2023 International Open, Oct 30 - Nov 4, Norfolk

CanadianGuy

anybody know the guys sitting in the first row, they all looked familiar.

Attachments

• fr.JPG
    fr.JPG
    54.3 KB · Views: 95

Cornerman

Cue Author...Sometimes
Gold Member
Silver Member
anybody know the guys sitting in the first row, they all looked familiar.
SJM in blue. Jerry Briesath to his right. left of the silver-haired woman (Cathy?) is Dave Alciatore (Dr Dave) sitting next to her. The yellow wrist band in the upper left above Yapp’s head… yours truly.

Taxi

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I'd never heard Sigel's commentary before this event, but after a few days I'd almost put him up there with Grady and "Cardone". A perfect blend of insight, enthusiasm and occasional humor. I honestly get tired of the Wilson / JJ teaming. They also have lots of insight, but their delivery is terminally dull.

Dizzy Dean used to say "It ain't braggin' if you can do it". To me that's Sigel.

skogstokig

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Who knows. The Team Philippines in the upcoming WPA sanctioned Teams WC is with "banned" players. I wonder if the promoters just don't give a hoot about "bans".

i don't think that's correct? biado didn't play hanoi and i don't think roland did either. that was the cutoff line for the asians. rubilen and chezka are cleared ofc

iusedtoberich

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
i don't think that's correct? biado didn't play hanoi and i don't think roland did either. that was the cutoff line for the asians. rubilen and chezka are cleared ofc
Biado and Roland both played in the Hanoi Open. The brackets seem to be gone, but if you go to the world ranking list on the MR site and download the spreadsheet, both won $1000 in the Hanoi Open.

skogstokig

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Biado and Roland both played in the Hanoi Open. The brackets seem to be gone, but if you go to the world ranking list on the MR site and download the spreadsheet, both won $1000 in the Hanoi Open.

you are right. i only remember him getting that phone call and going to qatar, that blurred my memory

iusedtoberich

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
you are right. i only remember him getting that phone call and going to qatar, that blurred my memory
Yeah, I was watching a live stream of him gambling after hours at the US Open, and his wife was doing the commentary. She said they would be going to Qatar only and NOT Hanoi due to the WCBS letter. But for whatever reason, they ended up going to both. Who knows what happened. Just glad he got to play in both, and now still represent Team Philippines in an upcoming WPA event.

skogstokig

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Yeah, I was watching a live stream of him gambling after hours at the US Open, and his wife was doing the commentary. She said they would be going to Qatar only and NOT Hanoi due to the WCBS letter. But for whatever reason, they ended up going to both. Who knows what happened. Just glad he got to play in both, and now still represent Team Philippines in an upcoming WPA event.

yep, but if there's no banned pinoys they could've picked raga instead of roland. i guess they're favorites / 2nd favorites either way..