SVB vs Orcollo Free Roll brought to you by OB Cues

NickV

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Both Shane and Dennis have been running an incredible number of racks. I wonder what the Break and run percentage is for today's sets....

Shane starts the second set with a 3 pack and is breaking.

teedotaj

teedot oohhhhhh
Silver Member
who won the second set? what happened after the 8 pack and dry on the break?

Last edited:

Nick B

This is gonna hurt
Silver Member
When will this sink in for some of you. Regardless of whether you love the game of not. 8 ball on large equipment is too easy for top flight pro's. Unless they play on some sort of jacked up trap pockets (re Hardtimes) and then it's not pool and you should just put them on snooker tables.

It was like Nuclear war. Bombs away.

Nick

Last edited:

KoolKat9Lives

Taught 'em all I know
Silver Member
When will this sink in for some of you. Regardless of whether you love the game of not. 8 ball on large equipment is too easy for top flight pro's. Unless they play on some sort of jacked up trap pockets (re Hardtimes) and then it's. Not pool and you should just put them on snooker tables.

Nick

Jay Helfert said in chat room during this free TAR/OB Cues "warm-up" that Hard Times table #1 is not as difficult as the TAR table. Just an FYI.

These two champs made it look way easier than it should be.

Nick B

This is gonna hurt
Silver Member
I've hit balls on both. Table #1 at speed or from certain angles in tougher in humble opinion. Table 1 is gaffy. TAR pit is not.

Nick

Jay Helfert said in chat room during this free TAR/OB Cues "warm-up" that Hard Times table #1 is not as difficult as the TAR table. Just an FYI.

champ2107

Banned

i believe Dennis made it look like a mismatch! defiantly a notch above Shane, i think.

BasementDweller

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
When will this sink in for some of you. Regardless of whether you love the game of not. 8 ball on large equipment is too easy for top flight pro's. Unless they play on some sort of jacked up trap pockets (re Hardtimes) and then it's not pool and you should just put them on snooker tables.

Nick

I wanted to believe that Celtic was right about 8 ball but this may have killed that.

One big variable that keeps getting overlooked in the 8 ball discussion is the use of the new racks, mainly the Magic Rack. If these guys are guaranteed a perfect rack every time it's only a matter of time before they get perfect spreads every time. Then the game of 8 ball may be too easy on just about any equipment.

Unfortunately, I missed the action tonight. Sounds like it was really impressive.

JusticeNJ

Four Points/Steel Joints
Silver Member
was this match archived or available as ppv?

this would sell alot i would think.

teedotaj

teedot oohhhhhh
Silver Member
DENNIS IS A BEAST! Specially after he was mad at himself for scratching hill hill with the 8 ball left for Shane.

Celtic

AZB's own 8-ball jihadist
Silver Member
dennis just kind of made a mockery of the whole "8 ball will be hard for pros if it's played on a tough table" argument. broke and ran 16 of the last 17 games he's won.

The reality that you need a 10-foot table with TAR cut pockets at the least is simply now self evident.

I have been pushing 8-ball but I have also always stated that is NEEDS to be played on truly tough equippment and when the 10-foot Diamonds were being built I said they would be perfect IF you also had tight pockets on them. I still stand by that.

There have been ALOT of people who have stated that a 10-foot table with the TAR pockets would simply be too tough. I would put tonight forth as evidence that such a statement is completely off base.

Last edited:

Nick B

This is gonna hurt
Silver Member
Hey Brother,
Did you see the match? I was watching thinking of you but did not see your name on the list. I was thinking....man Celtic is going eat his gun if he misses this. World class 8-ball.

Nick

The reality that you need a 10-foot table with TAR cut pockets at the least is simply now self evident.

I have been pushing 8-ball but I have also always stated that is NEEDS to be played on truly tough equippment and when the 10-foot Diamonds were being built I said they would be perfect IF you also had tight pockets on them. I still stand by that.

There have been ALOT of people who have stated that a 10-foot table with the TAR pockets would simply be too tough. I would put tonight forth as evidence that such a statement is completely off base.

TheMarsMan

Nice Gun!
Silver Member
I don't know if it would help much but I think if they played shoot what you make it might cut down on the run outs slightly.

Lumocolor

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Whats wrong with seeing guys run racks?

Why does someone have to change the equipment till pros start looking like league bangers?

Some people think tables need to get bigger until the pros can't play anymore. Maybe a 9' x 18' table would make the pros look like your every day player but what is the point in that? Why not play on a 2' x 4' table? maybe that will have enough clusterf*cks and be unrunable every rack.

I want to see guys like Shane and Orcullo run 8 packs and think "damn i can barely run 1 out of 10 racks no matter how beautifully the balls spread, these guys are awesome".

Personally i want to watch the pros run balls, as many as possible. Maybe that's why i'd rather get water boarded than watch 1 pocket.

Nick B

This is gonna hurt
Silver Member
Nothing is wrong. It's just at the highest levels they need a race to big numbers so it doesn't become a coin flip. It was cool to see top flight 8-ball for a change. New TAR format is great. Everyone gets their favorite flavor of crack cocaine.

Nick

Whats wrong with seeing guys run racks?

Why does someone have to change the equipment till pros start looking like league bangers?

Some people think tables need to get bigger until the pros can't play anymore. Maybe a 9' x 18' table would make the pros look like your every day player but what is the point in that? Why not play on a 2' x 4' table? maybe that will have enough clusterf*cks and be unrunable every rack.

I want to see guys like Shane and Orcullo run 8 packs and think "damn i can barely run 1 out of 10 racks no matter how beautifully the balls spread, these guys are awesome".

Personally i want to watch the pros run balls, as many as possible. Maybe that's why i'd rather get water boarded than watch 1 pocket.

Last edited: