2007 AZ Straight Pool Challenge!

poolshark52

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
yea, that was me

selftaut said:
Hi Pat , I think I remember you, did you come down to North Adams, Mass. back in the early 90's and play with us in the Eastern States 14.1 Tourney? Mike Zuglan won the tourney , I am sure it was you there , you ran 200 in practice!

Kevin Vidal

i remember that place up in the hills!all the tables were different! i played good on only one, the second table in, ran 130 and out. we had a ring game one night that was fun then went to the bar and got drunk! good week end! thanks for remembering!

selftaut

straight pool nut
Silver Member
poolshark52 said:
i remember that place up in the hills!all the tables were different! i played good on only one, the second table in, ran 130 and out. we had a ring game one night that was fun then went to the bar and got drunk! good week end! thanks for remembering!

Yes Pat thats the tourney!! funny I was looking at some pics we took at that tourney some 6 months ago when going thru some old pool stuff and I have a group pic of players and I said to myself "hey there is Pat Howey". Pic of You , Me , Bill Dunsmore , Mike Zuglan , Bob Darigis , and some others , can't remember the rest right now , Jack Callavita and Carlos Viara maybe , wish you well my friend and nice to hear from you!

Kev

Jimmy M.

Insomniac
Silver Member
Steve Lipsky's high run this year can't be 99. Steve, didn't you run one-twenty-or-thirty-something not too long ago? For all I know it's much higher for this year but I sort of remember you posting about a run in the 120's or 130's.

TheOne

www.MetroPool.club
Silver Member
Jimmy M. said:
Steve Lipsky's high run this year can't be 99. Steve, didn't you run one-twenty-or-thirty-something not too long ago? For all I know it's much higher for this year but I sort of remember you posting about a run in the 120's or 130's.

I think he's just treasing us Jimmy, he's gonna run that 200 on Dec 31st for sure!

Can u post a pic of your new table mate, Ive forgotten what a pool table looks like! :(

TheOne

www.MetroPool.club
Silver Member

Attachments

• _DSC06396.JPG
    _DSC06396.JPG
    65 KB · Views: 247

TheOne

www.MetroPool.club
Silver Member
DJKeys said:
Ran a 32 today! Hope I can get to 50 before the end of the year.

Fantastic! That's what this whole thing is about, beating PBs not being top of the heap (oh well maybe but def secondry).

Great to see its getting so many people playing this GREAT game, we might even get 100 runners before the end of the year, and who knows a 300 or 400 high run? :eek:

Updated list, good luck on the 50.

boozebag

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Best run

Just started playing this recently, i managed a run of 59 today, i broke the pack and the white got completely surrounded by balls leaving no shot, is this mostly unlucky or is it a bad shot guys? Also i had a 76 run yesterday but it was on an eight foot table, does this count?

Thanks guys ( I am really enjoying the straight pool)

TheOne

www.MetroPool.club
Silver Member
boozebag said:
Just started playing this recently, i managed a run of 59 today, i broke the pack and the white got completely surrounded by balls leaving no shot, is this mostly unlucky or is it a bad shot guys? Also i had a 76 run yesterday but it was on an eight foot table, does this count?

Thanks guys ( I am really enjoying the straight pool)

Congrats, updated.

I've added the 59 as I can't honestly remember what the consensus was on 8fts? If somebody reminds me I will add the 76, sorry I think I'm getting old the memory is going! :(

Jimmy M.

Insomniac
Silver Member
TheOne said:
Looks awesome mate, gotta be the best table out there, perfect for 14.1.

This is my table currently! :eek:

Looks like a nice room with plenty of open space around the tables. :)

selftaut

straight pool nut
Silver Member
TheOne said:
Congrats, updated.

I've added the 59 as I can't honestly remember what the consensus was on 8fts? If somebody reminds me I will add the 76, sorry I think I'm getting old the memory is going! :(

just to help ya out, yes you have been adding the 8ft scores.

TheOne

www.MetroPool.club
Silver Member
Jimmy M. said:
Looks like a nice room with plenty of open space around the tables. :)

Yes very client friendly :)

Thanks selftaut, added 8ft run, Im insane, its official :)

Flettir

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Just found this today, will start to play 14.1 again and get a score for you soon.
A long time ago when Mike Davis (151) was a teenager I used to play with him. My best at that time was 67 and we would play. His best at that time was 34. I had not talked to him for a very long time and I talked to him early this year and he asked what mine was. I told him I had not play 14.1 in years. He said his best was 151. Looks like I have to go practice to get ahead of him again.
And because he is someone I know so well, he is still my Dark Horse for the upcoming 14.1 championships.

alinco

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Flettir said:
Just found this today, will start to play 14.1 again and get a score for you soon.
A long time ago when Mike Davis (151) was a teenager I used to play with him. My best at that time was 67 and we would play. His best at that time was 34. I had not talked to him for a very long time and I talked to him early this year and he asked what mine was. I told him I had not play 14.1 in years. He said his best was 151. Looks like I have to go practice to get ahead of him again.
And because he is someone I know so well, he is still my Dark Horse for the upcoming 14.1 championships.

Sounds like you last talked with Mike about 3 months ago. He posted a 179 and then a 239 about 5 weeks ago!

shag_fu

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
new high run for myself at 25. I got outta line in the 2nd rack trying to get a good pattern to get to the next break ball. was playin someone else and it was off their break.

hobokenapa

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
It's good to be back, not been here for a while:)

Anyway, just to say I run a 55 in May, so that should move me out of the relegation places :)

Hit Man

<-------GANGSTA'
Silver Member
Hi-Run

This is my third year learning straight pool, before that mostly 8 and 9 ball. on Friday I fell into stroke and ran 96 balls.(personal best prior to that was 52) Part way into my 7th rack after an hour and a half, I had to stop from bad lower back pain. Spent the next day home from work with an ice pack:(