2021 AZB Ghost Challenge - Official Thread

TATE

AzB Gold Mensch
Silver Member
Anyone else notice the ghost never wins game one playing anyone? Hmmm.

Is that because the respectable set on film follows a beat down by the ghost like with me? Being real here.
Ghost must be a slow starter.😉

TATE

AzB Gold Mensch
Silver Member
2021 AZB Ghost Challenge - Official Thread

It’s a new year, and everyone is on a clean slate. Let's see who can back up their written posts with game play for bragging rights :);)o_O:LOL: If you have a video of your run, link it, and I will add it to this post. Neither video or skill are required to participate, only a will to participate is:)

1st post will be kept up to date with latest scores. See 2nd post for “suggested” rules.

Prior Year Threads:
2020, 2019, 2018, 2017, 2016, 2015

6-Ball Ghost Ranking (BIH after break, luck counts)
1. 13-0 - Side Pocket - Jan 18 - Video 13-0
2. 4-7 - iusedtoberich - Jan 1

6-Ball "Pro" Ghost Ranking (No BIH after break, luck counts)

8-Ball Ghost Ranking (BIH after break, call shot)

8-Ball “Pro” Ghost Ranking (No BIH after break, call shot)

9-Ball Ghost Ranking (BIH after break, luck counts)
1. 7-2 - Side Pocket - Jan 26 - Video 7-2
2. 7-3 - TATE - Jan 1 - Video 7-3
3. 7-3 - 9BallKY - Jan 3 - Video 7-3
4. 7-4 - RunEmOut08 - Jan 6 - Video 7-4
5. 5-7 - JC - Jan 6 - Video 5-7
6. 5-7 - iusedtoberich - Feb 1 - Video 5-7 - Also Video 3-7, 1-7, 1-7

9-Ball “Pro” Ghost Ranking (No BIH after break, luck counts)

10-Ball Ghost Ranking (BIH after break, luck counts)
1. 8-0 - Poolmanis - Jan 12
2. 7-3 - Gatz - Jan 1 - Video 7-3
3. 7-5 - The_JV - Jan 1

10-Ball “Pro” Ghost Ranking (No BIH after break, luck counts)

Random Ghost (rotation, snooker, etc..)
1. Virtual Pool Simulation Game - 7-2 - BeiberLvr - Jan 6 - Video 7-2, Also Video 7-3, Video 6-7

Straight Pool
Straight pool has its own 16 year running challenge. Go to this thread to join!
Link

Beat the 9 ball ghost 7 - 1 last night, inspired by the new Eric Church song "Lynyrd Skynyrd Jones" - destined to be a classic. I had two 6-0 runs this week and a 5 - 0 and could not convert the 7th game - damn!

Last edited:

JC

Coos Cues
Played the 9-Ball BIH ghost challenge and over drew a delicate draw shot to allow the ghost to win 1 game. 7-1 win.

Watch "Ghost Challenge 9-Ball Win 7-1 Diamond 9 Foot Table
Good shooting side. I like your stance for a taller player.

peppersauce

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Thanks. I stand 6 feet tall. Sometimes my table doesn't look like a 9 footer.
Good shooting.

I always feel like good players make the table look smaller than it is. Maybe it’s better pattern play and cue ball that leads to easier shots, making the table seem smaller/easier.

Last edited:

sparkle84

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Played the 9-Ball BIH ghost challenge and over drew a delicate draw shot to allow the ghost to win 1 game. 7-1 win.

Watch "Ghost Challenge 9-Ball Win 7-1 Diamond 9 Foot Table
One of the best examples of correct angle management I've seen in a long time on here. Granted you had mostly easy racks but we're only off angle once and it wasn't even the rack you lost.
Play 10ball next time. 9ball is way too easy for your skillset.

Scott Brazier

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
One of the best examples of correct angle management I've seen in a long time on here. Granted you had mostly easy racks but we're only off angle once and it wasn't even the rack you lost.
Thanks bud. I've been working on
Thanks bud. My position play to have the right angle for my next shot and then the next and next has improved dramatically. I've also been working on playing shape coming into the line of my next shot instead of across. I'll play 10-ball tomorrow night and post a video. I can beat the ghost in 9-Ball every time but trying to get that perfect 7-0 match. Tonight I got into the 5th rack several times and ended up with an impossible layout but that's pool. I'll post a 10 ball match tomorrow night even if it's a 7-6 win but I'm sure I can do better than that.

Cheers

peppersauce

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Bump for action! Get your sets in:)
I hadn’t played any sets against the ghost in a long time, so I thought I’d get some in today. Played bad. Lost a bunch of sets against the 10 ball ghost 0-7 to 3-7. Switched to 9 ball and it was closer, but I still lost a couple of sets before squeaking out a 7-6 win, thanks to a couple of ridiculous rolls I got. You can see my frustration during the set, lol.

Oh! And I have a Fargo rating finally after almost 10 years of handfuls of games going in here and there....sitting at 626 with something like 235 or so games in.

peppersauce

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
First set of the day. Lost 2-7 to the 10 ball ghost. Y’all might have to mute the audio. My music isn’t for everyone, lol.

I haven’t watched the set yet, but I didn’t feel too bad about my play. I felt like I played ok, but got flat on some shots and missed some balls I should make.

sparkle84

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I hadn’t played any sets against the ghost in a long time, so I thought I’d get some in today. Played bad. Lost a bunch of sets against the 10 ball ghost 0-7 to 3-7. Switched to 9 ball and it was closer, but I still lost a couple of sets before squeaking out a 7-6 win, thanks to a couple of ridiculous rolls I got. You can see my frustration during the set, lol.

Oh! And I have a Fargo rating finally after almost 10 years of handfuls of games going in here and there....sitting at 626 with something like 235 or so games in.

Just curious but was this session before or after your boot camp?

peppersauce

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Just curious but was this session before or after your boot camp?
After. This was yesterday. Just had a bad day, it happens. I was so frustrated and mad at my play by the time I played that 9-ball set I was running out of patience and it showed. Not the best look for me, but sometimes things just aren’t working and it gets really frustrating.

8cree

Reverse Engineer
Silver Member
Side pocket, peppersauce, poolmanis, What type of camera are you guys using for your sessions? I just posted a new topic asking about cameras in the main forum, would y'all mind popping in over there and replying there as not to clog up this thread with my questions? Thanks guys! (y)

9BallKY

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I was thinking of doing a 10 ball video but the last couple months after going months without playing competitively I just haven’t had the motivation to even play. Lot of days I don’t even hit a ball, some days I play a game or 2 but just can’t get the want to lately.