Noted Tightwad Spends $25,000 for Mark Gregory Centenniel

hang-the-9

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Those pockets look huge.

Standard pocket size on the tables was/is 5", the Diamonds that came out with their 4.5" pocket size on the pro tables makes the rest look large. I have not checked all the pockets, but I would say they are 4.75" - 5". Play fast also. The cut of the pockets to be more flared than Diamonds and the shallower shelf makes them play easier.

They have a tighter GC II (pretty sure it's a 2) and a 3C table there also, along with some nicely setup Valley 7" tables.

I have gone there a few times but mostly for charity tournaments. That's the place I won my Lomax cue at.

ceebee

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Centenniel table this time

I love the anniversary almost as much
and the gold crown

they all play the same,but the aluminum art deco look
is my favorite

i sold my shelby and bought a table,the wife said go ahead
it's your last chance ,the kids are grown,so I bought it

when Billy Incardone bought his,he kinda gave me the nudge i needed

I finally got me a 6 leg Arcade. I too always wanted a Centennial. I cut my teeth on a 10 Centennial Snooker Table. I played on that table for about 8 years at the Centennial Social Club in Arlington, TX.... A great time in my life.

Congratulations to you....

sneakynito

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Congrats, Dean!
I still don't know how you could ever have something prettier than that Kling, but i'll have to stop by next time I'm in Dallas judge for myself!
Hope all is well,
Rene

I'm getting sick to my stomach reading this thread. I had the most beautiful Anniversary sitting in pieces in my garage for two years and wouldn't trade out my Diamond for it. At that time there were quite a few players visiting my house regularly and they wanted to practice on a Diamond for obvious reasons.

I finally sold the Anniversary to someone who kept calling me about it. He is one happy camper now and I still have one of the best playing Diamonds anywhere, thanks to Donny Wessels. He installed the new Blue Label rails a few years back and cut them for 4.25" corner pockets. The table plays great and the guys love to practice on it, but my heart went with the beautiful Anniversary. That remains my dream table, the best piece of pool equipment I've ever played on - over an inch thick (real) slate, heavy duty construction throughout (heavier than a Gold Crown or Diamond by 100 pounds or more), not to mention the beautiful lines that will never look outdated.

Let me put it this way. The Diamond is a great pool table and the Anniversary is a POOL TABLE! One day, one day! :cool:

The anniversary is and awesome looking table.....sorry you let it go....should have sent me the rails and you would have kept it forever. These are some I did. IMG_0438.JPG

IMG_0427.JPG

IMG_0428.JPG

Straightpool_99

I see dead balls
Silver Member
Such a beautiful table, Brunswick sure knew how to make nice tables. As far as I'm concerned, you can keep your Diamonds, I'd much rather have a tuned Brunswick.

Mikey Town

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Congrats on the purchase Dean.

For my money, the Centennial is perfect... no table out there is as functional, beautiful and classy.

Are you having Mark do a matching light, too? Regardless of pocket size, that setup will be the nuts!

ROB.M

:)
Silver Member
Table

A restored,worked over, rebuilt/new rails centennial by Mark Gregory for $25k...
I have seen them sell for more than that... mark sure is a cheap date'
Now all you Azers go out there and hunt down a Brunswick anniversary or centennial/those tables had been made for 20 years so there plenty out there in basements,storage and poolhalls waiting to be discovered and purchased by you then hire mark to work the table to better than new.

Rob.M

Last edited:

ceebee

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Anybody want to buy a Brunswick Centennial table...9 foot or 10 foot snooker..?

9ballrob

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
If the retail market on a very nice restored Centennial is up to $25,000, what is the going rate for them in the as is condition today?

ceebee

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
You can get one for 7-8 thousand, maybe even dolled up a little, there's one on eBay

Steve Dickey

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Dean,
Congratulations on your purchase. I think the Centennial is the most beautiful table ever made and I'm sure after Mark gets finished, it will play even better than it looks.

Jay,
You have a standing invitation to come play on your old table, but I won't sell it back! I do love it.
Steve

Cuebuddy

Mini cues
Silver Member
I finally got me a 6 leg Arcade. I too always wanted a Centennial. I cut my teeth on a 10 Centennial Snooker Table. I played on that table for about 8 years at the Centennial Social Club in Arlington, TX.... A great time in my life.

Congratulations to you....

I helped buy a 10' Brunswick Centennial a few years back out of Boulder Colorado, its is a American Snooker table and has Rosewood rails. It looked to me to have been recovered only twice, vintage rack and cues came with it. It was sold to my brother in law who now resides in New Orleans and he has made room for it in his house. The challenge is to find someone who can set it up for him:cool: Amazing table....what a beast.

PRED

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
This will be an appropriate time to post a pic of your new table and your whole collection in one group shot.

freds

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I guess I should play in this room a bit more then, makes me feel guilty having these tables an hour from my house and only going there a few times a year now.

Don't keep a secret, that's Ivory Billiards, in Holyoke, MA. Beautiful tables, beautifully maintained. Shiny Centennial balls, too. I'm also about an hour away, I hardly ever get down there either - let's play sometime! One of the owners was telling me it used to be a car showroom; in the 50s her father-in-law acquired the tables from the...(wait for it)...bowling alley around the corner that shut down, and moved them in. He had an older place across the street that burned down. (Now the parking lot.)

Dan_B

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
He still has the Kling?
and, now this Centennial is on the way...
... he has only one lousy cue, last I heard anyways.

:scratchhead:

deanoc

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
That anniversary table of mark's is beautiful

it plays the same as the centennial
i like them both,but i settled on the Centennial because
iI like the art deco

i am probably getting mine to be almost the same
as the one billy incardone bought

but I am considering having mark do it in black,shinny black with high gloss
finish and shiny new aluminum