Is Schmidt's and charlie 626 Legit

Status
Not open for further replies.

Texas Carom Club

9ball did to billiards what hiphop did to america
Silver Member
Go ahead and have your joke. Your Mother, had hers.Now, That's F_U_N_N_YHa:grin-square:Ha:grin-square:Ha:grin-square:

Not near as funny as your butt hurt pitty party session, the online live diary of a mental breakdown

Please continue
you have the floor

:grin::grin:

Texas Carom Club

9ball did to billiards what hiphop did to america
Silver Member
I'd be glad to show you what butthurt is you psychiatric escapee. You'd have a hard time getting those avatar balls out of yours, since you don't know what else to do with them. Don't even need the floor. Have at it turkey. :):)

I actually dont swing that way :)
But dont feel soo bad your not the first ive had to let down

Dan Harriman

One of the best in 14.1
Silver Member
a claim ain't sheet

So once a “record” or “claim” is made, Danny, everyone should respect those circumstances and toss hands up saying “we respect your record and will not try to best it”?
Who exactly should (we) protect that sports history from or for, Danny?
The guys that have no courage or talent to try their hand at the same exhibition or feat or whatever you want to call it?

How many excuses do you really need, Danny?

You said: “I do not have access to any 4x8's so I doubt I will ever make a legitimate attempt at surpassing it, I mostly practice on 10' table”.

Really? You never had nor will have access to a 4x8 table? And you never really considered what the Mosconi 526 record was achieved ON? Really, Danny? Those are lame comments even by your standards. But you have access to a 10’er.

What else you got?

You know as well as I - there is no real definitive proof that Mosconi's 526 has even been surpassed or as you stated 'bested' - false narrrative. When you asked just who exactly should (we) protect sports history from? Well u certainly don't protect it from public eyes. I'm sure Nuthin up yer sleeve eh - but i see yer fool of b.s. to the umteenth' degree. Sports history - is not a weapon as u seem to describe above? It's History, sports accomplishments do not have to be politicly motivated when there is an established standard. I can assure u that a 9 ft table is much easier and it is not fair to Mosconi's - his was an 8ft table - and well documented Sports History fact. So the 9' compared to an 8' oh whats a foot hear and there among rodents - no where near an exact standard - and what the bca gang are trying to see what they can get away with here - is wrong! The general public know it - and deserve to not be excluded from what is only a claim - without evidence.
Bullies will always fail - when faced with a formidable opponent. Also a "record" is different than a "claim" - so please don't try to convolude the two different words - but yea yer a con alright - go play yer velude' somewhere else unless u have definitive evidence. Did I spell convoluted correctly?

Last edited:

AtLarge

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Posted on AzB by John Schmidt in 2009:

• "for the record i think 14.1 on the bartable is easier than 9ft.

you can reach allbreakballs,combos and shots are a joke etc.

yes its more confined space but with the cueball control ive learned from 14.1 thats the last thing im worried about.

for the record the easiest table to play 14.1 is a 4x8 .ive played on them all and its the easiest no doubt. enough room to play but still easier on shotmaking,reaching,combos than 9ft."

AtLarge

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
This has been discussed many times before. Search for posts by me that contain the word "caras" to find some of the previous threads.

I have played many, many hours on both sizes. 8-foot tables are easier.

DynoDan

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Diamonds are capable of doing this. But you loose your turn.

Never happens to me with Diamond leather pockets. Mostly on GCs with plastic pockets. Regardless, while we may sit & seethe when this happens, how many of us actually remember to not hit another shot quite so hard into THAT specific pocket again? Just part of how the best players are the ones who adjust well to conditions.

ShootingArts

Smorg is giving St Peter the 7!
Gold Member
Silver Member
got me on a leather pocket

Never happens to me with Diamond leather pockets. Mostly on GCs with plastic pockets. Regardless, while we may sit & seethe when this happens, how many of us actually remember to not hit another shot quite so hard into THAT specific pocket again? Just part of how the best players are the ones who adjust well to conditions.

No memory of the brand of table now. Three balls from perfect on a snooker table. I drilled the five ball dead center into a side pocket from it's normal spot center of the table and got perfect on the six and seven. I walked around to shoot the six and had even put my bridge hand down before I saw the five ball about a foot from my bridge hand back on the table after going down into the pocket. It hit bottom and came back up. I think the most brutal end to a run I have ever had. Moved away from snooker tables soon after and never did get a 147.

Hu

logical

Loose Rack
Silver Member
You know as well as I - there is no real definitive proof that Mosconi's 526 has.....

has happened? Is that the word you meant? Because by the looney tune rules of pool records you and magnetic hand radar boy keep inventing the Mosconi run is nothing more than a rumor.

Sent from the future.

DynoDan

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
No memory of the brand of table now. Three balls from perfect on a snooker table. I drilled the five ball dead center into a side pocket from it's normal spot center of the table and got perfect on the six and seven. I walked around to shoot the six and had even put my bridge hand down before I saw the five ball about a foot from my bridge hand back on the table after going down into the pocket. It hit bottom and came back up. I think the most brutal end to a run I have ever had. Moved away from snooker tables soon after and never did get a 147.

Hu

One of the reasons I favor ‘ball return’ tables. Balls seldom come back up once they actually go down.
The plastic pocket liners on GCs will spit balls directly back at you, and on GC drop tables they go down and then spin back up & out (unless you forget to empty them, then of course they bounce off the previously pocketed ones). The general exception (like the previous thread re: ‘snooker scratch’) is when they go in airborne and bounce back from the top/rail edge.

