Jackpot Cues

Bamacues

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Ok I vaguely recall the Eason story and read enough to figure Zinzola went the same path as Eason and Eddie Wheat.

I'm not finding anything on Bama cues. This isn't the seller 'bamacues', right? Can someone point me in the right direction or time frame?

I don’t know how Bama Cues got into this, but we always posted on the site that the cues we sold as BC cues were an imported production cue, built by a Taiwanese custom cuemaker, to our specs. It was stated as such n the BC website, for almost 10 years. We told our SBE customers that, face to face, year after year. We never built cues, nor did we claim to.

I built 4 custom cues in my lifetime... too much work..
but those 4 cues are still out there somewhere.

Hate to see someone go there with this BS.

Although we retired years ago, ebay still has old listings on them.
We sold hundreds upon hundreds of those cues.

Last line of each advertisement of the BC production cue reads:

“We don't think you can find a better value
in a production cue than our BC series cues.”

I still believe that..

Joe....btw, I am coming out of retirement soon...

Last edited:

TATE

AzB Gold Mensch
Silver Member
There is the occasional lightning bolt sent by the gods from the modern Olympus -- Scottsdale.;)

Deano didn't even toss Mike the Golden Bone for crying out loud until he was harassed. At least he seems to have manned up there, or did he? AZ was his personal sandbox. Don't think this thread is going anywhere anytime soon, but just in case, I am checking with the boss.

Last edited:

ShootingArts

Smorg is giving St Peter the 7!
Gold Member
Silver Member
Nothing wrong with giving people an honest choice.

I don’t know how Bama Cues got into this, but we always posted on the site that the cues we sold as BC cues were an imported production cue, built by a Taiwanese custom cuemaker, to our specs. It was stated as such n the BC website, for almost 10 years. We told our SBE customers that, face to face, year after year. We never built cues, nor did we claim to.

We never, at any time, claimed to build cues, nor did we say the were US built.
I built 4 custom cues in my lifetime... too much work..
but those 4 cues are still out there somewhere.

Hate to see someone go there with this BS.

Although we retired years ago, ebay still has old listings on them.
We sold hundreds upon hundreds of those cues.

Last line of each advertisement of the BC production cue reads:

“We don't think you can find a better value
in a production cue than our BC series cues.”

I still believe that..

Joe....btw, I am coming out of retirement soon...

Joe, on general principles I try to avoid buying foreign made. Never the less, I may hold my nose and buy a REVO shaft soon. I really liked the one I hit with a few times. Rumor has it they are made in the USA anyway. Confusing times with foreign companies building factories in the US. Better to support the American worker or the American corporation? I don't know. I know my gut impulse but when I try to reason out the financial end of things I run around in circles. John Deere Built in Japan or Kubota built in the US of A?

There is nothing wrong with giving people an honest choice while being upfront with what you are selling. People can decide for themselves what they want. I am rarely in the market for a cue or shaft so I'm going on your word, which is good enough for me until proven otherwise. Doesn't much matter what you are selling, if you are upfront about it people can make their own choices.

Hu

Bamacues

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Joe, on general principles I try to avoid buying foreign made. Never the less, I may hold my nose and buy a REVO shaft soon. I really liked the one I hit with a few times. Rumor has it they are made in the USA anyway. Confusing times with foreign companies building factories in the US. Better to support the American worker or the American corporation? I don't know. I know my gut impulse but when I try to reason out the financial end of things I run around in circles. John Deere Built in Japan or Kubota built in the US of A?

There is nothing wrong with giving people an honest choice while being upfront with what you are selling. People can decide for themselves what they want. I am rarely in the market for a cue or shaft so I'm going on your word, which is good enough for me until proven otherwise. Doesn't much matter what you are selling, if you are upfront about it people can make their own choices.

Hu

Which is why we did it many years ago...they were targeted for league players.

We sold a lot of them, and most people were very pleased. It has been 5-7 years ago, I think. I had not played pool since my wife got sick in 2012, so, a long time.

How have you been?
Joe

rhinobywilhite

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Just to clarify my own thoughts, I don't have a feeling one way or another about the cues themselves, just the false claims and hype used to sell them.

