Brunswick Centennial ready for action

realkingcobra

Silver Member
You can call Joe at Arura Road Billiards at 800-940-2837 and tell him you need Gold Crown 4 pockets....He will help you out.....My little helper gave up on me halfway through the set-up...LOLView attachment 228581
The aluminum was a lot of work...sanding and buffing.

That's because...Niki...has had ENOUGH of working on YOUR pool tables and decided to boycot your a$$...:rotflmao1:

Damn Mark, them pockets look great with that shirt collar fold in them to finish them off:grin:

The pocket shirt collar that you came up with is a real touch of class on the tables.....but the way we do the pocket openings is just perfect today.
But...you and I both know...we still have a lot of work left to do....to get tables to play 100% perfectly.

We're on the right track....that I do know for sure.
I will say...this Centennial table is my best work in 30 years.:thumbup:

I appreciate all the kind words from everyone on my work......after 4 months and endless hours on this table.

Thank you guy's
Mark Gregory

Mark Griffin

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Centennial

Mark & glen,

What is a pocket shirt collar fold?
Never heard the term before.

BTW, I had several centennials back in Alaska.
We had a 10 billiard converted to pool table. Same specs with 4.5 inch pockets. Played great!

Table ended up in Houston and the family I sold it to recently sold it a new owner.

Their is a lot to it - bob bebb from rebco did the work. I think he had to plane the rails (to lower them) and then completely change the wood and rubber - cut in pockets and attach pocket hardware etc.

Whatever he did - it was great!
But I did the polishing on the aluminum but it did not come out like these.

Gret job!!

Mark Griffin

Hungarian

C'mon, man!
Silver Member
Mark & glen,

We had a 10 billiard converted to pool table. Same specs with 4.5 inch pockets. Played great!

Table ended up in Houston and the family I sold it to recently sold it a new owner.

Their is a lot to it - bob bebb from rebco did the work. I think he had to plane the rails (to lower them) and then completely change the wood and rubber - cut in pockets and attach pocket hardware etc.

Gret job!!

Mark Griffin

I tried to buy your table from Denny. I offered him $5,500. He told me no because he was a buyer...not a seller. I found out that 6 months later he sold it for $3,000. Go figure.

realkingcobra

Silver Member
Mark & glen,

Gret job!!

Mark Griffin

That's the fold Mark and I use to close off the pockets, which cover up any staples or slits in the pockets. If you look in the pockets Mark posted pictures of, you'll see the pocket collars.

phil dade

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Looks great!

This looks very familiar. Looking froward to having you back to play this time. Mark did my Centennial which is a 4.5 x 9 '.

Chip Roberson

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Great work--so clean ---I restored a 4 1/2 X 9 a few years back. Grew up playing on these tables back in the 60's. When I found one for my home, the Aluminum sides needed to be refinished. I work in the furniture industry and knew of a plating company in Dublin Va. I called the company and spoke with the owner (he was getting on in years) and asked if they could polish aluminum. He responded that they do it all the time. I live about a hour away, so in my travels that way about one week later I took the parts up to him---As I was walking up to the plant, he was outside and saw me coming with a couple of parts with me. He hollared out--those came from a 1946 Brunswick cenntinial pool table.. We did all that work for Brunswick when they built those tables. When I got the parts back from him a week later, they were boxed up and sealed. When I opened the boxes up--the light shinning off of the parts were like a light bulb being turned on inside the box. The finish was that brilliant--when ever I have guests over that haven't seen the table before, that's the first word out of most of them, how did you get those sides polished so brightly. The name of the company in dublin Va is--Electro Plate Right--just in case anyone needs the info
Cheers-great job on that table

Tony_in_MD

You want some of this?
Silver Member
It is great to see an old table like this given a new life.

That is some fine work.

3RAILKICK

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
WOW!!!

Absolutely beautiful.

The shine on the aluminum is amazing. Can a non-professional hope to get that result?

Is there a sealer/clearcoat on the finished aluminum? Or will it eventually tarnish and get re-polished?

Amazing craftsmanship. Congratulations on how this table turned out.

Bob 14:1

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
As fabulous as the bright-work looks, I'm equally impressed with the wood finishing. Now that's how I remember both the Centennials and the Anniversaries looking when I was a kid. The perfect wood tone. Would you mind sharing how you achieved that perfect stain color?

Got an Annie coming in c. September. It's supposed to be a near perfect survivor, but I may have to do some minor touching up...:smile:

dabarbr

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
WOW!!!

Absolutely beautiful.

The shine on the aluminum is amazing. Can a non-professional hope to get that result?

Is there a sealer/clearcoat on the finished aluminum? Or will it eventually tarnish and get re-polished?

When I got my table about 20 years ago I took the parts to a local metal polishing shop and they came out beautiful. Now 20 years later they still look just as good. I clean and wax the aluminum maybe about every 6 months. Aluminum seems to hold its polish if the table is indoors. Not sure how it would do where the conditions change a lot.

WOW!!!

Absolutely beautiful.

Feel free to call me...I'll help with info....I'm not a professional at the aluminum...well I wasn't...lol
Trust me it's a lot of work...but as you see....well worth it.
Not a job I'm looking to do again anytime soon...lol

770-548-4292
Mark Gregory

As fabulous as the bright-work looks, I'm equally impressed with the wood finishing. Now that's how I remember both the Centennials and the Anniversaries looking when I was a kid. The perfect wood tone. Would you mind sharing how you achieved that perfect stain color?

Got an Annie coming in c. September. It's supposed to be a near perfect survivor, but I may have to do some minor touching up...:smile:

The Centennial rails are black Brazilian Rosewood....very hard to get the reddish tone on them.....The Anniversary rails are Walnut....should be a lot easier to put color on them.
Call me if you like
770-548-4292
Mark Gregory

WOW!!!

Absolutely beautiful.

LOt of work. IMG_0605.jpg

realkingcobra

Silver Member
Yep, you got me on this one Mark...without a shop to work in like you have, I can't carry enough tools in my truck to be able to work on any job that comes my way....my hat's off to you brother, you out did me on this one...that's why you're the "mongoose"....mongoose 1...cobra 0:p

Yep, you got me on this one Mark...without a shop to work in like you have, I can't carry enough tools in my truck to be able to work on any job that comes my way....my hat's off to you brother, you out did me on this one...that's why you're the "mongoose"....mongoose 1...cobra 0:p

Your so crazy....Not sure I can take credit for this table.....never had one turn out so perfectly......still don't believe I did it....LOL
Sure you didn't come in the shop while I was sleeping....and do the table?
Thanks buddy....coming from someone with your knowledge....really says something.

Appreciate all the knowledge you have shared with me the last 3 years....man that hurt to say....LMAO

Mark Gregory

Bob 14:1

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
The Centennial rails are black Brazilian Rosewood....very hard to get the reddish tone on them.....The Anniversary rails are Walnut....should be a lot easier to put color on them.
Call me if you like
770-548-4292
Mark Gregory

Well, that in itself has made my job a whole lot easier. Nice to start with the correct wood-tone at least. ;) My, how our memories seem to fail us over fifty years later!

deanoc

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
that is the kind of pool room i want in my house
maybe a few less seats
and bigger pockets

very nice work