I am Retired

Wedge

WO Wedge Lock
Silver Member
From work that is...forever...it's like getting out of High School today for a summer vacation that doesn't end! Just gonna play pool everyday...I'm Back...tap...tap...tap!!!

Wedge

justadub

Rattling corners nightly
Silver Member
Congratulations.

Tis a dream that I fear I shall not share, sigh.

Enjoy

Cuebuddy

Mini cues
Silver Member
CONGRATS!!!
I can only dream about retirment. With two in college and two more needing to go I will retire when I die;).

Enjoy the never ending weekend:thumbup:

Mr. Wiggles

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Saturday!!!!

From work that is...forever...it's like getting out of High School today for a summer vacation that doesn't end! Just gonna play pool everyday...I'm Back...tap...tap...tap!!!

Wedge

We work all our lives living for weekends off so we can do our thing, whatever that may be. Now that your done with that work thing you can enjoy life even more. EVERYDAY IS SATURDAY!! Play pool, fish, hunt and don't forget those naps! Enjoy your retirement.

Ghosst

Broom Handle Mafia
Silver Member
You lucky sonamab... I mean, hey, hard work pays off. Yeah, that's what I really meant. Honest.

Wedge

WO Wedge Lock
Silver Member
I owe a lot to.....

When I got out of the Army 27 years ago I started working for the company I just retired from. My first civilian boss told me "If you do one thing start putting 10% of your salary into the company 401K program...they match 5% for retirement". Sure glad I listened to that guy!!!

For you young guys starting out I would offer the same advise!!!

RRfireblade

Grammer Are For Stupids
Silver Member
Enjoy it no doubt !! But pace yourself and keep busy.

Even as a kid summer got boring by the end. ;)

I guess that's why I'm back in college in my 40s. You can only play so much golf, tennis, pool (in my case) etc.

macguy

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

Wedge
Congrats, I hope you have done it early enough to enjoy it. That is the paradox, people work all their lives to retire, then are too old or sick to even enjoy it.

brandoncook26

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
When I got out of the Army 27 years ago I started working for the company I just retired from. My first civilian boss told me "If you do one thing start putting 10% of your salary into the company 401K program...they match 5% for retirement". Sure glad I listened to that guy!!!

Great advice. The hospital I work for now matches 10% for the 5% you put in. It is especially rare to see a company matching 200% of what you put in. I feel fortunate everytime I see my account statement.

stutz

did you call that?
Silver Member
stay active with some sort of physical workout. Golf, walking etc

When my father retired as a letter carrier, he had some of the strongest legs I've ever seen on a man in his late 50's early 60's. A couple of years after his retirement, he seemed to loose his desire to do anything physical. His health worsened over the years. When he passed 5 years ago he was very out of shape.

mrmagoo42

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Good to hear when planning pays off! Right behind you by a couple years. Like to own a 5 table room to keep me active. Good luck!

beetle

Do I bug you?
Silver Member
Congrats! I hope to retire in 3 years. I'll be 50 years old. I've been putting my maximum into my TSP for the last 17 years. I'll probably look for something for half time, but nothing essential. See you on the tournament trail!.

bflgvs

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

Great advice and glad you followed through!

I did the same, well sorta. I didn't put in the max the company allowed but I did start as soon as I was eligible to participate. I never changed my deduct percentages for over 25 years. I did change the fund a few times but I did retire with a good chunk of change.

I've been retired 8 years now and have no complaints other than I work harder now physically than when I was employed.

Enjoy your retirement!!!!!!!!!

GoldCrown

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Congrats and enjoy your life. Everyday is Sat..... And you will know when it's Sunday...no mail.

Last edited:

SpiderWebComm

HelpImBeingOppressed
Silver Member
Your 401k advice is sound...i max mine at 15% ...being a hair tight on cash is worth not working in the future. Working sucks.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2