Two things about your post I really like:

1. The "wealth manager" comment. Would DeanO be available for that service too? :wink:

2. Point us to Krown cues.

1. I guess you could enquire, LOL.

2. Roll over to Facebook. He seems to take money and seldom deliver product.

rhinobywilhite

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
They were represented as being made by a respected cue builder, now they have became a pig in a poke. I bought a semi-custom for about $165 a few years back. I could specify most things about a cue and it was custom built on production equipment.

The cue came, it looked nice. About six months later I bumped it against something and it broke half in two. What the hell? The insert wasn't threaded in and the small dab of glue with mostly air space where a threaded joint had been supposed to be had failed. No big deal, I favored a different pin and insert anyway. I pulled the pin, found it was very short in the wood. All through the cue corners had been cut. These things didn't show when new but time revealed them. The same with cutting corners on finishing, it can look great when new and prove false a short time down the road.

While the cues from dean were marketed as roughly finished on the outside, Jack's name backed a quality build on the inside. Now that the builder is a mystery and the amount of oversight is highly questionable the cues may be five hundred or more dollar cues, they may be sub two-hundred dollar cues. Buyers and those that were advertised to all have a right to be unhappy. When somebody tries to sucker me on a "fine used car only driven by a little ol' lady on Sunday" or miracle windows without a single molecule of air between the panes, I don't have to buy to be annoyed.

I have largely stayed out of the cue threads not being directly involved. However, I was the beneficiary of a dean PM that was quite a bit more revealing than I am sure he intended. Basically he deliberately plays games with the AZB members to prove he can. He and his buddies do nothing wrong. If they do anything wrong it isn't their fault. If it is their fault, it should be forgiven, ignoring the fact that neither he or his buddies have changed a bit. I don't believe in forgiving people that are keeping on doing the same thing.

I don't care much about dean one way or another. However when people jump to defend him it is fair to comment on both sides of the story. dean is far from lily white.

Hu

I certainly did not paint him as lily white but pointed out that the buyers seem satisfied and can get their money back if it falls apart or they are in any way unsatisfied. If that is a defense, I plead guilty.

I really don't know how to respond to your PM from Dean, so I won't.

I do hope the general animosity on this very long thread reminds all of us that we can disagree about a situation but nothing is solved on ABZ.

RiverCity

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
They were represented as being made by a respected cue builder, now they have became a pig in a poke. I bought a semi-custom for about $165 a few years back. I could specify most things about a cue and it was custom built on production equipment.

The cue came, it looked nice. About six months later I bumped it against something and it broke half in two. What the hell? The insert wasn't threaded in and the small dab of glue with mostly air space where a threaded joint had been supposed to be had failed. No big deal, I favored a different pin and insert anyway. I pulled the pin, found it was very short in the wood. All through the cue corners had been cut. These things didn't show when new but time revealed them. The same with cutting corners on finishing, it can look great when new and prove false a short time down the road.

While the cues from dean were marketed as roughly finished on the outside, Jack's name backed a quality build on the inside. Now that the builder is a mystery and the amount of oversight is highly questionable the cues may be five hundred or more dollar cues, they may be sub two-hundred dollar cues. Buyers and those that were advertised to all have a right to be unhappy. When somebody tries to sucker me on a "fine used car only driven by a little ol' lady on Sunday" or miracle windows without a single molecule of air between the panes, I don't have to buy to be annoyed.

I have largely stayed out of the cue threads not being directly involved. However, I was the beneficiary of a dean PM that was quite a bit more revealing than I am sure he intended. Basically he deliberately plays games with the AZB members to prove he can. He and his buddies do nothing wrong. If they do anything wrong it isn't their fault. If it is their fault, it should be forgiven, ignoring the fact that neither he or his buddies have changed a bit. I don't believe in forgiving people that are keeping on doing the same thing.

I don't care much about dean one way or another. However when people jump to defend him it is fair to comment on both sides of the story. dean is far from lily white.

Hu

Tap tap tap.

There are none so blind, as those who will not see.

ShootingArts

Gold Member
Silver Member
just laughing!

Which is why we did it many years ago...they were targeted for league players.

