•PLAYERS: Send U.S. Open entry fees to BCA

Island Drive

Otto/Dads College Roommate/Cleveland Browns
Silver Member
This is a good thing, while working at the BCA during its move to Colorado Springs, it didn't take long for that current board of directors to completely distance itself and delete the player program side of the office, seems like there mindset has changed/hopefully/permanently. With the business talent amongst the BCA board members, if they utilize it wisely, ALLOT of good can happen for the game.
Rob....your foots in the door now on the play side. I hope at the BCA quartely meetings, they choose to get involved in the play side just a little bit more each year.:thumbup:
 
This is a good thing, while working at the BCA during its move to Colorado Springs, it didn't take long for that current board of directors to completely distance itself and delete the player program side of the office, seems like there mindset has changed/hopefully/permanently. With the business talent amongst the BCA board members, if they utilize it wisely, ALLOT of good can happen for the game.
Rob....your foots in the door now on the play side. I hope at the BCA quartely meetings, they choose to get involved in the play side just a little bit more each year.:thumbup:

So, just to clarify: Anyone wanting to play in the U.S. OPen 9 Ball Championships, should send in their entry fee money to the BCA.

Can someone provide a link or address for where this information can be obtained?
 
So, just to clarify: Anyone wanting to play in the U.S. OPen 9 Ball Championships, should send in their entry fee money to the BCA.

Can someone provide a link or address for where this information can be obtained?

I'd go directly to the BCA website for answers and contact Rob Johnson if needed.
 
Well, there is zilch that I could find on the BCA homepage about the US Open or their involvement in taking entry fees. Using the search function and entering US Open or US Open 9 Ball yielded nothing regarding this year's Open.
 
Well, there is zilch that I could find on the BCA homepage about the US Open or their involvement in taking entry fees. Using the search function and entering US Open or US Open 9 Ball yielded nothing regarding this year's Open.

Not surprising, I'd still contact Rob Johnson. I don't think AZ would of posted this on their front page if it wasn't valid.
 
Not surprising, I'd still contact Rob Johnson. I don't think AZ would of posted this on their front page if it wasn't valid.

Yeah, it's weird is all but I don't think it's untrue. IIRC the BCA actually put out a press release about their willingness to help settle the dispute and I think the ABP and Barry both issued statements that mentioned the BCA. You'd just think they would make it easy on their website to enter through them or at least have some sort of info about it on the home page.

It's just typical of pro pool. While most other sports have the marketing thing down it seems in pool we are always scrounging to get info about even a major event, including threads on here with a bunch of people all trying to find the stream or brackets to one tourney or another.
 
Last edited:
The instructions to send the money to the BCA are on the US Open web page.

http://www.usopen9ballchampionships.com/players.php

Credit card info will be added soon.

Rob Johnson worked hard to help effect an agreement between the ABP and Barry Behrman and should be commended for his hard work.

Well, I am impressed that you know how to use the word "effect" as a verb. ;)

Maybe someone of your caliber should get involved with the dissemination of the press releases, as this may help to provide more inclusive information to the public. :smile:
 
I've got one important question...

JAM;

Is that a Joe Namath jersey you're sporting in your current avatar?

If it is, then that picture must be from '69 / '70 at the height of his huge popularity, having just won the Superbowl.

I remember him in his long fur coat doing a Corvette commercial on tv and that image became burned into my memory. He was a real cool cat but that year stingray was the absolutely best thing ever to me. Took me all these years but I finally have one in the garage. :smile: Thanks, Joe Willie! :thumbup:

And, oh yeah, thanks to Misters Johnson, Walsh, and everyone else who helped to sort out the US Open. I may finally be going to my first one this year.

Best,
Brian kc
 
JAM;

Is that a Joe Namath jersey you're sporting in your current avatar?

If it is, then that picture must be from '69 / '70 at the height of his huge popularity, having just won the Superbowl.

I remember him in his long fur coat doing a Corvette commercial on tv and that image became burned into my memory. He was a real cool cat but that year stingray was the absolutely best thing ever to me. Took me all these years but I finally have one in the garage. :smile: Thanks, Joe Willie! :thumbup:

And, oh yeah, thanks to Misters Johnson, Walsh, and everyone else who helped to sort out the US Open. I may finally be going to my first one this year.

Best,
Brian kc

Good eye. That is, indeed, a Namath jersey. We met him at an event; thus, why I was wearing it. Plus, I've always been partial to green, i.e., the color of money! ;)
 
Back
Top