my dvd of 245 with commentary

john schmidt

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I just got dvds made of me running 245 on 4.5 inch pockets .Ithen put commentary with it to explain my thoughts.I think people will find it useful for improvement and fun to watch.since i had no experience doing something like this im happy with how it turned out.the price is 35 dollars which includes shipping currently available in the U.S. only. if interested please send check or money order to the following address:
John Schmidt
7333 pine forest rd lot 37 pensacola fl 32526

Last edited:

Andrew Manning

Aspiring know-it-all
Silver Member
That sounds like it would be both entertaining and educational. I can't buy one right now because I'm moving shortly and sort of holding my breath to make sure all the checks clear for costs associated with that.

But once you sell out these 30, I'd suggest you make a bunch more copies and keep taking orders. I'll buy one from your next batch if you make one. If I ever ran 245 on tight equipment, I know I'd want to make some profit from it!!!

-Andrew

Andrew Manning

Aspiring know-it-all
Silver Member
For that matter you should send one to Billy Incardona. I recently borrowed from a friend accu-stats' video of a Sigel-Varner match from the 2000 US Open 14.1. I guess Sigel had taken some time off the game at that point, and had played you in his first match of the tournament, and the match I was watching was his second.

Anyway, Incardona kept talking about how the Varner match was his first real test in a long time, pointing out that although he had played a match before it, "John Schmidt is not exactly a household name", and "playing a Nick Varner is a much better test of his best 14.1 game than playing against a John Schmidt".

Now I was watching this in 2006, knowing that you've run over 400 balls, and that nobody is the favorite against you when you're playing your best straight pool, and wondering whether Billy remembers saying that. I think it would be funny if you sent him a 245-ball run on tough equipment from "some unknown kid named John Schmidt".

-Andrew

Samiel

Sea Player
Silver Member
Great! This would definitely be something I'd be interested in. Money orders only?

rackmsuckr

Linda Carter - The QUEEN!
Silver Member
Hi John,

You might want to bring some to the IPT next month. I for sure will buy one and I'll pay you cash there. Now if you could do a video on how to run 245 racks of 8 ball in a row. :rolleyes: :p

Leil gay

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Congatulations on getting it on tape, i tried in Akron for hours and just ran alot of 60s, 70s, 80s now people can buy the highest run ever taped that's171/2 racks way to go John!!!

Marop

14.1 - real pool
Silver Member
bruin70 said:
say,,,,after you guyz buy one, give us a review :):):)

Got mine directly from John this past weekend at Jakes in Pasadena. Very entertaining and informative, a must have if your a 14.1 player/fan. 245 on tighter pockets than the World Championships in less time than Hohman ran 174.

StevenPWaldon

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
World Championships had 4.5" pockets as well.

Marop said:
Got mine directly from John this past weekend at Jakes in Pasadena. Very entertaining and informative, a must have if your a 14.1 player/fan. 245 on tighter pockets than the World Championships in less time than Hohman ran 174.

ShootingArts

Smorg is giving St Peter the 7!
Gold Member
Silver Member
Sent a PM with a question

John,

Sent you a PM with a question.

Thanks,
Hu

sprons

Registered
does anybody know how to send a money order from europe? i'm not familiar with this payment method, but I would like a dvd

JDog_1

Registered
Sample clip?

John,
You should try to post a sample clip of a few minutes on youtube so people can get an idea of the quality before shelling out the $35. I'm sure some of the resident computer nerds on AZB could help you do that.
J

dmgwalsh

Straight Pool Fanatic
Silver Member
JDog_1 said:
John,
You should try to post a sample clip of a few minutes on youtube so people can get an idea of the quality before shelling out the $35. I'm sure some of the resident computer nerds on AZB could help you do that.
J

I, for one don't need a sample.

John Schmidt running 245 is enough for me. The commentary is icing on the cake.

Williebetmore

Member, .25% Club
Silver Member
dmgwalsh said:
I, for one don't need a sample.

John Schmidt running 245 is enough for me. The commentary is icing on the cake.

Well, it's easy to see who the straight pool fanatics on the board are.

I'm with DMG. If the commentary had no video, and was accompanied only by stick figure/crayon drawings, then DMG and myself would still be on board.

To the non-fanatics, I can only say, "straight pool nuggets are precious and few, you'd better pick them up if you see them lying on the ground." You DO NOT say, "damn, that nugget looks a little dirty, I think I'll leave it lying there on the ground."

Last edited:

john schmidt

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
thanks everybody

i am flattered that people want to see the video and thanks for the kind words. its not accu stat quality but the camera is at a good angle and you can see and hear me great so i think its useful.i would love to show a sample but i have no idea how . maybe someone would give me advice.

TannerPruess

PBIA Instructor
Silver Member
john schmidt said:
i am flattered that people want to see the video and thanks for the kind words. its not accu stat quality but the camera is at a good angle and you can see and hear me great so i think its useful.i would love to show a sample but i have no idea how . maybe someone would give me advice.
Send me 12 free copies and I will upload a sample on the computer. Just kidding!

Do you have the video on your computer so you can use some video editing program to cut out a clip?