The Holy Grail is not Kamui Chalk

pwd72s

recreational banger
Silver Member
To each his own...Yes, I shoot with a $pendy cue, carried in a Justis case.
But I expect to use them for many years.
Just can't bring myself to spend $30 for a single piece of chalk.

Have some pre flag masters...can't tell the difference between it and new.
Maybe it's just my low skill level doing this?

Again, to each his own...

Last edited:

KMRUNOUT

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
The marks came off very easy. What I'm thinking they were, was that there was little "grease" marks on the balls that picked up the regular chalk from the cloth. I do not know if he was just hitting the ob around, or if they were marks transferred from the cb to the ob. Either way, it's not a good thing to have happening. Especially at the price of that chalk.

Yeah, one way or the other...if there is THAT much chalk falling on the cloth to get picked up by the rolling OB's, that's kinda nuts. I understand the new 1.21 formula is supposed to reduce or eliminate this problem. I am going to try out the 0.98 just for the heck of it...I does *feel* nice when you hit the CB with extreme english.

KMRUNOUT

DeepBanks

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Kamui Splui . . .

Geeeeeeez! $28/Cube. You could get robbed in the parking lot carrying this stuff. Government price controls are bound to kick in . . .

Chalk should create friction . . . any decent brand does it . . . some a little better then others, but at 9 times my current chalk's price (Blue Diamond), I believe I'm good to go.

I'm sending a cube over to the chief scientist at my lab (PhD below) - please get back to us with the results.

Attachments

• Dumber.jpg
    Dumber.jpg
    33.7 KB · Views: 294
Last edited:

dr9ball

"Lock Doctor"
Silver Member
Even an archer can't shoot straight with an inferior arrow.

What do you think of layered tips and LD shafts?

Evolution, or become the dinosaur.

Alligators and Crocodiles are still around and doing fine.
Players don't need Kamui Chalk, Tips or LD shafts to play the game at a very high level. I am still amazed that people are so reluctant to admit this. Once humans buy something they often spend a lot of time defending their purchase and often try to get others to purchase the same gear to validate their expenditures.

If people want to spend their money on laminated shafts, LD shafts and over priced chalk that's all well and good but if they think it will make them a better player with out putting in the time to develop their game they, in my humble opinion are fooling themselves.

conetip

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
A fool and his money are soon parted.
This is true, even clever people have been parted from their money.

It ain't the arrow....it's the archer.[/QUOTE]
This quote is a fallacy.
An arrow with bad flights or bent, will not hit the target bull, no matter how good the shooter.

By the way, a good archer will have straight arrows with flights as good as he can make.So the arrows are just as important as the archer.

pwd72s

recreational banger
Silver Member
Last time I watched SVB he was using a cutec and wearing a glove...but using whatever chalk was on the table. Masters?

Matt90

Trust the Process
Silver Member
If

If you really wanna improve your game , quit using chalk altogether for a few hours and play nothing but center ball. Just a practice method.

CocoboloCowboy

Cowboys are my hero's
Silver Member
Practice is the Holy Grail. Buy a 28 dollar chunk of chalk and suddenly you are Efren "Bata" Reyes. Who is the marketing manger? Sign him up. A fool and his money are soon parted. Give any top level pro a simple piece of Master/Brunswick Chalk.....and whip out your fancy Kamui chalk and see what happens.

It ain't the arrow....it's the archer.

IS our B***H with the Chalk, or the Price of the Chalk???;)

My Gripe is the 28 Buck Price, and if it was priced like BLUE DIAMOND I would be using Kamui Chalk.:smile:

Nick B

This is gonna hurt
Silver Member
Coco,
Maybe you cab run a perpetual banner add for Kamui (like you do for JB) and they'll send you some. I second thought...please kill both.

Nick

Tony_in_MD

You want some of this?
Silver Member
All true but it is human nature to look for shortcuts.

For example, how many "country club types" buy new golf clubs every season, looking for that next great thing that will put their game over the top?

Alligators and Crocodiles are still around and doing fine.
Players don't need Kamui Chalk, Tips or LD shafts to play the game at a very high level. I am still amazed that people are so reluctant to admit this. Once humans buy something they often spend a lot of time defending their purchase and often try to get others to purchase the same gear to validate their expenditures.

If people want to spend their money on laminated shafts, LD shafts and over priced chalk that's all well and good but if they think it will make them a better player with out putting in the time to develop their game they, in my humble opinion are fooling themselves.

Rich93

A Small Time Charlie
Silver Member
Neil:

I hear ya, man. On Thursday, I had some time to get into a nice ring game after league play. Same exact thing -- *one guy* was using this Kamui Chalk, and the cue ball was a mess. It looked like a blue version of a measle ball. And, before long, this was transferring to the object balls! Mind you, this is a nice pool hall, with Gold Crown IIIs impeccably maintained (the Joss tour stops here), and the balls cleaned or polished after every customer's use. So it's not like we were "pinning" normal built-up wear and tear from multiple customers on this guy. Nope, those balls either get wiped down by hand, or go into the polisher after each customer turns them in.

The rest of us in the ring game (who were not using Kamui Chalk obviously) wanted to strangle this guy, because the balls were skidding like crazy after that. We FORCED him to use either Masters, Blue Diamond, my Russian Magic Chalk, or, gosh, anything but that Kamui stuff. And he didn't play any better or worse after that, either. Talk about a placebo!

I don't care how good this stuff is -- it very quickly (and I mean, VERY quickly) makes a mess on the balls.

Plus, who wants to have to alter their pre-shot routine, to include a "counting regimen" of shots *not* to chalk prior, to avoid "using the Kamui Chalk too much"?

-Sean

LOL. This post, or rather the kind of experience described in the post, should spell the end of the Kamui chalk boomlet. If this chalk causes skids that should be the death knell. Skids are worse than miscues because miscues can be easily prevented by stroking and chalking properly. Not so with skids, which are sort of like an act of God.

Of course, I don't know how much of a boomlet it really is outside AZB. I get out and about and play in two 14.1 leagues and I've only seen one guy using it. I would be very surprised to see any pro using it unless they were paid to, though Earl might try it to go along with the ass weights and his Sears Tower cue.

CrukedStick

Robert's Cues
Silver Member
chalk?

When they find out the percentage of rosin in it they will probably ban it anyway :deadhorse:

pwd72s

recreational banger
Silver Member
LOL Joey...one wag on the stream chat commented that SVB was shooting with a cuetec and using a glove so he should be an easy mark. I just about had coffee out my nose on that one.

LWW

MEMGO5
Silver Member
...a 28 dollar chunk of chalk ...

... the $30 per cube ...

... why not coat it with $25 chalk ...

... $30 for a single piece of chalk ...

... spend 28 dollars so that they dont have chalk as much ...

... the 28 Buck Price ...

516.gif
516.gif
516.gif
516.gif
516.gif
516.gif
516.gif
516.gif
516.gif
516.gif

I know that not everyone I quoted endorses this snake oil ... but I can't help but LMFAO every time I read about $27.95 for a single cube of chalk.

I tried the stuff once for free at AIRWAY BILLIARDS ... a guy swore he had moved from an APA 4 to an APA 6 just because of the chalk ... and came to the conclusion that KAMUI is simply chalk.

If anyone wants to toss away money for it ... well, this is America, but the same $27.95 will buy a cube of MASTERS and 7 hours of table time.

My guess is that practice will pay off better than KAMUI.

Last edited: