Reload this Page World Record High run on tape DVD
Page 1 of 3 1 23

Share Thread Tools Rate Thread
World Record High run on tape DVD
Old
  (#1)
Danny Harriman
One of the best in 14.1
Danny Harriman has a reputation beyond reputeDanny Harriman has a reputation beyond reputeDanny Harriman has a reputation beyond reputeDanny Harriman has a reputation beyond reputeDanny Harriman has a reputation beyond reputeDanny Harriman has a reputation beyond reputeDanny Harriman has a reputation beyond reputeDanny Harriman has a reputation beyond reputeDanny Harriman has a reputation beyond reputeDanny Harriman has a reputation beyond reputeDanny Harriman has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 500

World Record High run on tape DVD - 03-08-2009, 01:46 PM

I just wanted to apolagize to custmcue and anyone else that had to wait an absurd amount of time to get my DVD. My pardner has said he was very busy and realizes he has been a little lax on his punctuality of shipping out the DVD's. Anyone who wants a refund will be reinbursed, again this was not my responsability to ship out the DVD's, I am happy to announce that the 280 ball run is now available once again. We are a very small outfit and not to keen when it comes to business or organizational skills.

So once again I hope there are no hard feelings for the customers who had to wait and wait - I do feel bad about it but what's done is "". I was not even going to tell anyone about the run but my roomate posted it on here and the rest is history. Some posters were a bit harsh I thought about trivial details of our work, I have decided to take a different route on the promotion end of my next DVD instructional project. I have learned that I could probably give away the DVD to people and there would still be some people who would complain. I am a little sensitive to say the least on constructive critics-ism, I do feel confident however that some players did gain something and I do appreciate their kind words as it did take many hours of play and sheer dedication (misspent youth) to get that run I promise.

Last edited by Danny Harriman; 03-08-2009 at 01:49 PM.

Old
  (#2)
Breakball
AzB Silver Member
Breakball has a reputation beyond reputeBreakball has a reputation beyond reputeBreakball has a reputation beyond reputeBreakball has a reputation beyond reputeBreakball has a reputation beyond reputeBreakball has a reputation beyond reputeBreakball has a reputation beyond reputeBreakball has a reputation beyond reputeBreakball has a reputation beyond reputeBreakball has a reputation beyond reputeBreakball has a reputation beyond repute

03-10-2009, 01:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danny Harriman View Post
I just wanted to apolagize to custmcue and anyone else that had to wait an absurd amount of time to get my DVD. My pardner has said he was very busy and realizes he has been a little lax on his punctuality of shipping out the DVD's. Anyone who wants a refund will be reinbursed, again this was not my responsability to ship out the DVD's, I am happy to announce that the 280 ball run is now available once again. We are a very small outfit and not to keen when it comes to business or organizational skills.

So once again I hope there are no hard feelings for the customers who had to wait and wait - I do feel bad about it but what's done is "". I was not even going to tell anyone about the run but my roomate posted it on here and the rest is history. Some posters were a bit harsh I thought about trivial details of our work, I have decided to take a different route on the promotion end of my next DVD instructional project. I have learned that I could probably give away the DVD to people and there would still be some people who would complain. I am a little sensitive to say the least on constructive critics-ism, I do feel confident however that some players did gain something and I do appreciate their kind words as it did take many hours of play and sheer dedication (misspent youth) to get that run I promise.
Mr. Harriman,

I just finished watching a copy of that DVD and, wow, that's some great stuff. Is there any chance of getting a copy? I run Straight Pool Tournaments out here in California and I would like to talk in more detail about some exhibitions. If you don't mind, can you give me a call? If this isn't Mr. Harriman, can somebody pass the word? My phone number and email address is listed below.

Thank you,

Roger Tafoya
breakballpromo@yahoo.com
(714) 299-5432

Old
  (#3)
FSutton
Full Rack Banks only!
FSutton has a reputation beyond reputeFSutton has a reputation beyond reputeFSutton has a reputation beyond reputeFSutton has a reputation beyond reputeFSutton has a reputation beyond reputeFSutton has a reputation beyond reputeFSutton has a reputation beyond reputeFSutton has a reputation beyond reputeFSutton has a reputation beyond reputeFSutton has a reputation beyond reputeFSutton has a reputation beyond repute

03-12-2009, 09:02 AM

Quote:

I'd like a copy of the dvd.how do you go about getting one?

