2009 AZ Straight Pool Challenge!

Steve Lipsky

On quest for perfect 14.1
Silver Member
Q. How do you know you're in a bad game?

A. When in your first inning, you run 143 in a game to 150 - and still don't win. ;)

Anyway, put me up for a 143, please.

- Steve

Last edited:

DJKeys

Sound Design
Silver Member
Ran 43 with Help

I had my high run of the year yesterday, 43. However, there were a couple of times that I had to go with side rail break shots. I hit the pack, but did not have anything in the clear. In both those cases, I was lucky enough to have a makeable 3-ball combination/billiard shot, almost the same shot both in both instances. I made the shot and was able to get out of the rack. I wonder how much help is needed to run a hundred if I needed these two pack shots to run 43!

Happy for the good fortune for sure.

Krisz

addicted to pool
Thank You, Blackjack!

I ran a 73 this evening - miscued on a semi-difficult shot, cuz I overheard someone saying I was above 70. Damn brain!

buffalofloyd

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I am in a 14.1 leauge here locally. I had a 51 ball run in November, unfortunately that won't make this list. I also had a 45 ball run on February 10th. I hope this one is good enough to make the list. This is a pretty cool idea :smile:

Jim

.... also, does anyone know what happened to propoolvideo.com?

Last edited:

bud green

Dolley and Django
Silver Member
Ran a 55 but shot a ball into a pocket full of balls and it spit out...how stupid is that to end a run?

dmgwalsh

Straight Pool Fanatic
Silver Member
stevekur1 said:
Stevekur1 Mar 1st, 2009 - 63 :D

Good work. Congrats.

I got my 2009 high today 42 and out in a match to 100. Tried to keep shooting but had no shot.:angry:

BVal

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I tied my high run of last year on Sunday at home with a 19. I missed a tough cut on the two to keep it going. It was actually the 1st time since last year's straight pool league.

BVal

selftaut

straight pool nut
Silver Member
I finally got out to shoot a couple games last night , got a 40 and was dead nuts on the keyball with a perfect breakball setup, had to slow roll it a bit to hold angle, table rolled out and it hung to end the run :(

Caromsoft

"Your Break...Big Brain!"
Silver Member
I had a 14 today, and it took breaking up a couple of bad clusters to do it. I feel good enough about it to post it for the list! :)

ghost121

All I get is six words?
Silver Member
Had a 24 last time I played (Friday 6th March). I wanted to wait until I got into the third rack to post a score, but this gives me something to aim at. This was my fourth try at 14.1.

Still struggling with perfect position on the set, key and break balls.

mosconiac

Job+Wife+Child=No Stroke
Silver Member
I finally broke out of the 2-3 rack rut with a 68 this morning. The run ended when I got stuck to a ball when breaking open a cluster.
Please update my high run for 2009 at 91!

The run occured last night during my 14.1 league match. I was at 109 points going to 200 and I ran out from there. Amazingly, I was under total control the whole run...I had been thinking it would take a series of circus shots for me to beat my past all-time best run of the high 70's. The most risky shots in the run were 2 shots to the far corner pockets, but I planned for those shots. Picking off those balls in the middle of the cluster opened up the cluster so I wouldn't have to bump anything.

I could have broken 100 if I didn't play the last rack to simply ensure I ran out the set (that was my first and only goal). I just picked off the loose balls in the last rack and didn't bother to set up a break shot to open the remaining cluster. In fact, I had a near hanger for 92, but didn't bother to shoot it...I was revelling in the glory of running out the set instead.

Also, I had a buddies flip camera in my coat pocket but didn't set it up. A golden opportunity missed! I didn't bother because 1) I thought my opponent would be sharked by it or object to the idea and 2) I didn't want to erase an old video we had on there to make sufficient room for a 200 point match.

Last edited:

dmgwalsh

Straight Pool Fanatic
Silver Member
Please update my high run for 2009 at 91!

The run occured last night during my 14.1 league match. I was at 109 points going to 200 and I ran out from there. Amazingly, I was under total control the whole run...I had been thinking it would take a series of circus shots for me to beat my past all-time best run of the high 70's. The most risky shots in the run were 2 shots to the far corner pockets, but I planned for those shots. Picking off those balls in the middle of the cluster opened up the cluster so I wouldn't have to bump anything.

I could have broken 100 if I didn't play the last rack to simply ensure I ran out the set (that was my first and only goal). I just picked off the loose balls in the last rack and didn't bother to set up a break shot to open the remaining cluster. In fact, I had a near hanger for 92, but didn't bother to shoot it...I was revelling in the glory of running out the set instead.

Also, I had a buddies flip camera in my coat pocket but didn't set it up. A golden opportunity missed! I didn't bother because 1) I thought my opponent would be sharked by it or object to the idea and 2) I didn't want to erase an old video we had on there to make sufficient room for a 200 point match.

WOW!!
An unfinished run of 91 and out in competition.

How strong is that!?

And that was your all time high run and you didn't even try to continue it??

mosconiac

Job+Wife+Child=No Stroke
Silver Member
Hi, Dave Nelson. My name is:

IMG_4430small.jpg