2010 AZ Straight Pool Challenge!

Marop

14.1 - real pool
Silver Member
Threw the balls out this morning and managed this practice run of 48. I don't know if this will work for everyone being on facebook, but I had trouble loading it on other sites. Tell me what you guys think, critics welcome :).

48 Ball Run

Nice run, not a lot of unnecessary cue ball movement, not a lot of running into balls when you don't have to.

You just got a little anxious on the shot you missed, A fault of a lot of of us. I saw Schmidt miss a 4 ball 5 inches from the pocket at 211 once. (got it on video, lol)

Good quality video, keep them coming.

Bill

BigRigTom

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Great shooting Jason and really good video quality.
You have inspired me to try harder to break that stupid 27 run which is my high so far!

I also realized by watching your video that I can upload to my facebook account....duh!
I knew that but it just had not occurred to me.
Thanks for sharing and keep up the amazing shooting too!

TSW

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Can you put me down for a 41 today? My goal is to break 50 in 2010 -- current high run is 44. I need to play more straight pool and less 9-ball!

14-1StraightMan

High Run 127
Silver Member
Very good

tsw_521 very good on your 41 and good luck on reaching your goal (50) in 2010. Keep up the good work.

I ran 64 tonight. At the end of the run. I went into the rack three different times. Everytime a ball would come out & go back into the rack.
I ran out of single balls to hit and just had a lump of balls in the center of the table. It has been raining today and the balls are not opening up properly.

Myk

dorkfish
Silver Member
I'm proud to say I have upped my high run for 2010 to 20 balls as of Jan. 13th.

Gonna get 40 before the year is out!

Ratta

Hearing the balls.....
Silver Member

Samiel

Sea Player
Silver Member
Ran a 34 on an 8 foot table Friday (01/15/2010). Finished 4, ran 2 racks and got 2 more according to my friend.

stevekur1

The "COMMISH"
Silver Member
Nice Shooting "Uncle" Ingo!

good to finally put a face to the name, watched the first part and liked what i see so far. you have an old school style, which i find to be very important in 14.1
you show very good control in not letting the CB run too much, the only thing i see so far is you get caught on the wrong side of the two balls that are next to each other in the first rack for too long and had to wait close to the end of the rack to deal with them.

look forward to watching the rest of it later, i will edit this post with more of my findings.

the next time you setup the camera if it is possible to set it up at the other end of the table, for better viewing angles.

Caio !
Steve

14-1StraightMan

High Run 127
Silver Member
Great.....!!!!!!!

I ran a 117 tonight at the Rack and Cue in Campbellsville. 1/17/2010

Landon Shuffett

Landon, that is so Great. There are many adults that can not run a 100 balls & will never see it in their lives. I went over to your profile and then to the link to your web site. I am very impressed with your titles. I am sure that your Dad is very proud of you, as he should be.
Please post a video on AZ for us to see you play. Even if it is rack or two. I did not find one on your web site.
The only advise that I can give you. Is to: Listen to your Dad.
Don't get involved with bad people in Life and stay in school.
Good luck to you always & Best Wishes.
Mike

stevekur1

The "COMMISH"
Silver Member
I ran a 50 on 01-17-2010, seems like i keep increasing my run challenge runs by 2....LOL

Steve

Ratta

Hearing the balls.....
Silver Member
Hi Steve,

problem with the cam is, that i still have no stative to place it at a better place :(. i ordered one, hope it will come soon. Then i can finish the things for Heather also.

Ingo

14-1StraightMan

High Run 127
Silver Member
Very nice

1/18/10 run of 55. I ran 56 and had a good break ball. Made it and scratched off the rack.

Very nice run. Scratching off the rack is very common. I was doing that a lot. Where I was at the point that I was scared to shoot my break shots. I practice break shots over & over to learn just what the right type of English to use on different angles.
What is your high run?

ShaneT58

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Very nice run. Scratching off the rack is very common. I was doing that a lot. Where I was at the point that I was scared to shoot my break shots. I practice break shots over & over to learn just what the right type of English to use on different angles.
What is your high run?

Thanks. That was my high run. I can get in the 20s and 30s often but that was my first one over 50. I'm working on playing better patterns. Typically I don't play the end of the rack very well.