New guy needing a Cue IDd

merlin7734

Registered
Hi, everyone!

I’ve never played pool seriously. Games with friends at bars and such.

I ran across my dad’s pool cue cleaning out stuff when moving. He passed in 2007 and it’s one of the few things I have of his.

The shaft was warped like crazy but I’m wanting to get a new shaft to put on the butt. I know it’s probably just some sporting goods store cue but pool and baseball were my dad’s two favorite sports and I hate baseball so...

Anyways here it is. These pics are super blurry, my camera lens is super scratched and it’s an older phone so no stabilization... any input would be appreciated!

289e50ada3eb6a4d0ffef29bd0cb453d.jpg

f8c172104ca0c869f5484756836b6822.jpg

8308b5f366abc7ce7e1f9c170874dd75.jpg

jimmyco

NRA4Life
Silver Member
National Billiards Co. import from Taiwan.

Not to be confused with National Chalk Co.

cue fix

Will "MONSOON" & SEARING!
Silver Member
emblem is National. It does look a lot like a model of an Adam cue as well

gogg

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Not really needed, ( more pics)...
Might I suggest getting a idea of the thread on the pin to have a better shaft ordered?
Billiard stores will help you find a good fit...
Just a thought, but it will make your Dad’s cue play worthy of his memory.
Hope you enjoy it

merlin7734

Registered
Not really needed, ( more pics)...
Might I suggest getting a idea of the thread on the pin to have a better shaft ordered?
Billiard stores will help you find a good fit...
Just a thought, but it will make your Dad’s cue play worthy of his memory.
Hope you enjoy it

That was my intention. I don’t even have the old shaft it was so warped. So I planned on either finding a billiards supply place near Harrison/Newark NJ that would have a compatible shaft or a place online that I will.

One person recommended an OB shaft with a Tiger Everest tip so I was looking st that unless someone suggests another option.

Thanks again everyone!

claymont

JADE
Gold Member
Silver Member
Hi, everyone!

I’ve never played pool seriously. Games with friends at bars and such.

I ran across my dad’s pool cue cleaning out stuff when moving. He passed in 2007 and it’s one of the few things I have of his.

The shaft was warped like crazy but I’m wanting to get a new shaft to put on the butt. I know it’s probably just some sporting goods store cue but pool and baseball were my dad’s two favorite sports and I hate baseball so...

Anyways here it is. These pics are super blurry, my camera lens is super scratched and it’s an older phone so no stabilization... any input would be appreciated!

Go to a poolroom in your area somebody there should be able to help. Take the cue to a bar you play at; maybe somebody there could help.

gesan

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Shaft

Merlin you might want to go to the "ask the cue makers" forum". And/or the shaft review forum. There is a lot of info on the review forum. Many of the cue makers can make you a deal on a shaft.

merlin7734

Registered
Merlin you might want to go to the "ask the cue makers" forum". And/or the shaft review forum. There is a lot of info on the review forum. Many of the cue makers can make you a deal on a shaft.

I never even considered that! Would help keep this a truly special, one of a kind cue!

merlin7734

Registered
0dd9e93d4d914c889669df5b6219c55a.jpg

be2909c3bb66428e493b072a3c150dbd.jpg

68d29b5311c4e26c9755370d68dac183.jpg

06545d2b8f2a5b028a56cc7257978c15.jpg

I THINK this is 5/16*18 connection?

It’s a little more beat up than I remember but I love the inlays and the character. Just wanted to share better pics.

I’m in Harrison NJ and thinking about stopping into either Blatt Billiards or Action Billiards today or tomorrow if someone recommends one over the other for a new shaft and likely a case

merlin7734

Registered
I called Pooldawg after no real options found for a local billiards supply.

I’m going to go with a Players HXT shaft and the woman mentioned the tip was soft so I’m upgrading to a Tiger Everest based on things I’ve heard people say about it.