We sold a lot of them, and most people were very pleased. It has been 5-7 years ago, I think. I had not played pool since my wife got sick in 2012, so, a long time.

How have you been?
Joe

Up and down more than a yo-yo! These days I just kinda laugh in bemusement when the doctors find another major condition. Funny that working hard on my day jobs did more damage to my health than my misspent time in a pool hall. I'm planning on living until I die. Not playing much but working on a couple options to fix that!

All fun here. Hope things smooth out and you get back active.

Hu

Bamacues

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Up and down more than a yo-yo! These days I just kinda laugh in bemusement when the doctors find another major condition. Funny that working hard on my day jobs did more damage to my health than my misspent time in a pool hall. I'm planning on living until I die. Not playing much but working on a couple options to fix that!

All fun here. Hope things smooth out and you get back active.

Hu

Seems like we wear out, for sure. I have had 3 surgeries, so far, just in the last year. My doctor knows my issues so well that he gave me his cell phone number with instructions to call him directly, if problems arise. When I had my last surgery in Baltimore, the day following, my doctor actually stopped by at the hotel room where my wife and I were staying to change dressings, etc, so we would not need to return to his office.

Best of luck to you, as well...day by day...

logical

Loose Rack
Silver Member
New batch of sneaky Jackpots coming out now. The ad seems remarkably transparent.

Sent from the future.

ShootingArts

Gold Member
Silver Member
Seems like we wear out, for sure. I have had 3 surgeries, so far, just in the last year. My doctor knows my issues so well that he gave me his cell phone number with instructions to call him directly, if problems arise. When I had my last surgery in Baltimore, the day following, my doctor actually stopped by at the hotel room where my wife and I were staying to change dressings, etc, so we would not need to return to his office.

Best of luck to you, as well...day by day...

Oh well, I can't think of a better thread to derail! I moved about sixty miles making some of my doctors seventy to eighty miles away. Been using them for thirty years and they have both been known to make personal calls well after hours to check on me, update me about something, or get prescriptions in under the wire. The local hospital turned me loose with sugar over 600, no way to check it, and no insulin. Got a test kit locally, overrranged. Sugar too high to test on the machine. Called my doctor's office at close of business. Thirty minutes or so later my doctor called me and told me to hurry to my local pharmacy before it closed, I had two types of insulin there plus all of the assorted crap needed for sugar.

I have some great old doctors, some seemingly very good new ones, a few stinkers. Bad timing to deal with the stinkers so I will have to let that ride awhile. If I were to kick the bucket, nobody I would rather leave this world owing money to! Not many people anyway. Medical bills piled up a bit from a ride in the little red wagon with flashing lights and a week in the hospital about a year ago. I pay them a bit here and there. I'm working on the theory that you can't take your own money with you but you can take everyone else's!

I am glad you have good doctors and you and your wife are hanging in there. Sometimes that is all we can do. Somebody close to me just had to have a biopsy a few days ago. Reminded me of an old oilman when he was told the doctors needed to do an exploratory operation on his spouse. "Hell no, ain't nobody wildcatting on my wife!" He knew all about exploratory operations.

Hu

Agreed, Dean does not speak Mandarin.

He did speak with me a minute ago, in fact we talked for 30 minutes, super nice guy.

I held firm, he needs the Gold.

I did ask who made them and all I will say is not Chinese.

If they were made by a Chinese cue manufacturer, then the quality may have been far better then whoever did build the cues.

HawaiianEye

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
If they were made by a Chinese cue manufacturer, then the quality may have been far better then whoever did build the cues.

Do you have one?

Have you played with one?

Do you play pool?

I've read MANY of your posts and you seem to be very unfamiliar with cues, prices, quality, etc., so how would you know?

I saw one of your posts where you were asking if a particular cue was made from "ramin" wood. If you can't can't tell "ramin" wood then you don't know ramen noodles from Spaghetti-Os.

Last edited:

Snooker Theory

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Well, if that's what Dean said it must be true. I mean he has a great iTrader. He wouldn't try to mislead you.

Sent from the future.

I remember Jim saying that but couldn't find the post, Roflmao, well played sir, well played.

giphy.gif

Dean said that Jack made them.

Is that not the case?