Young Guns vs Old School

IU Ames Mister

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
can you actually see the matches well?

Yeah fairly well. They do sometimes go to one camera on a particular table at time. Sometimes, when I was interested in what was going on on the other table not shown. But overall, the video quality is pretty good with the split screen. It can be a bit much if I'm trying to pay attention to both at the same time :)...

Johnnyt

Burn all jump cues
Silver Member
If memory serves me correctly, the Old vs New was BigTruck (Ray Hansen)'s idea. But I could be wrong.

JoeyA

If you're right, that's a hell of a way to say thank you. Having old&new on same weekend as Bigtrucks 50K fight nights. Johnnyt

JoeyA

Efren's Mini-Tourn BACKER
Silver Member
If you're right, that's a hell of a way to say thank you. Having old&new on same weekend as Bigtrucks 50K fight nights. Johnnyt

BigTruck's 50K fight just ended. Alex wins 55-47.

On to young guns vs gray beards tomorrow.

JoeyA

StraightPoolIU

Brent
Silver Member
Yeah the level of play has been pretty high in this event. Some really good shotmaking. Also the matches have been fairly exciting. Stream quality is good. Only small nitpicky thing is the mics pick up the commentary well, but they're also picking up annoying background noise. It makes it sounds like there is music in the background being played under water. I just ignore it though and focus on the great pool.

jhendri2

Rack'em Sausage
Silver Member
Bergman def Morris 9-6. Rodney didn't play well at all. He looks really tired.

Young Guns up 7-6

filluptieu

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I am loving this type of format... actually watching it to be exact. The matches have been really close and would like to see more of this only if oncue2 can tighten up their production. The thing that drove me crazy was the wide angle camera of both tables. For example, in the scotch doubles match it was 9-9 and when they broke, the camera was never switched back to the table.

Another cool idea I had was taking the popcorn league idea of playing three disciplines by random draw. That would make things really exciting.

And yes, please god fix the mics....

StraightPoolIU

Brent
Silver Member
You get a lot of pool for you buck, but this is a lengthy format even for a hardcore pool fam such as myself. It's after 1 am and there is at least one and possibly two more sets in addition to the one thst just started.

jhendri2

Rack'em Sausage
Silver Member
Morris def Woodward 9-3. Rodney caught a gear and played very very well.

Old School up now 8-7

jhendri2

Rack'em Sausage
Silver Member
Bergman def Archer 9-4

All tied up 8-8 going into the scotch doubles 10-ball match...winner takes all for $20K

levid

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Did anyone else buy the Saturday only pass and get kicked out of the live stream right at midnight? The match is tied up at 8-8 and I no longer have access to watch the final set...

Edit: It appears to have been fixed!

Last edited:

jhendri2

Rack'em Sausage
Silver Member
Young Guns def Old School 9-5 in the final. Congrats to Skyler Woodward and Justin Bergman. What an awesome 2 days of pool!

One Pocket John

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Made my day

Finally in all these years got to watch some of the best champions that play the game in person.
Learned a lot by studying their fundamentals and how struck the cue ball.

The opportunity came up to get their autographs so I jumped on it.

Thanks to Teachers for putting on such a great event.

John

Attachments

• Iphone Pictures 420.jpg
    Iphone Pictures 420.jpg
    92.1 KB · Views: 332
  • Iphone Pictures 421.jpg
    Iphone Pictures 421.jpg
    84 KB · Views: 330
Last edited:

BRussell

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I bought the pass and watched some good pool, but please if they do this kind of thing again schedule it so that it doesn't end at 4 AM. Maybe use a shot clock too.

IU Ames Mister

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I bought the pass and watched some good pool, but please if they do this kind of thing again schedule it so that it doesn't end at 4 AM. Maybe use a shot clock too.

Agreed - I tapped out after the first 10ball matches. I wish I could have seen the ending, but it was around 2 AM eastern and I couldn't stay awake :(.

I really liked the format of this event. I hope they put something like this on again.