't fit the bar in the same room, but it's just a few steps away:

IMG_3295.jpg

cuejoey

25 mm chain guns matter
Silver Member
Beautiful job..just in time for Christmass..i see you like to collect old pics..you might want to check out www.newdeco.com then click on billiard photos..nice people to deal with if you don't know already..Merry Christmass:)

gobrian77

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Cool- I'll check that site out- I chose b&w pics as I wanted the table and things related to it to be the only points of color in the room.:cool:

Merry Christmas to you as well- it's gonna be a hot one here.:)

And thanks for the rep points- finally got my third greenie.;)

gobrian77

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
lights_out said:
Awesome! I especially like the fur foot warmer.

After he gets kicked out of the way a few times he retreats to the area directly under the table- he doesn't like that as much because he can't feel the breeze from the A/C.:D

manwon

"WARLOCK 1"
Silver Member
gobrian77 said:
After a two-year struggle, I finished my house (only a year late:mad: ). The table was delivered from Bangkok last week- it's an 8-foot Sovereign table made by a Thai manufacturer (been in business over 50 years and supplied the tables for the Asian championships a couple years ago)- I could have squeezed in a 9-footer and been hindered in a few spots (not to mention another foot of encroachment into the kitchen, which would have led to a major battle with the wife:p ), but I'm very happy with the way things ended up.

I've still got to put up a small LCD monitor and a few shelves for drinks, but it's 95% done.

I believe six of the cues were purchased from AZ.:)

Please try to ignore the laundry in the window- the housekeeper was running late today:D :

IMG_3299.jpg

IMG_3300.jpg

IMG_3301.jpg

His new favorite spot:

IMG_3297.jpg

Couldn't fit the bar in the same room, but it's just a few steps away:

IMG_3295.jpg

Real nice looking pool room, I am truly Jealous. I also really like mans best friend waiting for his turn at the table. My only suggestion is to let him win once in awhile, you do not want him to mark his territory!!!!!!!!:D

Thanks for sharing and Merry Christmas!!!!

gobrian77

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
manwon said:
Real nice looking pool room, I am truly Jealous. I also really like mans best friend waiting for his turn at the table. My only suggestion is to let him win once in awhile, you do not want him to mark his territory!!!!!!!!:D

Thanks for sharing and Merry Christmas!!!!

The only time he moves is in the rare event of a ball jumping off the table- he just likes to be near "dad".;)

Merry Christmas to you as well.:)

Thanks to everyone for not mentioning how much they (probably) dislike burgundy Simonis 860- it went too nicely with the room to go with anything else.:p

CTYankee

Mark Twain's Table
Silver Member
manwon said:
My only suggestion is to let him win once in awhile, you do not want him to mark his territory!!!!!!!!:D

My dog has had a total of two 'accidents' in the house... on the leg of my table was one of them. I am a strong supporter of animal rights, but had my wife not been there that day... the dog's future as an indoor dog may have been in question.

cajunbarboxplyr

Beatem down wit a Varney
Silver Member
Now that my friends is a nice Poolroom!!!

altho I dodnt care for red color felt (jsut not my thing).......regardless tho that is a nice room!!!!!!!!

and I see you have Wild Turkey at your bar......May I come over? :)

Johnnyt

Burn all jump cues
Silver Member
One of the nicest home rooms I've seen on here...and there are a lot of nice ones on here. Johnnyt

219Dave

Pool is my therapy
Silver Member
Congrats on your new room!

I backpacked through Koh Samui way back in 1990, and had a blast.

I'd sure trade it for Northwest Indiana, where I'm freezing my butt off now.

Your next move is training your dog how to move around and bark only during your opponent's shots. I'm working on that now with my Great Dane.

acedotcom

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Jeez, am I jealous...:eek:

I tried to put a table in my home, but it made the trailer tip over. :(

Happy Holidays!

jay helfert

Shoot Pool, not people
Gold Member
Silver Member
gobrian77 said:
The only time he moves is in the rare event of a ball jumping off the table- he just likes to be near "dad".;)

Merry Christmas to you as well.:)

Thanks to everyone for not mentioning how much they (probably) dislike burgundy Simonis 860- it went too nicely with the room to go with anything else.:p

It actually looks good with the gray table. Was it hard for you to adjust to?

Mithril

Registered
Fantastic room, it's much more polished than mine is, but then.... I'm lazy at times.. lol... don't worry about the cloth color, I don't care for it myself, but it looks good in that room. Besides, it's your money ;)
I think you made the right decision with the table size, I'd rather shoot unencumbered on an 8, than have a 9 and have to use troubleshooter cues, or turn my stroke all wonky just to hit a ball.

Not to mention the fact that winning arguments with the wife are never as satisfying as you might think... they always seem to have a way of coming back on you at the worst time. :D

beetle

Do I bug you?
Silver Member
lights_out said:
Awesome! I especially like the fur foot warmer.

Better check its pulse though, didn't seem to move much!
Anyway, beautiful room you have there!

Cuaba

Livin Large
Silver Member
Brian,
Looks great. I hope to get to Samui when I'm in Thailand for Songkran. I missed you last month because I decided to go to Manila for the WPC. At least we got to talk on the phone.

I've got a few friends from here in the cornfields coming to Samui next month. I'll have them check out your resort while they are there (they might wanna stay there?)