HOTSEAT: Tommy Kennedy v. Shane Van Boening -- 8-8 at the time of this writing

Str8 Shots

Kimberly Griffiths
Gold Member
Silver Member
Karen left herself tough on the 5. Cuts it in and ends up on the short side of the 6. 7&8 are both down. Makes it with shape on the 9 and it's over. Final score 10-6.

YAY! Matt you are so awesome to stick around and give all of us updates. Be safe traveling home and tell your girlfriend how much we all appreciate her sacrifice!

trob

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
YAY! Matt you are so awesome to stick around and give all of us updates. Be safe traveling home and tell your girlfriend how much we all appreciate her sacrifice!

It's not over lol. They goto 13 just like the men

TheMarsMan

Nice Gun!
Silver Member
Because it cost money to stream and no one wanted to pony it up.

That is incorrect there were people who offered to stream the event for free and whoever is making decisions for the tournament wanted them to pay to stream the event.

ArtOfTheCue

Matt
Silver Member
Ok folks, Allison's going to work here. She needs 7 and Karen needs 3. And I need to start driving home, unfortunately. I won't be able to continue updating. :(

Str8 Shots

Kimberly Griffiths
Gold Member
Silver Member
Ok folks, Allison's going to work here. She needs 7 and Karen needs 3. And I need to start driving home, unfortunately. I won't be able to continue updating. :(

Thank you so much for hanging out this long. Please be safe! I owe you and your girlfriend dinner the next time I'm out that way.

trob

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
That is incorrect there were people who offered to stream the event for free and whoever is making decisions for the tournament wanted them to pay to stream the event.

Exactly. It cost money to stream it and no one wanted to pony up the cash. Allen puts out a lot of cash to put on is event. I don't have a problem with him expecting to get paid for it.

ArtOfTheCue

Matt
Silver Member
Thank you so much for hanging out this long. Please be safe! I owe you and your girlfriend dinner the next time I'm out that way.

No problem. I wish I could stay and close it out. Final update: still 10-6, Karen just hung the 2, but hid the cueball from it completely.

Str8 Shots

Kimberly Griffiths
Gold Member
Silver Member
I just sent a text to Karen to congratulate her...hope she wins!

Wedge

I was still doing the happy dance when I head it was to 13. Allison and Karen are both playing very well so I'm going to wait to do the happy dance until I hear Karen tell me she won.

upindaklub

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Because it cost money to stream and no one wanted to pony it up.

you are correct. Money added down from years past. The event has lost some luster as far as the pro events but that's true of pro pool more so every year. How much could it have cost to have POV who I believe was there already stream say at least the quarter finals on?

upindaklub

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Exactly. It cost money to stream it and no one wanted to pony up the cash. Allen puts out a lot of cash to put on is event. I don't have a problem with him expecting to get paid for it.

Some more exposure for the event/sport shouldn't hurt the event or its promoter.

bmwboogie

Registered
Matt, Thanks so much for updating us on the event. I had to leave early this morning so this made my day! Thanks again!