Old
  (#4)
14oneman
Straight, no chaser!
14oneman has a reputation beyond repute14oneman has a reputation beyond repute14oneman has a reputation beyond repute14oneman has a reputation beyond repute14oneman has a reputation beyond repute14oneman has a reputation beyond repute14oneman has a reputation beyond repute14oneman has a reputation beyond repute14oneman has a reputation beyond repute14oneman has a reputation beyond repute14oneman has a reputation beyond repute

03-12-2009, 09:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FSutton View Post
I'd like a copy of the dvd.how do you go about getting one?
I've been wondering that myself. I pm'd Danny quite a while ago, about getting a copy, but he never responded.

"Every time Fats opened his mouth I made money".-Willie Mosconi

Main cue for 14.1: Bill Schick. One-of-a-kind.
Cues for OTHER games: Lucasi L-E28, J&J B/J
Case: Jack Justis custom-3 butt, 6 shaft

hi
Old
  (#5)
john schmidt
AzB Silver Member
john schmidt has a reputation beyond reputejohn schmidt has a reputation beyond reputejohn schmidt has a reputation beyond reputejohn schmidt has a reputation beyond reputejohn schmidt has a reputation beyond reputejohn schmidt has a reputation beyond reputejohn schmidt has a reputation beyond reputejohn schmidt has a reputation beyond reputejohn schmidt has a reputation beyond reputejohn schmidt has a reputation beyond reputejohn schmidt has a reputation beyond repute

hi - 03-12-2009, 11:50 AM

in 04 i ran 282 on film.
many people have seen it as i loaned it out to a few people.

there is a few reasons i never tried to sell it.

one my x-wife is talking to me while im shooting ,some personal stuff etc.
it would be disrespectful to my current girlfriend to sell dvd with xwife in it.
two the angle was not great,and had a friend with his shirt off racking for me ,it looked pretty redneck lol.

anyway danny was smart enough to not have a woman talking to him therefore making it uncomfortable to sell later.if i was a 14.1 player looking to improve im sure dannys video would help them.

furthermore i think my 282 has been beat on video i just cant remember who did it oh well.

at any rate good shooting danny running that many on film is hard ,trust me i know.

Old
  (#6)
Solartje
the Brunswick BUG bit me
Solartje has a reputation beyond reputeSolartje has a reputation beyond reputeSolartje has a reputation beyond reputeSolartje has a reputation beyond reputeSolartje has a reputation beyond reputeSolartje has a reputation beyond reputeSolartje has a reputation beyond reputeSolartje has a reputation beyond reputeSolartje has a reputation beyond reputeSolartje has a reputation beyond reputeSolartje has a reputation beyond repute

03-12-2009, 01:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by john schmidt View Post
in 04 i ran 282 on film.

it would be disrespectful to my current girlfriend to sell dvd with xwife in it.
two the angle was not great,and had a friend with his shirt off racking for me ,it looked pretty redneck lol.

anyway danny was smart enough to not have a woman talking to him therefore making it uncomfortable to sell later.if i was a 14.1 player looking to improve im sure dannys video would help them.

furthermore i think my 282 has been beat on video i just cant remember who did it oh well.

at any rate good shooting danny running that many on film is hard ,trust me i know.
If you can't sell it, maybe you wouldnt mind giving it out for free to some AZB'ers.
I dont mind the naked guy, or the exwife. You can cut the audio off, so we dont hear the personal stuff.

PS I can recommand danny's dvd to anyone !! ive seen it 3 times, (hard to have the TV for myself long enough to watch the DVD). Note to myself: watch the DVD again !!!

J/B cue: BK2 + AIR
play cue: Bob frey fancy bacote SP leather wrap + 314
table: Custom 9ft Diamond pro

practice: 0h to 8h/week poolplayer: for 6 years

John and danny
Old
  (#7)
Ken_4fun
AzB Silver Member
Ken_4fun has a reputation beyond reputeKen_4fun has a reputation beyond reputeKen_4fun has a reputation beyond reputeKen_4fun has a reputation beyond reputeKen_4fun has a reputation beyond reputeKen_4fun has a reputation beyond reputeKen_4fun has a reputation beyond reputeKen_4fun has a reputation beyond reputeKen_4fun has a reputation beyond reputeKen_4fun has a reputation beyond reputeKen_4fun has a reputation beyond repute

John and danny - 03-12-2009, 01:36 PM

Quote:
in 04 i ran 282 on film.

Be great to see the 2 best straight pool players work on one TOGETHER?

Is it too much to ask?

ken

Current cues - Balabushka, Gus Szamboti, Gus Szamboti Hoppe, Schick, Pfd, BHQ Butterfly, Rick Howard Sneaky Pete and Rick Howard J/B.

