No Statement from the ABP about the US Open?

mosconiac

Job+Wife+Child=No Stroke
Silver Member
When BB & Shannon issued their statement saying resolution had been found, I suggested *assuming the ABP was still looking at AZB* that they update their website to reflect the change. That would be the "professional" thing for the Association Billiard Professionals to do. I guess I was wrong.

I am glad they came to resolution. I'm sure the ABP will update their website to reflect that resolution.

Hopefully the ABP will speak loudly of the success of both parties to obtain a reasonable solution...given that they came out with guns a blazing.

It would be pretty lame to slink away & not say anything given their extreme behavior at the outset of this fracas.
The ABP website still says the aren't going. Should take a minute to update their stuff.

MahnaMahna

Beefcake. BEEFCAKE!!
Silver Member
Apparently the ABP didn't show their ass quite enough during the boycott, so here here is some more unprofessional BS for ya......

These guys are idiots. The attorney representing them is an idiot. Any association who represents themselves this way deserves one thing: to fail miserably.

Please oh nut swinging ABP advocates, explain this one to all of us.....

iusedtoberich

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I haven't seen a website with a black background and white text since the world wide web was invented in 1992 or 1993. Lol

joelpope

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
confused

I thought the last press release I saw about a month or so ago said that all was healed, (the BCA was stepping in to collect entry fees and money added), came from both Barry & the ABP... I'm pretty sure I read it that way

if the ABP hasn't updated their web site, that is not too cool on their part

Scott Lee

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
MahnaMahna...I will beg to differ with you, that the attorney is an idiot. Quite the contrary. Dennis Walsh, aka dgwalsh here, is extremely knowledgable, and does tons of good things for pool. Please don't catagorize him with the ABP pro players...most of which wouldn't know which end of a computer to turn on. The last notice from the ABP stated that they felt their "demands" had been met...at least enough to allow them to show up in force at the Open in Oct. The fact that they have not updated their web site is not necessarily reflective of their intent. Dennis, btw, has no influence on the web site.

Scott Lee
www.poolknowledge.com

Apparently the ABP didn't show their ass quite enough during the boycott, so here here is some more unprofessional BS for ya......

These guys are idiots. The attorney representing them is an idiot. Any association who represents themselves this way deserves one thing: to fail miserably.

Please oh nut swinging ABP advocates, explain this one to all of us.....

iusedtoberich

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
If someone with a good name lends it to a completely unorganized group, he should fully expect people to call him an idiot.

MahnaMahna

Beefcake. BEEFCAKE!!
Silver Member
I bet Dennis is a great guy. Maybe he was not an idiot before this. Maybe he won't be an idiot after this. But anyone who thinks it was a good business decision to keep representing this association after all of the drama is not exhibiting a high level of intelligence.

He categorized himself with the ABP, I doubt they held a gun to his head.

Not updating the website may not reflect their intent, but it sure reflects their unprofessional foolishness.

MahnaMahna...I will beg to differ with you, that the attorney is an idiot. Quite the contrary. Dennis Walsh, aka dgwalsh here, is extremely knowledgable, and does tons of good things for pool. Please don't catagorize him with the ABP pro players...most of which wouldn't know which end of a computer to turn on. The last notice from the ABP stated that they felt their "demands" had been met...at least enough to allow them to show up in force at the Open in Oct. The fact that they have not updated their web site is not necessarily reflective of their intent. Dennis, btw, has no influence on the web site.

Scott Lee
www.poolknowledge.com

elvicash

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Dennis dmgwalsh is a great guy who is also a pool nut. He represents the ABP and as many people know a lawyer gives advice the client either a single person or a group does what they want and uses that advice however they want. I expect someone has not gotten around to changing the website yet, I believe th ebetter part of the ABP players will be playing the US Open. I hope Barry has a great turnout.

Dennis, Johnny Archer, any pro a part of the ABP please be aware that some of the AZ viewers are worried about you and the US Open, if you get a chance fix your website.

Blue Hog ridr

World Famous Fisherman.
Silver Member
Dewey, Cheatem and Howe. I believe that they represented my ex wife at some time. It took a few years for my bum to stop hurting.

Mahna, you do get to the point sometimes, I like that. Made me have a good laugh this aft.

The entire issue looks like it is still a mess. It would seem that Barry has done his part in accepting the ABPs requests and they have not had the decency to reciprocate the same.

Looks that in essence that they are loosely put together and they don't have their priorities in order as much as they would like others to believe.
I think they will end up causing more problems for their membership than good and it will be inevitable that the membership will come to realize this in the very near future and they will bale like rats off a sinking ship.

If you read their web page, it is plain to see that they are still dwelling in the past. Now, if SVB and Mika are still owed money, that fine. In the long run, you will not allow yourselves to move forward for the betterment of their organization and pool if they
are in the mind set of dwelling on past mistakes and not allowing water under the bridge to keep flowing, they will stagnate.

Anyway, in the long run, I highly doubt that Barry needs them in order to still produce a great tourney in September.

Last edited:

dmgwalsh

Straight Pool Fanatic
Silver Member
No Good Deed Goes Unpunished

The ABP and Barry came to an agreement some time ago. It was reported on AZB and in fact, the actual agreement was quoted. There have been press releases regarding the lifting of the ban and the part the BCA took in helping broker the deal.

With a little luck, I will be able to find the time in my busy pro bono schedule to draft a press release tomorrow so that inquiring minds like yours will have more grist for your mill.

If it is ok with you, I am leaving now to enjoy my straight pool league match.

Luxury

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I bet it would take less than one minute for anyone with access to at least log in to the web site and delete the negative crap off the abp website.

Luxury

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Fatboy doesn't talk to JA about pool related issues.... remember????

I remember him posting about that quite a few times but then the Willie Mosconi thread happened where Fatboy said they were arguing about how long it took to set the high run record.

MahnaMahna

Beefcake. BEEFCAKE!!
Silver Member
I remember him posting about that quite a few times but then the Willie Mosconi thread happened where Fatboy said they were arguing about how long it took to set the high run record.

Maybe we will get real lucky and he can start another thread complaining about people not reading threads before they post, right after he responded to a post in a thread that he did not read.