2009 AZ Straight Pool Challenge!

TheOne

www.MetroPool.club
Silver Member
Thanks for letting me off the hook Alinco! :)

I'll try and edit the other lists soon and link them all together again.

JS and Mr Lipsky, I hate you both! :eek: :)

mworkman

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

I got a 71 on 1-9-09. New personal high run also. I must be doing something right, I also won a tournament today, one that I've never been able to get before. 44 and still improving I think. :smile:

Marop

14.1 - real pool
Silver Member
Schmidty is at it again. This is about as sick as it gets. John gets up a 7 AM to ride his dirt bike on some nasty hills. He rides about 4 straight hours and proceeds to hurt his righ knee. He packs up his bike and drives back to my house which is 120 miles away. He arrives in time for us to go to dinner, while were waiting for my wife to get ready for dinner he picks up my cue and with his riding outfit on and no glove he runs 68 before he scratchs.

After we come back from dinner he takes a shower starts complaining about his knee. He says lets try one inning before we go inside and watch some TV. I turn on the camara and can you believe it, 221 on the first try. How sick is that.

Well that was his 12th run over 100 in 3.5 days, average run over 100 is 155, all on video. I'm totally worn out. LOL

Gotta go now, have to take him to the airport at 5:30 in the morning.

Bill

Jason Robichaud

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Marop said:
Schmidty is at it again. This is about as sick as it gets. John gets up a 7 AM to ride his dirt bike on some nasty hills. He rides about 4 straight hours and proceeds to hurt his righ knee. He packs up his bike and drives back to my house which is 120 miles away. He arrives in time for us to go to dinner, while were waiting for my wife to get ready for dinner he picks up my cue and with his riding outfit on and no glove he runs 68 before he scratchs.

After we come back from dinner he takes a shower starts complaining about his knee. He says lets try one inning before we go inside and watch some TV. I turn on the camara and can you believe it, 221 on the first try. How sick is that.

Well that was his 12th run over 100 in 3.5 days, average run over 100 is 155, all on video. I'm totally worn out. LOL

Bill
Sounds like the right person to play if you want to improve your camera skills.

dmgwalsh

Straight Pool Fanatic
Silver Member
Marop said:

Bill

He saved the best for last.:thumbup:

WOW.

An unbelievable exhibition you were able to witness.

I expect that about 6 months down the road, when some of the things he told you and showed you work there way into your game, you'll be raining 100s.

stevekur1

The "COMMISH"
Silver Member
Since you have all of Scmitty's runs on tape, what are you gonna do with them?

VEOH ???????

selftaut

straight pool nut
Silver Member
Marop said:

Bill

Thats sick! Poke him with something to see if blood comes out cause I don't think he is human.

Jason Robichaud

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
No hundreds to report, but I just had my best back to back. 43 and then my new high for the year 57... 4 racks plus the break ball.... finish froze middle pack.

arsenius

Nothing ever registers...
Silver Member
stevekur1 said:
Since you have all of Scmitty's runs on tape, what are you gonna do with them?

VEOH ???????
Marop! Please please please... get on that!

mjantti

Enjoying life
Silver Member
Last year I didn't get on the list (didn't want a below 30 entry :) ... yes, I'm vain). Last Saturday went for a 14.1 tournament, race to 75, played 3 matches, played like crap and still ran 30, 42 and 28 in each match. So put me down for 42 on 10th Jan. This year I think I'll try to play more 14.1... or at least play more :)

Big Perm

1pkt 14.1 8 Banks 9 10
Silver Member

Called in sick from work, felt like death....got bored by about 11, decided to stumble down to the pool hall in an attempt to get out and feel better......played 14.1 a little over an hour, missed so many easy shots, very frustrating....15 was top run.....weak, but at least I got to play some, goal for this year is about 50....

stuckart

Paint Dry Watching Champ
Silver Member
Last night I gave it another go. First attempt failed with a measly 15. I then put together 4 straight racks for a 48. I had a perfect break ball that was going to destroy the rack. Well, I put a little too much mustard on it, skid the ball and rattled it. The Rack broke open like a Fat kid opening a bag of Doritos and I couldn't have any. Ugh!!

I want to see those John Video's.

TheOne

www.MetroPool.club
Silver Member
mjantti said:
Last year I didn't get on the list (didn't want a below 30 entry :) ... yes, I'm vain). Last Saturday went for a 14.1 tournament, race to 75, played 3 matches, played like crap and still ran 30, 42 and 28 in each match. So put me down for 42 on 10th Jan. This year I think I'll try to play more 14.1... or at least play more :)

Are you sure that wasn't a 41? :grin:

Krisz

addicted to pool
Had a strange night yesterday:
Spent most of the week looking forward to playing pool on saturday and then played like shit for about five hours. It seemed like I would never make more than six balls, since there are only six pockets, where they might be hanging...;-)
Then, I suddenly found my game and had (almost) back to back runs of 37 and 44.
So, all in all, I don't feel too bad about yestersay anymore, since I'm not the one to run thirties and forties on a daily basis.

justin.powell

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Ran 32 today playing with my buddy. Had a 39 a few weeks ago but it was still in 2008. Still 32 is okay for me for now...........:grin:

alinco

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
arsenius said:
alinco, why're you ignoring my 22? That hurts, man! Really hurts!

Looks like I missed a few posts on Jan 9th. I better pay closer attention! Feel free to point out any mistakes or missing scores.

Andy

alinco

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Levi said:
I played a match with Ed, D. We both shot pretty bad in the begining but Ed caught a gear in the end and ran a "78" the ending score was 165 - 94.:eek:

Hey Levi! That Ed can catch a gear now and again. We're only listing AZBilliard posters in this challenge for 2009. Did you have any decent runs in the match? I'll post those and you can improve on it later.

The table is all set up now (thanks!) so I'm hoping to get my score up from 35 before long. And on video...hmmm mebbe I should shower first!

Andy