Cases - Jack Justis, Fellini, Fellini, Fellini, JB Case.

Watchez is the teacher

" Pool was once my passion, then it was my job, and now it is my sentence."

Mark Wilson's Lindenwood University? Soon to be renamed to the Mosconi Cup Breeding Factory - KoolKat9Lives

Old
  (#8)
CreeDo
Fargo Rating 597
CreeDo has a reputation beyond reputeCreeDo has a reputation beyond reputeCreeDo has a reputation beyond reputeCreeDo has a reputation beyond reputeCreeDo has a reputation beyond reputeCreeDo has a reputation beyond reputeCreeDo has a reputation beyond reputeCreeDo has a reputation beyond reputeCreeDo has a reputation beyond reputeCreeDo has a reputation beyond reputeCreeDo has a reputation beyond repute

Send a message via AIM to CreeDo  
03-12-2009, 02:03 PM

How would that work, John just racks for Danny for a couple of hours? I think at some point Danny would say john slugged him and john would call him a p*ssy and then there'd be a fistfight. They'd sell thousands lol.

It'd be kind of interesting to see a 'scotch doubles' high run with mics on both players to hear them explain/complain about shot selection and leaves.

Danny thanks for the apology but I paid for DVD.
Old
  (#9)
PETARD
AzB Silver Member
PETARD has a reputation beyond reputePETARD has a reputation beyond reputePETARD has a reputation beyond reputePETARD has a reputation beyond reputePETARD has a reputation beyond reputePETARD has a reputation beyond reputePETARD has a reputation beyond reputePETARD has a reputation beyond reputePETARD has a reputation beyond reputePETARD has a reputation beyond reputePETARD has a reputation beyond repute

Thumbs up Danny thanks for the apology but I paid for DVD. - 03-12-2009, 03:45 PM

Quote:

Danny, several people have paid via Pay Pal and sent me receipts to pursue receivng the DVD or a refund. I personally prefer the dvd to the money as do the others who have sent their receipts to me. Will you be at Valley Forge? When I asked you at the DCC for the tape, you indicated you had the master. Why not make some copies and provide them to me for each receipt I produce and then sell them there? I will even mail the dvd to the paid customers now feeling cheated. We are not against you but want to get what we paid for; I bought your 182 ball run from you at dcc and loved it; I buy many dvd's and will be your customer until I croak but not if I don't get what I (we) paid for.

Thanks for sharing your talent;

collectionguru@gmail.com

Old
  (#10)
easy-e
AzB Silver Member
easy-e has a reputation beyond reputeeasy-e has a reputation beyond reputeeasy-e has a reputation beyond reputeeasy-e has a reputation beyond reputeeasy-e has a reputation beyond reputeeasy-e has a reputation beyond reputeeasy-e has a reputation beyond reputeeasy-e has a reputation beyond reputeeasy-e has a reputation beyond reputeeasy-e has a reputation beyond reputeeasy-e has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 25

03-13-2009, 05:43 AM

Quote:
in 04 i ran 282 on film.

So 280 is not the "World Record"? Good shooting John!

Old
  (#11)
Ken_4fun
AzB Silver Member
Ken_4fun has a reputation beyond reputeKen_4fun has a reputation beyond reputeKen_4fun has a reputation beyond reputeKen_4fun has a reputation beyond reputeKen_4fun has a reputation beyond reputeKen_4fun has a reputation beyond reputeKen_4fun has a reputation beyond reputeKen_4fun has a reputation beyond reputeKen_4fun has a reputation beyond reputeKen_4fun has a reputation beyond reputeKen_4fun has a reputation beyond repute

03-13-2009, 07:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CreeDo View Post
It'd be kind of interesting to see a 'scotch doubles' high run with mics on both players to hear them explain/complain about shot selection and leaves.

Thats what I had in mind. A "talking, explaining," tape. But still playing. I understand it might take them out of rhythm a little but, try to get what they are looking at and when.

Example, " I have a problem with these two balls but I am going to break them a little later with this 5 ball later in the rack."

or

"I have no breakout ball, so I have to make one,"

IMO they really have an opportunity to do alot for 14.1, they are equal (IMO) in skills, each have their quirks, have a passion for the game, and how they play would and could be like anything that is done at extremely high level.....breathtaking.

I look at both of them and roll my eyes, another loss of opportinity for pool.

JMO

Ken

Current cues - Balabushka, Gus Szamboti, Gus Szamboti Hoppe, Schick, Pfd, BHQ Butterfly, Rick Howard Sneaky Pete and Rick Howard J/B.

