Brunswick Centennial ready for action

Bob 14:1

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I have another unrelated hobby which requires me to polish metals of all different types.

I wouldn't want to tackle the long expanses of the side moldings just out of the sheer unwieldiness of handling them, but for pocket castings and the like, I've found these guys to handle just about everything you might need for polishing metals. http://www.caswellplating.com/

On, for example, steel or aluminum, with a sisal, sewn and then a loose wheel and their white compound nearly anyone can get a mirror finish. Truly better than chrome if you take your time. You can even remove the swirl marks with their blue compound.

All I use is an old Craftsman 3750 rpm bench grinder with all the extras removed. You just gotta have power for jobs like this.

For minor touchups, you can't beat Flitz metal polish. http://www.flitz.com/p-16-flitz-polish-paste.aspx You can find Flitz at most any marine supply store, and some have told me that Depot sells it, but I've never seen it there.

realkingcobra

Silver Member
Your so crazy....Not sure I can take credit for this table.....never had one turn out so perfectly......still don't believe I did it....LOL
Sure you didn't come in the shop while I was sleeping....and do the table?
Thanks buddy....coming from someone with your knowledge....really says something.

Appreciate all the knowledge you have shared with me the last 3 years....man that hurt to say....LMAO

Mark Gregory

Don't kid yourself buddy, you're EVERY bit as good a table mechanic that I am. We share some secrets back and forth all the time, but I can't think of anyone on this planet that I'd rather share them with than you...you ARE a GREAT table mechanic Mark....stand up and take a bow when the crowd cheers...you deserve it...you out did yourself on this one:thumbup:

macguy

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
C'mon little baby....we're all done.....let's go back home to Ga....LOL
THANK YOU ALL FOR VIEWING MY WORK AND KIND WORDS. IMG_0693.jpg

Mark Gregory

Marie's husband

Cue It Up Promotions
Silver Member
That is truely amazing, wow.

Boy, hope you put a "spot" on the table before you left? If not, you know there is going to be like four people gathered around the table for about an hour discussing exactly where the spot goes until one of them gets the courage up to actually apply it...lol.

That is truely amazing, wow.

Boy, hope you put a "spot" on the table before you left? If not, you know there is going to be like four people gathered around the table for about an hour discussing exactly where the spot goes until one of them gets the courage up to actually apply it...lol.

No spot yet.....that will keep everyone off the table until the matches start...I hope..LOL
You make a good point.....that's why I left it off.....I'll put it on just before the match starts.
I didn't even hit a ball on the table....I just rolled some around to check the level and the sound and tracking of the cushions.
The tables is going to play awesome....we had guy's block sand the slate for about 4 hrs. That table is as level as I could have ever hoped for.

Mark Gregory

A-1 billiards

FELT WRIGHT
Silver Member
This table is a work of art!

Hi Mark,

I remember this table in pieces in your shop. I can let everybody know it was one of the worst, most beat up SNOOKER tables I ever seen. The rebuild and restoration job you did goes way beyond a "great mechanic", it's really a work of art. Your mechanical work is already known as outstanding, your rail liner cushion and pocket work as the best in business. The conversion of a snooker table to a pool table is a major undertaking for anyone, but I can't think of anyone who can do the mechanical and cosmetic work to this level!

Outstanding job on all fronts. It's an absolutely beautiful table and one of the finest restorations (and conversions) I've ever seen. For any of you AZers that are considering major rebuilding of any table Mark Gregory is a true artist when it comes to pool tables.

Mark and I talk on the phone regularly, he's done rails for me and my customers and the work is always perfect. Mark is also great at meeting his deadlines and ships the completed work on time.

Perfect work, on time, fair pricing, It's a program that works. You'll have a hard time topping this Centennial but I'm hoping the 10 ft six leg Arcade I'm sending you will be your next showcase job!

Jay Spielberg

Hi Mark,

I remember this table in pieces in your shop. I can let everybody know it was one of the worst, most beat up SNOOKER tables I ever seen. The rebuild and restoration job you did goes way beyond a "great mechanic", it's really a work of art. Your mechanical work is already known as outstanding, your rail liner cushion and pocket work as the best in business. The conversion of a snooker table to a pool table is a major undertaking for anyone, but I can't think of anyone who can do the mechanical and cosmetic work to this level!

Outstanding job on all fronts. It's an absolutely beautiful table and one of the finest restorations (and conversions) I've ever seen. For any of you AZers that are considering major rebuilding of any table Mark Gregory is a true artist when it comes to pool tables.

Mark and I talk on the phone regularly, he's done rails for me and my customers and the work is always perfect. Mark is also great at meeting his deadlines and ships the completed work on time.

Perfect work, on time, fair pricing, It's a program that works. You'll have a hard time topping this Centennial but I'm hoping the 10 ft six leg Arcade I'm sending you will be your next showcase job!

Jay Spielberg

Thank You Jay....for all the info you share with me....the work you get shipped to me.....but your friendship most of all.
Having someone of your talent with pool tables, given me props such as these mean so much.....just goes to show the confidence you have in your work to give another mechanic props.
Jay....you've been a master mechanic in this industry for so many years.....Your in the HOF for mechanic's.....and deservingly so....Your a leader in the industry...and I get a lot of help from you as well.
Thank you for all you do....for all of us.
Your true friend.

Mark Gregory

Last edited:

A-1 billiards

FELT WRIGHT
Silver Member
Thank You Jay....for all the info you share with me....the work you get shipped to me.....but your friendship most of all.
Having someone of you talent with pool tables given me props such as this means so much.....just goes to show the confidence you have in your work to give another mechanic props.
Jay....you've been a master mechanic in this industry for so many years.....Your in the HOF for mechanic's.....and deservingly so....Your a leader in the industry...and I get a lot of help from you as well.
Thank you for all you do....for all of us.
Your true friend.

Mark Gregory

Thank you Mark and back at you. This is your work and you deserve all the credit.

Jay

Hungarian

C'mon, man!
Silver Member
Mark,

Can you post up a FULL SHOT of all rails before and after?

Per our phone call what you did is simply amazing..

Mark,

Can you post up a FULL SHOT of all rails before and after?

Per our phone call what you did is simply amazing..

I really don't take many pic's before...this is the first time I actually took after pic's.......But here is what I have.....and that's all I've taken.
Sorry I'm not a photo guy....in fact I'm not internet guy either...I e-mailed the pic's of the table today to Rob Sheets whom was the VP of Brunswick for 24 years and a super awesome guy....he's the first guy that showed me how to e-mail...LOL He e-mailed back....Mark you'er plugged in now e-mail and photo's....LMAO
These are about all the pic's I've taken...sorry. IMG_0562.jpg

IMG_0692.jpg

IMG_0526.jpg

IMG_0663.jpg

Mark Gregory