Jackpot Cues

rburgoyne

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
JackPot cues will go down with the same rep as Bama cues, Sly, Harris, Eason, Zinzola, Wheat, and the rest of worthless items hawked around here.

I know the story on Wheat and Sly cues. Personally I think there is a big difference between never getting a cue, or getting one made poorly, versus deception on who made a cue that looks nice and plays well and was delivered on time..

As far as Bama, Eason, and Zinzola... I have some reading to do this afternoon...

Buster8001

Did you say shrubberies?
Silver Member
I know the story on Wheat and Sly cues. Personally I think there is a big difference between never getting a cue, or getting one made poorly, versus deception on who made a cue that looks nice and plays well and was delivered on time..

As far as Bama, Eason, and Zinzola... I have some reading to do this afternoon...

Owners have come forward to confirm cues from every one of those makers, and their play-ability. Point is good luck trying to move them when the owners are finished with them.

rburgoyne

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

Ok I vaguely recall the Eason story and read enough to figure Zinzola went the same path as Eason and Eddie Wheat.

I'm not finding anything on Bama cues. This isn't the seller 'bamacues', right? Can someone point me in the right direction or time frame?

garczar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Ok I vaguely recall the Eason story and read enough to figure Zinzola went the same path as Eason and Eddie Wheat.

I'm not finding anything on Bama cues. This isn't the seller 'bamacues', right? Can someone point me in the right direction or time frame?
No clue what he's saying about Bama. Dealt with them before and they're one of the best i've ever dealt with.

Buster8001

Did you say shrubberies?
Silver Member
No clue what he's saying about Bama. Dealt with them before and they're one of the best i've ever dealt with.

I'm not saying he isn't. I've also had dealings with Joe and he was top notch with me, as well.

It was a similar initiative as this JackPot idea - a run of cues with his logo, not made by him, builder never revealed, for a discounted price for a "custom cue". They came, they went, they're worthless. Not at all saying they weren't nice cues. I saw them and handled them at the SBE.

https://forums.azbilliards.com/showthread.php?t=378509

Last edited:

rhinobywilhite

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
This whole mess seems simple to me..

If you received a Jackpot and were unhappy, there was a full refund available, no questions asked. Am I mistaken that no purchaser has asked for a refund?

We have others who feel that a whole lot of untrue statements were put forth. That is your right as an AZB poster. That right does not qualify you to determine whether a cue is worthy of purchase. You see slight of hand-don't buy.

If you are buying a $500 cue for long term capital growth you might consider hiring a wealth manager.

I hope some of you dissenters will take on Krown Cues. Perhaps your protests will bring a real rapscallion to change his ways.

I am still waiting for the photos and breakdown explanation of why these cues, for the princely sum of $500, are so terrible.

rburgoyne

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I'm not saying he isn't. I've also had dealings with Joe and he was top notch with me, as well.

It was a similar initiative as this JackPot idea - a run of cues with his logo, not made by him, builder never revealed, for a discounted price for a "custom cue". They came, they went, they're worthless. Not at all saying they weren't nice cues. I saw them and handled them at the SBE.

Thanks for the info, I couldn't find anything on that.

I have never understood the "Name Brand" mentality. If a product is made well, you like the looks of it, and it lasts, who cares if it's not a "Insert Designer Name Here", that will cost 4x more.

I look at cues the same way. Why buy a $2k cue made by "Insert Overpriced Builder Name Here", when "Insert Underrated Builder Name Here" can make a similar cue that looks the same and is constructed just as good for $600.

TATE

AzB Gold Mensch
Silver Member
If you are buying a $500 cue for long term capital growth you might consider hiring a wealth manager.

I hope some of you dissenters will take on Krown Cues. Perhaps your protests will bring a real rapscallion to change his ways.

Just to clarify my own thoughts, I don't have a feeling one way or another about the cues themselves, just the false claims and hype used to sell them.

Two things about your post I really like:

1. The "wealth manager" comment. Would DeanO be available for that service too? :wink:

2. Point us to Krown cues.

Last edited:

penguin

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Anyone have that quote from Teddy Roosevelt on"its not the critic who counts?"
I don't have any quotes from Teddy Roosevelt, but how about this one :D
most pool hustlers are bums

some call themselves pro players
seldom do they make enough to support themself
or a family

seldom do they make money gambling
my guess is that if you took the stake horse out
of the equation the average pool player would nor survive long

i refer to the main source of income is from dumping games
not all,i do not want to imply that this is the source of income of all without exception
my guess it would be closer to only 50%,their other big source is borrowing with no
intention of paying back

ShootingArts

Smorg is giving St Peter the 7!
Gold Member
Silver Member
the deal from my perspective

This whole mess seems simple to me..

If you received a Jackpot and were unhappy, there was a full refund available, no questions asked. Am I mistaken that no purchaser has asked for a refund?

We have others who feel that a whole lot of untrue statements were put forth. That is your right as an AZB poster. That right does not qualify you to determine whether a cue is worthy of purchase. You see slight of hand-don't buy.

