2007 AZ Straight Pool Challenge!

TheOne

www.MetroPool.club
Silver Member
6 Months Down!

list updated, let me know if missed anyone not so easy to keep on top of it travelling.

79 entries and 6 months gone, we gonna have any 300s this year?
How many more will break 100?
Will Steve L, JimmyM, or BJ break 200?
WillWIllie ever find a table that isn't tighter than a nuns...err values? :confused:
Will I ever get to play pool again, will US Airways (AKA shisters ever find my lost cues?! :mad: )?

Stay tuned, all will be revealed in the next 6 months folks! :D

Steve Lipsky

On quest for perfect 14.1
Silver Member
118. Since Mr. Riley showed up in NY, he's lit a fire under me. I'm playing with a purpose and a rhythm I haven't had in quite a while.

Thanks Craig! If you stick around a few more months, I know I'd break 200 lol :).

- Steve

TheOne

www.MetroPool.club
Silver Member
Steve Lipsky said:
118. Since Mr. Riley showed up in NY, he's lit a fire under me. I'm playing with a purpose and a rhythm I haven't had in quite a while.

Thanks Craig! If you stick around a few more months, I know I'd break 200 lol :).

- Steve

For those that don't know I played Steve the other day race to 200. I missed an easy ball at about 30 balls and then I only got one half chance at a tricky combo into the side in the next 130 balls, inc a great run of about 90 by Steve. The level dropped a bit after this and we shared the next poinst with steve winning 200 to about 100. Steve then ran 118 yesterday!

Steve played great, hope we can play again this weekend Steve and I'm probably almost as dissapointed as you that you wont be playing this week. I think the true top 14.1 enthusiasts should be in this new world champs first and foremost.

Big Perm

1pkt 14.1 8 Banks 9 10
Silver Member
Actually got to play some straight this weekend, I had a run of 18....at this rate, I might get to 30 by the end of the year :D
Just not that many people that play around here :(
After getting up two games in straight, played one-pocket for three hours...went from running 10+ balls every time at the table to pocketing a ball about every third shot :confused:

Anyway, up to 18....next stop, 100 :p

JamieDoellinger

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
High Run

I am new to the game of 14.1, and instantly became seduced by it.
This past weekend, i played my first 5 sets of 14.1 and my high run (now my career high) is 35.
Not bad for a beginner of the game, and coming back from being away from the table for over 2 months (to enjoy the summer with my kids).

TheOne

www.MetroPool.club
Silver Member
Updated, sorry about delay was playing in worlds and travelling home.

Welcome Mr Alex L! :)

pooladdict

no doubt about it
Silver Member
This year i have hardly played any straight pool at all, but decided to give it a go, and played a short race to 100 today.

Ran 76, broke the pack open, but the white ended up very funny.

I had the options of either go for a difficult cross bank to the center pocket or try a jump shot.

Since I would have used the jump stick to make ball nr 77, I knew that my new expected high run of 783 would never be approved as a new world record by the very much respected 14-1 purists Blackjack and sjm. ;)

I therefore decided to go for the more difficult cross bank, and missed.

Oh well, at least I am on the list now.

TheOne

www.MetroPool.club
Silver Member
Lots of updates added, sorry about the delay but back in reality now and back to work sadly!

Well done everyone.

Solartje

the Brunswick BUG bit me
Silver Member
made a 27 this summer during my vacation with a sticky housecue, a short and slippers. (15/07/07)

my table is almost finished, so starting from then ill be playing LOADS of 14-1, recording everything and ill be posting a good break before the end of this year. (good = +30 :p )

AZE

DeucesCracked Instructor
Silver Member
Ran 29 a few months back in my first straight pool game for money :)

Blackjack

Illuminati Blacksmack
Silver Member
Finally . . .

FINALLY....

Blackjack has come back ....

to the land of triple digits!

Ran 128 today - it wasn't a pretty 128 - but damn it felt so good to get past the 7th rack again!

I also had a very interesting and exciting break ball - I will diagram it later on... My heart stopped when I made that shot.

Tom In Cincy

AKA SactownTom
Silver Member
Spent a life time trying to bust 50

Blackjack said:
FINALLY....

Blackjack has come back ....

to the land of triple digits!

Ran 128 today - it wasn't a pretty 128 - but damn it felt so good to get past the 7th rack again!

I also had a very interesting and exciting break ball - I will diagram it later on... My heart stopped when I made that shot.

Gongrats David. Well done and like they say.. .the uglist 128 is still Wonderful

my high run is 47

Jimmy M.

Insomniac
Silver Member
I increased my 133 by 10 a couple days ago. When I got through the 10th rack I thought I might never miss ... then I ran 3 more balls. Hah!

Blackjack

Illuminati Blacksmack
Silver Member
Jimmy M. said:
I increased my 133 by 10 a couple days ago. When I got through the 10th rack I thought I might never miss ... then I ran 3 more balls. Hah!

ROTFLMAO!

Jimmy, I did the same thing! After I made the break shot (127) - I look over at my girlfriend and I say ... "I'm finally going to break my high run for the year, which is 141." lol...

After sinking the break ball, I had a wide open table, with the exception of a semi-tough 4-6 combo that was the only cluster ... so I went for it - and it rattled in the jaws. lol... I was pissed because other than that I had a wide open table and a break ball sitting perfectly - I couldn't have placed it in a better spot with my hands.

FWIW, it was good to get back to runningsome high numbers. Since leaving El Paso in April, I have been fighting the sticky tables here in Florida. This is only the second 100+ run I have had since moving back here - I had a 109 back in May.

Here is a diagram of my unbelievable break shot... I was at 112... and came up WAYYYYYYYY short on my position ... and I was left with this...

CueTable Help

I had seen this shot before, but I had never tried it or had the opportunity to try it... the trick is to send the two into the stack and have it deflect back into the corner pocket. When I shot it, the 2 actually leaped off the table and flew into the pocket! I am going to try to set it up again and post in on youtube...

CueTable Help

Big Perm

1pkt 14.1 8 Banks 9 10
Silver Member
Played a little straight this weekend, up to 21 :(

Oh well, will keep trying....

Blackjack, congrats on your run.....good to hear you talk about runs in the 100's, helps one keep the faith :D

Also, nice break shot off the rack, gotta see that one next time you are around :)

Jimmy M.

Insomniac
Silver Member
Hi Blackjack. I've seen that break-shot, but never from that severe of an angle. From the diagram it looks like you were shooting it pretty much straight at the stack.

Steve Lipsky

On quest for perfect 14.1
Silver Member
Hey Craig... got my new contact prescription and immediately ran a 134 :).

Looking forward to being able to see again! Hope all is well, sir.

- Steve

Blackjack

Illuminati Blacksmack
Silver Member
Steve Lipsky said:
Hey Craig... got my new contact prescription and immediately ran a 134 :).

Looking forward to being able to see again! Hope all is well, sir.

- Steve

Nice! My appointment is on the 5th of September! Lookout!