Cases - Jack Justis, Fellini, Fellini, Fellini, JB Case.

Watchez is the teacher

" Pool was once my passion, then it was my job, and now it is my sentence."

Mark Wilson's Lindenwood University? Soon to be renamed to the Mosconi Cup Breeding Factory - KoolKat9Lives

Last edited by Ken_4fun; 03-13-2009 at 07:47 AM.

The DVD was excellent !
Old
  (#12)
PALMERJOHN
AzB Silver Member
PALMERJOHN is a name known to allPALMERJOHN is a name known to allPALMERJOHN is a name known to allPALMERJOHN is a name known to allPALMERJOHN is a name known to allPALMERJOHN is a name known to all

The DVD was excellent ! - 03-13-2009, 11:27 AM

Hey Danny, I watched the DVD and think it is the best instructional / high
run video I have ever seen. I know you received "Hell" for it, but please
don't stop doing these kinds of things. You are truely a gifted straight pool
player. Me and and all of us here at D&D billiards (Downingtown Pa.) applaud
your effort on your videos. John D.

Old
  (#13)
Williebetmore
Member, .25% Club
Williebetmore has a reputation beyond reputeWilliebetmore has a reputation beyond reputeWilliebetmore has a reputation beyond reputeWilliebetmore has a reputation beyond reputeWilliebetmore has a reputation beyond reputeWilliebetmore has a reputation beyond reputeWilliebetmore has a reputation beyond reputeWilliebetmore has a reputation beyond reputeWilliebetmore has a reputation beyond reputeWilliebetmore has a reputation beyond reputeWilliebetmore has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 583

03-13-2009, 04:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken_4fun View Post
Thats what I had in mind. A "talking, explaining," tape. But still playing. I understand it might take them out of rhythm a little but, try to get what they are looking at and when.

Example, " I have a problem with these two balls but I am going to break them a little later with this 5 ball later in the rack."

or

"I have no breakout ball, so I have to make one,"

IMO they really have an opportunity to do alot for 14.1, they are equal (IMO) in skills, each have their quirks, have a passion for the game, and how they play would and could be like anything that is done at extremely high level.....breathtaking.

I look at both of them and roll my eyes, another loss of opportinity for pool.

JMO

Ken

Ken,
In my view, it would be great to see a couple of old school players do this - get Grady and Danny D. together and you would be amazed at the way they dissect the racks. Danny H. and John S. shoot way too good for me to attempt to emulate; I would love to see how the old schoolers get through the racks with more limited shotmaking ability.

Mark Wilson will be visiting Betmore's Basement on Monday for a couple of days; we almost always have a session of Scotch doubles straight pool (he does the talking, I do the listening). He is another of those true, old school, student's of the game (not intending any criticism of John/DannyH - I've never had sessions with them to determine the depth of their "old school" knowledge; I'm not sure I can determine it from the few times I've seen them play)....I'm suspicious that it is quite good.

Old
  (#14)
LoGiC
AzB Silver Member
LoGiC has a reputation beyond reputeLoGiC has a reputation beyond reputeLoGiC has a reputation beyond reputeLoGiC has a reputation beyond reputeLoGiC has a reputation beyond reputeLoGiC has a reputation beyond reputeLoGiC has a reputation beyond reputeLoGiC has a reputation beyond reputeLoGiC has a reputation beyond reputeLoGiC has a reputation beyond reputeLoGiC has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 1000

03-13-2009, 06:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken_4fun View Post
Be great to see the 2 best straight pool players work on one TOGETHER?

Is it too much to ask?

ken
I'm thinking that would be one hilarious audio.

mr. 400; I don't care about wife stuff; i am use to it!!
Old
  (#15)
PETARD
AzB Silver Member
PETARD has a reputation beyond reputePETARD has a reputation beyond reputePETARD has a reputation beyond reputePETARD has a reputation beyond reputePETARD has a reputation beyond reputePETARD has a reputation beyond reputePETARD has a reputation beyond reputePETARD has a reputation beyond reputePETARD has a reputation beyond reputePETARD has a reputation beyond reputePETARD has a reputation beyond repute

mr. 400; I don't care about wife stuff; i am use to it!! - 03-13-2009, 09:42 PM

[QUOTE=john schmidt;1711670]in 04 i ran 282 on film.

================================================== =====

John, as "Ro" yells at me all the time; don't need to hear it anymore than Ra- - - - - does. Will you sell without the sound? I dig men with skin showing!!!!!!!! John Rousseu

Page 1 of 3 1 23

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: