2013 AZ Billiards Straight Pool Challenge!

stevekur1

The "COMMISH"
Silver Member
I just started to play straight pool again. I ran a 71 then a 94 in my first couple weeks trying( to run a 100) I got video but cant post a link yet.

send me a pm to the link, and i'll post it for you if you'd like !!!

we'd all love to see it !!

-Steve

Vahmurka

...and I get all da rolls
Silver Member
uuuh, so many good runs recently! Nice work guys!

Sean, hope you feel as good as ever about your 14.1 play.
Dennis, I hope your neat 40 run (though I'm yet to watch it) means you entered the zone of consistency. Like myself, recently I feel much better about my pattern play, I more often than not manage to clear the table up to last 2-3 balls (and then all sorts of trouble begin, LOL). Today I had a run of 23 or 24 (started counting half into the first rack) which ended in a weird fashion. I estimated the BB position and figured out I shall draw the CB. I hit it with draw, medium-hard speed, and... watched the whitey follow straight into the corner right after the object ball :eek: I understand I must have hit on lower part of the ball in the stack but draw was supposed to fight that. I bet I didn't mix draw with follow on the cue ball, hehe.

Jonathan, thanks for your run "with discussion", I second Stan Shuffet, we'd love to see more runs like that!

Last edited:

TSW

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
New high run of 63 on August 4th. Beat my prior high run by two balls. This was an ugly run - I was constantly out of line and had to fight the table the whole way. It finally caught up to me when I played a secondary break shot with no insurance ball and didn't survive the bad leave.

Anyway, ugly counts. It's a number and I'll take it.

elvicash

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I ran 49 at home on my GC 9' on Sunday Aug 4th. Played a combo trying to draw up table and did not snap it enough to hook so I drew into the upper left corner. Finally ran my age (47).

Last edited:

wigglybridge

14.1 straight pool!
Silver Member
haven't had many opportunities to play for the past few months, but hit a 31 tonight, playing very strong, just making some mental errors.

Railbird Hero

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Well, I haven't come close to beating the personal best of 57 yet (From 2011). I keep getting myself out of position, or play a bad pattern and trying to force myself back into the right/better one, and working out the best break ball/cue ball area for me to keep it going.
So 2013 I have only been in the dirty thirty's with 31/33 the best so far.
However, I received a nice new Go Pro Hero3 camera and have been recording practice sessions to critique those bad habits.
When I put a good one together Ill go about learning how to share and post them.
Until then Good luck and shoot the lights out my friends.

dmgwalsh

Straight Pool Fanatic
Silver Member
....is 29. Got completely shut out on the break after 29.

Gene: I kept getting high 20s this year, again and again, snuck into the low 30s, then went straight to 50.

Keep knocking at the door. get into that next rack and anything can happen. :wink:

9BallJim

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Didn't beat my 70 in April but I did put together a 55. I struggled with playing position on my out patterns but kept the run alive for a while. I should have just played a stop shot and left the cue in the rack to guarantee a shot instead of trying to draw back.
http://youtu.be/c1CSq9VljWQ

Lonestar_jim

Two & Out
Silver Member
Nice run

Didn't beat my 70 in April but I did put together a 55. I struggled with playing position on my out patterns but kept the run alive for a while. I should have just played a stop shot and left the cue in the rack to guarantee a shot instead of trying to draw back.
http://youtu.be/c1CSq9VljWQ

You put in a lot of work in the last rack. I think you get the worst spreads with the cleanest balls I've ever seen. I forgot about the 70.

dmgwalsh

Straight Pool Fanatic
Silver Member
I ran 68 (my age +1) on July 27, 2013.

Gerald Lauchle
Congratulations. Nice number. I would like to run my age of 61 (soon to be 62). I guess age does not get in the way too much if we keep plugging along. That's what I tell myself.

You could be completely different and perhaps you ran 100s when you were younger.

Either way, congrats on a good run.