Black-Balled

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Obviously more deep state pseudo-fact leaked in preperation of the greatest scam ever laid upon the billiards world.

::rotflmao::rolleyes::rotflmao:

yes its more confined space but with the cueball control ive learned from 14.1 thats the last thing im worried about.

for the record the easiest table to play 14.1 is a 4x8 .ive played on them all and its the easiest no doubt. enough room to play but still easier on shotmaking,reaching,combos than 9ft."

SBC

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
John Schmidt worked for a year to do this. Ran 400 plus runs numberous times. He ran 626 and filmed it. His arch nemesis wants to throw shade on him and calls him a liar. I know who I believe.

Black-Balled

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
John Schmidt worked for a year to do this. Ran 400 plus runs numberous times. He ran 626 and filmed it. His arch nemesis wants to throw shade on him and calls him a liar. I know who I believe.

His bias is quite evident, isn't it?

JazzyJeff87

AzB Plutonium Member
Silver Member
I beat this afghani kid one day and felt bad afterwards. He was like 13 or so and was trying to steal my .50 brass. All those little guys were like a pack of hyenas

markjames

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I drilled the five ball dead center into a side pocket from it's normal spot center of the table and got perfect on the six and seven. I walked around to shoot the six and had even put my bridge hand down before I saw the five ball about a foot from my bridge hand back on the table after going down into the pocket. It hit bottom and came back up. I think the most brutal end to a run I have ever had. Moved away from snooker tables soon after and never did get a 147.

Hu

I like what you did here! Never heard them called the five, six, seven.

Bob Jewett

AZB Osmium Member
Staff member
Gold Member
Silver Member
... Moved away from snooker tables soon after and never did get a 147. -- Hu

Some American sets actually have the numbers on the balls. And some American sets have an orange six ball. And many American sets are 2 1/8 instead of 2 1/16.

ShootingArts

Smorg is giving St Peter the 7!
Gold Member
Silver Member
solitary pursuit

I drilled the five ball dead center into a side pocket from it's normal spot center of the table and got perfect on the six and seven. I walked around to shoot the six and had even put my bridge hand down before I saw the five ball about a foot from my bridge hand back on the table after going down into the pocket. It hit bottom and came back up. I think the most brutal end to a run I have ever had. Moved away from snooker tables soon after and never did get a 147.

Hu

Mark,

When I got bored with practice on pool tables I turned to one of the snooker tables in the place. They were used from seven or eight in the morning until noon for golf. After that they were empty. I never started calling them the blue, pink, and black. Never heard anyone else talk about them either. Snooker practice was a solitary pursuit. I occasionally roped in a friend but they knew even less than I did. If I had started penalizing them points and such I never would have gotten them back on the table!

I guess I started calling the balls by point value just because it seemed logical. The reds were reds, everything else was called out by point value to help scoring. I watch more snooker than pool on video. I like the production values and the quality of play. I hear the balls called by color but for me they are still the point value in my mind.

Old habits die hard I guess!

Hu

lfigueroa

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

Mosconi might run 2000 based on the set up conditions and dedication to make high runs.
Fortunately I was fortunate enough to speak to Mosconi more than a few times. I remember talking to him at the BC A trade show around 1988 or 1989 in Tennessee and asked him about his highest run. He told me he knew he ran over 500 about a dozen times and over 600 he thought 3 times so 526 wasn’t his high run. He said he considered the 526 his high run because it was an exhibition with an opponent and a a scheduled event. He said he didn’t count any of the higher runs because he considered them just practice. Since we are talking about breaking Mosconi exhibition run I think the guidelines should be the same. Johns run was NOT an exhibition where people had to get tickets to view his attempts and John set up a special table and conditions for his attempts. Mosconi was only at his exhibition for 1 day only. An unfamiliar table slow cloth standard pockets and 5oz balls also shooting with a house cue converted into a 2 piece cue with a brass joint. For all who say it was a 8ft table so it was easier you are dead wrong. The playing area was 46x92 vs 50x100. That 4x8 inches difference which isn’t much but enough to have more clusters and make less patterns and tougher to make high runs. Anyone that thinks otherwise has never run 100s unless they are trying to twist the truth.

Lou Figueroa

logical

Loose Rack
Silver Member
Practicing the game of pool versus work. Get REAL. It's a game. Most of the pro pool players never have steady jobs/work. Always trying to waylay a non wary pool player for a fast buck to keep from WORKING. Shhhh, slowly, to keep from WORKING. Same for JS, few steady jobs, ever. Practice pool free, provided by parlor owners to aid in attempts to break Mosconi 526, at two locations for about 80 days of a total year spread across two years, 2018 and 2019. Between those 79 playing days that he supposedly WORKED so tirelessly, he took off/relaxed 21 days. Not much of an appetite for WORK, I'd say. Wake up, quit wasting your time posting, send John some bucks, or he may in fact have to consider some real work. :eek: :eek:
You have officially run out of even the weakest nonsense. You are not hurting JS at all now if you ever were at all. With every post you just dig deeper in a hole. Time to stop digging and accept that you got nothin'. (see how I got all folksy and dropped the g off nothing like you and your understudy do?)

Sent from the future.

Status
Not open for further replies.