I am still waiting for the photos and breakdown explanation of why these cues, for the princely sum of $500, are so terrible.

They were represented as being made by a respected cue builder, now they have became a pig in a poke. I bought a semi-custom for about $165 a few years back. I could specify most things about a cue and it was custom built on production equipment.

The cue came, it looked nice. About six months later I bumped it against something and it broke half in two. What the hell? The insert wasn't threaded in and the small dab of glue with mostly air space where a threaded joint had been supposed to be had failed. No big deal, I favored a different pin and insert anyway. I pulled the pin, found it was very short in the wood. All through the cue corners had been cut. These things didn't show when new but time revealed them. The same with cutting corners on finishing, it can look great when new and prove false a short time down the road.

While the cues from dean were marketed as roughly finished on the outside, Jack's name backed a quality build on the inside. Now that the builder is a mystery and the amount of oversight is highly questionable the cues may be five hundred or more dollar cues, they may be sub two-hundred dollar cues. Buyers and those that were advertised to all have a right to be unhappy. When somebody tries to sucker me on a "fine used car only driven by a little ol' lady on Sunday" or miracle windows without a single molecule of air between the panes, I don't have to buy to be annoyed.

I have largely stayed out of the cue threads not being directly involved. However, I was the beneficiary of a dean PM that was quite a bit more revealing than I am sure he intended. Basically he deliberately plays games with the AZB members to prove he can. He and his buddies do nothing wrong. If they do anything wrong it isn't their fault. If it is their fault, it should be forgiven, ignoring the fact that neither he or his buddies have changed a bit. I don't believe in forgiving people that are keeping on doing the same thing.

I don't care much about dean one way or another. However when people jump to defend him it is fair to comment on both sides of the story. dean is far from lily white.

Hu

TATE

AzB Gold Mensch
Silver Member
I don't have any quotes from Teddy Roosevelt, but how about this one :D

Quote:
Originally Posted by deanoc View Post
most pool hustlers are bums

some call themselves pro players
seldom do they make enough to support themself
or a family

seldom do they make money gambling
my guess is that if you took the stake horse out
of the equation the average pool player would nor survive long

i refer to the main source of income is from dumping games
not all,i do not want to imply that this is the source of income of all without exception
my guess it would be closer to only 50%,their other big source is borrowing with no
intention of paying back

Moving from Thread of the Year to Thread of the Decade nominee.

Mike, need more bandwidth!

Last edited:

Buster8001

Did you say shrubberies?
Silver Member
You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to ShootingArts again.

It honestly amazes me the people who back Dean. He's been playing games with AZB for years under the guise of a harmless old man.
People in the cue world have heard the storys about him; he's a cheat, and has been for years. Yeah, some cue makers might get taken care of; but you're doing his work.
Just look at all the contradictory stories he tells about Titanic, Fats, etc...Hustlers hailed as heroes.

Last edited:

logical

Loose Rack
Silver Member
441 posts.
Time to give it a rest guys.
Threads die a natural death when they are at peace with themselves and ready to go. You can't smoother them with a pillow. If you can't watch it linger on you just have to go sit in the waiting room.

Sent from the future.

pvc lou

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
SNOOKER THEORY lets face the truth for once

i once way back before I had heard anything about you offered to give you a free autograhed photo of Tom and Jerry

for reasons I never understood you hounded my every thread criticisng this citicizing that
never saying much always a compliment to be followed by verbal abuse, give a penny steal a pound
I am nothing but not fair baloney your style of insincerity

The truth is you don't like my style,you don't like me and you were looking to hurt me any way you could

I have never seen you write anything positive, I kinda doubt you know enough about pool to offer advice, you don't have any stories to make us cry or laugh.

Why don't you try to entertain the troops instead of picking on preople

I am not a liar after all,but you don't have the common decency to apologize

You didn't have the courtesy to contact me privately to find out before you started your nasty verbal assaults

I did nothing,but go overboard posting what I thought were funny threads,I was wrong,I offended good guys

When i confessed to spamming and promised to quit,placing selling ads in the wrong forum and too many

I got accused for spamming for apologizing

I lost my Tascarella and got accused of lying

True I don't understand forums,maybe tearing down people and parading yourself is standard fare

I want a public apology

you have damaged my reputation to some in public,it is not enough to couch all that with some trivial nonsense like if dean had not posted too ofen this would never have happened

passive voice baloney,it didnt happen,you attacked me without interest or provocation

i kinda doubt i am the only one

women...:rolleyes:

Bob Jewett

AZB Osmium Member
Staff member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Threads die a natural death when they are at peace with themselves and ready to go. You can't smoother them with a pillow. ...
There is the occasional lightning bolt sent by the gods from the modern Olympus -- Scottsdale.;)

Z-Nole

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I wonder how many of the same people saying "it's only $500" also complain about paying $8 an hour for table time.

Not me. Never complained once about pool time costs. Just glad there’s still rooms with nice tables.

This thread has me missing the aiming threads. And ‘ole JB and Lou going at it.