newspaper article about me

SpiderWebComm

HelpImBeingOppressed
Silver Member
Congrats, Jesse. You deserve it.

In regards to the Guinness Book of World Records, I thought (although I might be mistaken) that Leon Yonders had that (and it was something crazy like WELL over 100, maybe 200). I'm not sure if he was jacked-up or not. Who knows - it might not have been verified. Does anyone know??

Dave

Last edited:

JAM

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Brilliant! Wow! That is so cool. Pool needs more of this kind of publicity! Good for you, and congratulations!

:clapping::clapping::clapping::clapping:

JesseAllred

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Guinness

Congrats, Jesse. You deserve it.

In regards to the Guinness Book of World Records, I thought (although I might be mistaken) that Leon Yonders had that (and it was something crazy like WELL over 100, maybe 200). I'm not sure if he was jacked-up or not. Who knows - it might not have been verified. Does anyone know??

Dave

Thanks! That would be an amazing feat for Yonders if it was true! It might take me a while to run over a hundred jacked up.

JesseAllred

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
publicity

Brilliant! Wow! That is so cool. Pool needs more of this kind of publicity! Good for you, and congratulations!

:clapping::clapping::clapping::clapping:

Thanks! I agree, the most exciting part for me is if someone who never stepped into a pool hall checks it out now and falls in love with this amazing game!

NewStroke

Screamin Monkey
Silver Member
That is really awesome!!! Congrats!!! My name only ends up in the paper when it appears in the police blotter :).

Cuaba

Livin Large
Silver Member
Cogratulations & great story!

Thank you for promoting my favorite sport!

dash

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I'm happy for you, but not surprised.With your talents the skies not even the limit.:thumbup:

---DASH---

ridewiththewind

♥ Hippie Hustler ♥
Silver Member
I just submitted your YouTube Channel to the Ellen Show for consideration....hope it helps!

Lisa

Slide Rule

ConservativeHardLiner
Silver Member
Outstanding

Congratulations. Great story and better to post it back here.

Now you will be able to buy that cue that you wanted and possibly add some to your bank account. Nice to make money on what you love.

Outstanding.

Now do you have some pointers, that is in addition to using Kamui Tips?

I made an unintended post in the Ask the Instructor section.
Shooting Off the Rail and a second
Jacked Up

This was 2 or 3 months back.

TX Poolnut

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Your avatar and the picture in the newspaper are the same shot over the same rack of balls but from two different angles. Just an observation. :smile:

JesseAllred

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
pointers

Congratulations. Great story and better to post it back here.

Now you will be able to buy that cue that you wanted and possibly add some to your bank account. Nice to make money on what you love.

Outstanding.

Now do you have some pointers, that is in addition to using Kamui Tips?

I made an unintended post in the Ask the Instructor section.
Shooting Off the Rail and a second
Jacked Up

This was 2 or 3 months back.

Thanks. I've only started posting and doing videos 1 month ago. If you were talking about pointers for one handed....The best advice I can give is to lock your elbow and swing the cue using just your shoulder, it's much more accurate that way. Hold the cue slightly behind the balance point so it hangs forward and extend that grip point farther back the harder you need to hit the ball. It works best for me to hold the tip above and behind the cueball then swing it forward and drop it into the cueball using just your wrist and shoulder. It's similar to a Mike Davis stroke, if you've ever seen him play. lol

JesseAllred

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
observant observing

Your avatar and the picture in the newspaper are the same shot over the same rack of balls but from two different angles. Just an observation. :smile:

Yes, there were two guys taking my picture that day. Very observant, grasshopper. There was a second camera man on the grassy knoll to the northwest side.

Palmetto cue

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Jesse,
So glad it worked out! Very happy for you. I think you're great for our sport. :thumbup:

brock

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Nice shooting, glad to have straight shooters like you in the Army!!! Thanks for your services!!!!! You ot to challange Tiger to a game!!! Make him putt standing on the table!!! ZZ Brock