My take and general review on the 14.1 event

Grady

Pro Player
The just held Straight Pool championship at Comet billiards was wonderful in every way. I give the event an A+. John Leeman performed flawlessly as tournament director. The matches started on time, the equipment was excellent and the play, well, I'm just speechless. I lack proper superlatives
to describe the magnificent performances.
The presence of Accu-stats lended professionalism and class to the contest. I'm sorry that I was only able to do three commentaries but I expect to attend next year and get in more work in the booth.
My play wasn't good and I choose to not make excuses. Maybe next time I'll do better. It was an honor and great pleasure for me to be able to play in this star-studded affair. I thank Charlie Williams and the UPA for accepting my apology and issuing me an invite.
I'm extra proud of Stephan Cohen. He had a great tournament and played marvelously under pressure. You owe it to yourselves, 14.1 lovers to buy the DVDs from Pat because the matches are simply magnificent.

ccn7

Ole Pool Fool
Silver Member
Great to hear a good time was had by all, and especially you . In the booth, on the playing field, doesnt really matter. Your being there will always add to any tournement. Thanks for sharing. And best of luck on your practice.

ps. 1st

yobagua

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Grady you have always been kind to me and generous in your personal behaviour. This post of yours shows the true side of the gentleman you are. I know times have been tough but Champions always come through. I only wish you well and look forward to your prescence at many more events.

JimS

Grandpa & his grand boys.
Silver Member
Grady, your presence would have been yet another reason to be there. I watched every minute I could but sure wish I'd have been there in person. I think you're a class act.

JAM

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Good to see you posting, Grady. Thanks for the report on the 14.1 tournament. :)

APA7

STRAIGHT POOL SUPERMAN
Silver Member
Maybe next time U might B better off commentating than playing. UR commentary isn't bad. :smile::eek:

scttybee

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
what a retarded comment to make even if youre kidding-
grady shows the class to make sure everyone knows it was great event and an apa superman says maybe you shouldnt play?
like i said even if you were joking it shows no class

Jude Rosenstock

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Grady, it was a real pleasure having gotten to meet you! I also had a great time and really look forward to next year's gala. Maybe if we're both there next year, we can do commentary together. I only got in the booth for one match and I learned quickly it's a real art to be able to give an accurate play-by-play AND fill in the dead-time sufficiently.

Big Perm

1pkt 14.1 8 Banks 9 10
Silver Member
Nice post Grady, glad you got the invite and got to spend some time in the booth, sounds like you had a great trip....

mosconiac

Job+Wife+Child=No Stroke
Silver Member
Good to hear that you were able to attend and were impressed with the level of play. It means people are still playing and studying the game, which warms my heart. I'm trying to do my part to keep the game alive, I run a local 14.1 league.

What's your take on Ortmann's back-to-back runs?