2023 International Open, Oct 30 - Nov 4, Norfolk

iusedtoberich

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Did Yapp win anything big? I recall he came on the scene in maybe 2019, and we all thought he was about Shane level. But I believe he’s been quiet since?

JusticeNJ

Four Points/Steel Joints
Silver Member
Did Yapp win anything big? I recall he came on the scene in maybe 2019, and we all thought he was about Shane level. But I believe he’s been quiet since?
I don't think he's won anything "big" yet. Runner up at US Open in 21. Back to back Predator Michigan Opens.

He maintained an 875 speed Fargo for 131 games according to the Fargorate FB page during that US Open, ultimately losing to Biado in the finals.

I just hope this ban shit doesn't handicap what could be a bridesmaid about to be a bride.

benjaminwah

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
would you say these pockets suits his style? he is quite jumpy, especially when it gets close to the hill
No idea, I haven't seen any footage from these matches yet. All I know is he is a strong player, great to see him doing so well. It's great to see one of our locals do so good, he is from Peru but has been living in the Chicago area. When he shows up at the pool hall he is all smiles and very friendly.

skogstokig

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
No idea, I haven't seen any footage from these matches yet. All I know is he is a strong player, great to see him doing so well. It's great to see one of our locals do so good, he is from Peru but has been living in the Chicago area. When he shows up at the pool hall he is all smiles and very friendly.

cool, didn't know that. heard an interview, seems like a humble guy. the nerve he brings to the matches is very entertaining to watch. makes me nervous lol

benjaminwah

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
cool, didn't know that. heard an interview, seems like a humble guy. the nerve he brings to the matches is very entertaining to watch. makes me nervous lol
He played John Morra a race at a local pool hall here, no nerves at all. Walked through him effortlessly. It was something to see.

JusticeNJ

Four Points/Steel Joints
Silver Member
Yapp v. Alcaide for the title. Both are playing well but David's performance was a bit better than Yapp's in the semi's IMO. Yapp came out strong but made some errors after the mid point.

I'm rooting for Yapp but it seems like a toss up.

jay helfert

Shoot Pool, not people
Gold Member
Silver Member
I haven't watched the matches but David must be playing great. He's trounced all three of his opponents in the SE stage 2, Van Boening got to six and Oi & Martinez each won five games! Should be a heckuva final.

skogstokig

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
glad to see yapp win a big 9-ball title!

not glad to see emily post that sigel will join the MC commentary team. must surely be a joke?