The Cobra bites again......

Tony_in_MD

You want some of this?
Silver Member
First and only table in the state of Maryland was just completed by Glen "Real King Cobra" Hancock

Pics to follow.

First the attack cats Yueng and Ling are guarding the Dr. Pepper.

DSC_2122.jpg

realkingcobra

Silver Member
Where were them killer cats at when them two brat kids ran off with my Dr. Pepper sitting on the back of my truck?:D

Tony_in_MD

You want some of this?
Silver Member
Table Work

Four whirlwind days watching a true master at work. From Wednesday to Saturday Glen not only resurrected a dieing Gold Crown but I made a great friend.

I have seen first hand what professional work is on a table redo.

The specs are now, Artimus rails, with the subrails tuned with Glens tooling for perfect play. Simonis 860 HR cloth, pockets at 4.5. I won't get into the pocket angles cause I will end up misspeaking something. Glen can chime in with the specs if he desires.

All I know is this table plays now like it should have played it's entire life. I asked him if a customer ever cried at the end of the job.:embarrassed2:

Here are some more pics:

DSC_2048-Copy.jpg

DSC_2058-Copy.jpg

DSC_2097.jpg

DSC_2106.jpg

I will take some finish pictures tonight.

Black-Balled

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Nice. Great weather too. Sorry about the Dr. Pepper, that cat on the R)looks mean...but I bet mine is meaner.

GoldCrown

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Thanks for posting. Happiness is a GoldCrown redo.
Can we start a "Show Your Gold Crown" thread?

Doc Holliday

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
So when can Jon and I come over? jk havent seen you at any tavern tournaments on saturdays, with a table that nice I wouldnt go out either! Anyway, we will probobly see ya next week at the open, take care. Lets see some finished pics of that table!

Brady

Tony_in_MD

You want some of this?
Silver Member
Y'all can come over any time you like. I won't be at the open this year as I have a huge hole in my roof from Irene.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk.

Kickin' Chicken

Kick Shot Aficionado
Silver Member
Let me see if I have this straight...

You still have a huge hole in your roof from Hurricane Irene?

But you just had your pool table redone by RKC.

A man with his priorities in order. :thumbup:

Best,
Brian kc

Tony_in_MD

You want some of this?
Silver Member
Yep, the Bar and the table were not touched and they are the only things keeping me sane now.

Seriously, I have been running into problems with contractors and insurance companies. Hopefully we will get started with the repairs soon.

I was on RKC's list for 3 years, basically it was now or never.

Let me see if I have this straight...

You still have a huge hole in your roof from Hurricane Irene?

But you just had your pool table redone by RKC.

A man with his priorities in order. :thumbup:

Best,
Brian kc

mikeyfrost

Socially Aware
Silver Member
The cloth stretch is the most impressive thing IMO. No normal man is supposed to be that strong. Hope you like the table, he does some real thorough work.

Tony_in_MD

You want some of this?
Silver Member
Yes he can sure stretch that cloth, those Dr. Peppers sure help.

His leveling system is the nuts too.

The cloth stretch is the most impressive thing IMO. No normal man is supposed to be that strong. Hope you like the table, he does some real thorough work.

realkingcobra

Silver Member
Doing the work on your table Tony took some of the pressure off me for the NE area, as you were one of the few left on my list of friends to meet, and tables to work out, if only it didn't take about 3 years to get to you:thumbup:...but if you'll remember, I did tell you....I'd be there in a few weeks...more than once:rotflmao1: But, I have to say, your table is the first table I've ever recalibrated the rails on standing in a ditch on the side of the road...you didn't even have a sidewalk to work on buddy:D Hope you have all the fun playing on it that you deserve, for having to wait so long. Now, I have to get Ian his table up to him in Canada, just a few more jobs left on this run to get through, and it's Ian's turn. In Virginia right now, have a few customers/friends here to meet up with too:D

Glen

RunoutJJ

Professional Banger
Silver Member
You having anybody up to play on this beast?? Im not that far away and would love to play on a corbaized table :grin-devilish:

realkingcobra

Silver Member

Mike, hope you're having fun on your Diamond buddy, cloth tightened up then pockets a little bit more yet? I'll be back in Houston next month at Deep Pockets doing some work on the Diamond's there, if I have a chance I'll swing by your place and fine tune the level of your table as it should be use to the room it's in by then.

Glen