Go Back   AzBilliards.com > Main Category > Main Forum
Reload this Page Shame on you, Derby. Should be same rules for everyone...
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Share Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 2 votes, 5.00 average.
Shame on you, Derby. Should be same rules for everyone...
Old
  (#1)
Roy Steffensen
not banned
Roy Steffensen has a reputation beyond reputeRoy Steffensen has a reputation beyond reputeRoy Steffensen has a reputation beyond reputeRoy Steffensen has a reputation beyond reputeRoy Steffensen has a reputation beyond reputeRoy Steffensen has a reputation beyond reputeRoy Steffensen has a reputation beyond reputeRoy Steffensen has a reputation beyond reputeRoy Steffensen has a reputation beyond reputeRoy Steffensen has a reputation beyond reputeRoy Steffensen has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 25

Shame on you, Derby. Should be same rules for everyone... - 01-24-2012, 04:52 PM

At my first DCC I played Brumback in one-pocket, and ran 8-and-out to make it 2-2 and my break. I collected the balls, realized I owed a ball, and we called the TD and he said I lost the game, and lost the match 3-1 instead.

Now Darren did the SAME on the TV-table. They replace the balls, and continue playing.

It should have been automatically loss of game for him too... Is it because he is a world champ?

"The bangers consider me a pro - the pros consider me a banger"

LOVE TO GAMBLE - CAN'T PLAY

Old
  (#2)
pooladdiction
shut up and rack em
pooladdiction has a reputation beyond reputepooladdiction has a reputation beyond reputepooladdiction has a reputation beyond reputepooladdiction has a reputation beyond reputepooladdiction has a reputation beyond reputepooladdiction has a reputation beyond reputepooladdiction has a reputation beyond reputepooladdiction has a reputation beyond reputepooladdiction has a reputation beyond reputepooladdiction has a reputation beyond reputepooladdiction has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 1700

01-24-2012, 04:55 PM

It would seem that way. Sry, dude that sucks

Old
  (#3)
Bob Jewett
Northern California

Bob Jewett has a reputation beyond reputeBob Jewett has a reputation beyond reputeBob Jewett has a reputation beyond reputeBob Jewett has a reputation beyond reputeBob Jewett has a reputation beyond reputeBob Jewett has a reputation beyond reputeBob Jewett has a reputation beyond reputeBob Jewett has a reputation beyond reputeBob Jewett has a reputation beyond reputeBob Jewett has a reputation beyond reputeBob Jewett has a reputation beyond repute

01-24-2012, 05:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roy Steffensen View Post
At my first DCC I played Brumback in one-pocket, and ran 8-and-out to make it 2-2 and my break. I collected the balls, realized I owed a ball, and we called the TD and he said I lost the game, and lost the match 3-1 instead.

Now Darren did the SAME on the TV-table. They replace the balls, and continue playing.

It should have been automatically loss of game for him too... Is it because he is a world champ?
If it was the same ref there is a problem. On the other hand, maybe Darren's opponent said "That's it. .... Oops, no, you owed one."

Figuring out what to do when the player is acting as the referee is often a problem. In general I don't think a player should be penalized for an "innocent" mistake when acting as the referee in an unrefereed match.

Bob Jewett
SF Billiard Academy

Last edited by Bob Jewett; 01-24-2012 at 05:13 PM.

Old
  (#4)
brandoncook26
AzB Silver Member
brandoncook26 has a reputation beyond reputebrandoncook26 has a reputation beyond reputebrandoncook26 has a reputation beyond reputebrandoncook26 has a reputation beyond reputebrandoncook26 has a reputation beyond reputebrandoncook26 has a reputation beyond reputebrandoncook26 has a reputation beyond reputebrandoncook26 has a reputation beyond reputebrandoncook26 has a reputation beyond reputebrandoncook26 has a reputation beyond reputebrandoncook26 has a reputation beyond repute

01-24-2012, 05:11 PM

They called Shane on a similar situation last night in the bank final and he lost the game.

It should be the same rules for everyone. I walked in right as that happened. From what I could tell, Appleton only moved two balls. Perhaps since they could replace those balls and keep playing it wasn't loss of game. I did see that the ref called a foul on Darren and he had to spot a ball.

Maybe if Kenny Schuman was here he would have given the game to Miller. I don't know.

Old
  (#5)
Red Shoes
AzB Silver Member
Red Shoes has a reputation beyond reputeRed Shoes has a reputation beyond reputeRed Shoes has a reputation beyond reputeRed Shoes has a reputation beyond reputeRed Shoes has a reputation beyond reputeRed Shoes has a reputation beyond reputeRed Shoes has a reputation beyond reputeRed Shoes has a reputation beyond reputeRed Shoes has a reputation beyond reputeRed Shoes has a reputation beyond reputeRed Shoes has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 500

01-24-2012, 05:12 PM

You lost the game when you picked up (swept) the balls before you ACTUALLY had 8 CREDITED balls, also "if" Darren did the same thing...he LOST the game too. I have no clue why they would/should of made an exception in his case. It is not like it is an "unknown" rule. As a matter of fact, I would think in THAT sized field....it will happen 10 to 20 times over the course of the tournament

Old
  (#6)
watchez
What time is it?
watchez has a reputation beyond reputewatchez has a reputation beyond reputewatchez has a reputation beyond reputewatchez has a reputation beyond reputewatchez has a reputation beyond reputewatchez has a reputation beyond reputewatchez has a reputation beyond reputewatchez has a reputation beyond reputewatchez has a reputation beyond reputewatchez has a reputation beyond reputewatchez has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 5625

01-24-2012, 05:17 PM

This is not the first time that the DCC has made an exception for a player.

In Roy's example - it should not matter who the ref is. There should be a set of rules and all refs should have to stick by them.

Remember it cost David Matlock the all around a few years ago for an exception they made for Corey and Efren to basically get byes in the 9 ball because they had to play the finals of the one pocket. It was pretty deep into the 9 ball event and each would have definitely played a player capable of beating them in a race to 7 - thus effecting the outcome of the all around.

Watchez Is The Teacher

Those who dance are always laughed at by those who don't even hear the f'in music - George Carlin RIP

Old
  (#7)
Ky Boy
AzB Silver Member
Ky Boy has a reputation beyond reputeKy Boy has a reputation beyond reputeKy Boy has a reputation beyond reputeKy Boy has a reputation beyond reputeKy Boy has a reputation beyond reputeKy Boy has a reputation beyond reputeKy Boy has a reputation beyond reputeKy Boy has a reputation beyond reputeKy Boy has a reputation beyond reputeKy Boy has a reputation beyond reputeKy Boy has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 25

01-24-2012, 05:18 PM

Rules are rules and of course should be the same for everyone. Roy, I think they should fly you back on their dime to your next DCC...customer is always right!!

On another note, I feel Truman made an error in the Bank Ring Game. He didn't know what to do so he asked John Brumback and they both asked Shannon. Jones scratched with the last ball on the table sitting in the pocket in the kitchen. They did not know what to do so Shannon said to spot it. IMO it should not have been spotted as the game allowed for kicks. Gotta always remember the rules and follow them. This is just an example how things in pool seem to happen due to lack of knowledge or disregard for rules.

Gary

Old
  (#8)
dabarbr
AzB Silver Member
dabarbr has a reputation beyond reputedabarbr has a reputation beyond reputedabarbr has a reputation beyond reputedabarbr has a reputation beyond reputedabarbr has a reputation beyond reputedabarbr has a reputation beyond reputedabarbr has a reputation beyond reputedabarbr has a reputation beyond reputedabarbr has a reputation beyond reputedabarbr has a reputation beyond reputedabarbr has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 250

01-24-2012, 05:20 PM

Bummer Roy, but in one pocket that's why I always let my opponent move the first ball.

Old
  (#9)
ABall
Right behind you...
ABall has a reputation beyond reputeABall has a reputation beyond reputeABall has a reputation beyond reputeABall has a reputation beyond reputeABall has a reputation beyond reputeABall has a reputation beyond reputeABall has a reputation beyond reputeABall has a reputation beyond reputeABall has a reputation beyond reputeABall has a reputation beyond reputeABall has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 5975

01-24-2012, 05:49 PM

Quote:

Darren didn't do the same thing as you according to what you're saying. You say you collected the balls. Darren only moved 2 balls and didn't touch any others when he was told he still owed one. In your situation, it would be impossible to put all the balls back. In his situation, most of the balls were still in their original location.

Old
  (#10)
OTB
I DIDN'T DO IT!!!!
OTB has a reputation beyond reputeOTB has a reputation beyond reputeOTB has a reputation beyond reputeOTB has a reputation beyond reputeOTB has a reputation beyond reputeOTB has a reputation beyond reputeOTB has a reputation beyond reputeOTB has a reputation beyond reputeOTB has a reputation beyond reputeOTB has a reputation beyond reputeOTB has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 3900

01-24-2012, 06:02 PM

Moving all the balls was the big foul.........rack it up as a lesson.

~ Old Time Billiards Pool Hall ~
Cues: Mottey ~ Titlist
Shaft: OB-1 & pre-cat Predator 314
Tip: Area 51 Shit!!
Breaker: McDermott (Tweeked NG-02)
Case: (2) Justis 2x4 Brown (Python Diamonds & Ring Tail), 2x2 O'neil , (2) 1x2 Fellini,1x2 Ron Thomas, 1x1 Whitten Tan Ostrich,1x2 GTF

~I DONT GAMBLE, I GIVE IT AWAY... STOP BY AND SHOOT A GAME~...J.H.
~STAKING YOURSELF IS THE SIGN OF TRUE TALENT!!~..Orig. Quote by J.H.
C-Note Lock

Old
  (#11)
Bob Jewett
Northern California

Bob Jewett has a reputation beyond reputeBob Jewett has a reputation beyond reputeBob Jewett has a reputation beyond reputeBob Jewett has a reputation beyond reputeBob Jewett has a reputation beyond reputeBob Jewett has a reputation beyond reputeBob Jewett has a reputation beyond reputeBob Jewett has a reputation beyond reputeBob Jewett has a reputation beyond reputeBob Jewett has a reputation beyond reputeBob Jewett has a reputation beyond repute

01-24-2012, 06:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ky Boy View Post
Rules are rules and of course should be the same for everyone. Roy, I think they should fly you back on their dime to your next DCC...customer is always right!!

On another note, I feel Truman made an error in the Bank Ring Game. He didn't know what to do so he asked John Brumback and they both asked Shannon. Jones scratched with the last ball on the table sitting in the pocket in the kitchen. They did not know what to do so Shannon said to spot it. IMO it should not have been spotted as the game allowed for kicks. Gotta always remember the rules and follow them. This is just an example how things in pool seem to happen due to lack of knowledge or disregard for rules.

Gary
The rule is that if all balls are behind the line the nearest one will be spotted if the shooter requests it.

Bob Jewett
SF Billiard Academy

Old
  (#12)
Bob Jewett
Northern California

01-24-2012, 06:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dabarbr View Post
Bummer Roy, but in one pocket that's why I always let my opponent move the first ball.
Or wait for an answer to, "Is that enough?"

Bob Jewett
SF Billiard Academy

Old
  (#13)
RunoutJJ
Professional Banger
RunoutJJ has a reputation beyond reputeRunoutJJ has a reputation beyond reputeRunoutJJ has a reputation beyond reputeRunoutJJ has a reputation beyond reputeRunoutJJ has a reputation beyond reputeRunoutJJ has a reputation beyond reputeRunoutJJ has a reputation beyond reputeRunoutJJ has a reputation beyond reputeRunoutJJ has a reputation beyond reputeRunoutJJ has a reputation beyond reputeRunoutJJ has a reputation beyond repute

01-24-2012, 06:22 PM

I blam the APA

"You just saw me run 62 balls, and you want to keep playing?" "Yeah, I didn't like the way you played it." ~Waterdog playing Straights

Hit a gear at one of those tournaments and have everyone saying, "Who the #$%& is that guy?", then start dogging it and have everyone be like, "Oh, never mind." ~Victorl

Old
  (#14)
alstl
AzB Silver Member
alstl has a reputation beyond reputealstl has a reputation beyond reputealstl has a reputation beyond reputealstl has a reputation beyond reputealstl has a reputation beyond reputealstl has a reputation beyond reputealstl has a reputation beyond reputealstl has a reputation beyond reputealstl has a reputation beyond reputealstl has a reputation beyond reputealstl has a reputation beyond repute

01-24-2012, 07:22 PM

Seems like it should be loss of game, I don't see how you could ever get the balls exactly back where they were.

Lousy way to lose, sounds like something I would do. I've raked the break ball inadvertently to end a 14.1 run. Brain fart.

I am sorry about your lost Roy.
Old
  (#15)
Lock N Load
AzB Silver Member
Lock N Load has a reputation beyond reputeLock N Load has a reputation beyond reputeLock N Load has a reputation beyond reputeLock N Load has a reputation beyond reputeLock N Load has a reputation beyond reputeLock N Load has a reputation beyond reputeLock N Load has a reputation beyond reputeLock N Load has a reputation beyond reputeLock N Load has a reputation beyond reputeLock N Load has a reputation beyond reputeLock N Load has a reputation beyond repute

I am sorry about your lost Roy. - 01-24-2012, 08:08 PM

Quote:

You must have forgot to put a coin on the rail by the pocket where you owed a ball? To make you remember! Moving the balls was what made it a lost for you. If he had moved the balls it would have been his lost!!!! It should have been a lost for Darren also! I think!!!!
Many Regards,
Lock N Load.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: