9Ball Hardest Break- Simonis

Kickin' Chicken

Kick Shot Aficionado
Silver Member
He's hitting them harder than Charlie hits them now. But not harder than Charlie in the 90's. Not close. When Charlie learned that a harder hit cue ball doesn't translate to a more powerful break, his game jumped multiple levels.

The hardest break cannot be measured by only cue ball speed. The cb that hits the spot ball squarely and landing on the table bed simultaneously to contact, will transfer the most power to the rack. At some point the harder hit cb sails w/out landing on the table bed and hits the spot ball high or cuts it transferring less power to the rack.

The most powerful break is the one that transfers most power from the cue ball to the rack.

Respect, Courage, and Commitment!

Was Charlie ever radar gunned for his top speed break, aside from what Nostroke just mentioned about him not going over 25 mph?

What MD is doing at 37 - 38mph is insane.

I do understand that harder isn't always producing a better (or as powerful) of a break but the op was asking who hits the hardest.

I loved watching Busty actually leave the ground and kick himself in the butt with one foot on his hard breaks. IIRC, he was clocked around 32 or 33mph.

Does anyone know if Busty was ever clocked faster than that?

best,
brian kc

Nostroke

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Was Charlie ever radar gunned for his top speed break, aside from what Nostroke just mentioned about him not going over 25 mph?

I do understand that harder isn't always producing a better (or as powerful) of a break but the op was asking who hits the hardest.

I loved watching Busty actually leave the ground and kick himself in the butt with one foot on his hard breaks. IIRC, he was clocked around 32 or 33mph.

best,
brian kc

Not Charlie-Larry Kickin

Sardo told me 37MPH was the hardest he ever measured-some guy no one ever heard of named Don from the midwest. Of course that was 8-10 years ago. Also not all radar guns are calibrated the same so hard to tell.

Gilbertfan81

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Hard boom

You guys forgot two hammers from the nineties. First George Breedlove in his prime. Probably the hardest break I've ever seen is John kucharo . Watch the video of him in the us open. He breaks them harder than anybody and squats the rock best break ever period!!!!!

8balltex

Banned
Show me proof

Charlie Bryant?? what are you kidding me?? the guy is like a little baby in the world of PROFESSIONAL 9BALL.. Charlie Bryant is in no way a member of the WORLD 9BALL POOL MASTERS and he never will be.. YOUthink this guy breaks hard?? just watch a match with this guy up against a top professional and when his break is not working for him you can see the guy CHICKEN OUT and change to an alternate break immediately due to his immaturity and lack of success... you still dont know much about professional 9ball and the 9BALL WORLD POOL MASTERS... Charlie Bryant belongs in the pool hall playing $5 tournaments on Bar tables... YOU STILL WANT TO ARGUE?? Show me proof of CHARLIE BRYANT playing in a PROFESSIONAL 9BALL TOURNAMENT ON SIMONIS FELT up against a top professional, show me a video of this guy breaking HARD during a top 9ball tournament.. SHOW ME PROOF.. THIS GUY broke down during the Texas open 9ball tournament and started to break like a girl, dont give me that shhht about this guy Charlie Bryant.. any top pro can break harder than Charlie Bryant and beat the shht out of him, why mention him anyway he is never a professional 9ball player. Like I said, NEVEL is an ok ok player in the world of professional 9ball, but this guy CHARLIE BRYANT IS A NOBODY.... SHOW ME PROOF and QUIT ARGUING

8balltex

Banned
Kucharo

JOHN kUCHARO thanks.. nice example of someone that breaks harder than the others mentioned so far...I never seen this guy play before and it was interesting to see for the first time.. finally a little more effort from the random strangers here on this website..

Double-Dave

Developing cue-addict
Silver Member
Charlie Bryant?? what are you kidding me?? the guy is like a little baby in the world of PROFESSIONAL 9BALL.. Charlie Bryant is in no way a member of the WORLD 9BALL POOL MASTERS and he never will be.. YOUthink this guy breaks hard?? just watch a match with this guy up against a top professional and when his break is not working for him you can see the guy CHICKEN OUT and change to an alternate break immediately due to his immaturity and lack of success... you still dont know much about professional 9ball and the 9BALL WORLD POOL MASTERS... Charlie Bryant belongs in the pool hall playing $5 tournaments on Bar tables... YOU STILL WANT TO ARGUE?? Show me proof of CHARLIE BRYANT playing in a PROFESSIONAL 9BALL TOURNAMENT ON SIMONIS FELT up against a top professional, show me a video of this guy breaking HARD during a top 9ball tournament.. SHOW ME PROOF.. THIS GUY broke down during the Texas open 9ball tournament and started to break like a girl, dont give me that shhht about this guy Charlie Bryant.. any top pro can break harder than Charlie Bryant and beat the shht out of him, why mention him anyway he is never a professional 9ball player. Like I said, NEVEL is an ok ok player in the world of professional 9ball, but this guy CHARLIE BRYANT IS A NOBODY.... SHOW ME PROOF and QUIT ARGUING

Boy, o boy would I like to see you say that to Charlie's face, then we will find out who the little baby is.
I guess your stay here will be a short one, Juan.

gr. Dave

Last edited:
Reactions: 80P

80P

Banned

Was his 2nd place finish in the Texas Open and the oklahoma open last year not enough proof for you? How about his 1st place finish at the space city open? Hillbilly is not only an amazing pool player, he is an awesome guy and extremely humble.

Tony_in_MD

You want some of this?
Silver Member
Part of being successful at nine ball requires knowing when to break hard, and when not to.

I am sure Charlie learned that lesson, did you?

Blaine B.

Clueless
Silver Member
Is there a decent break speed app for BlackBerry? People comment on my break, out of curiosity I'd like to have an idea without getting a radar gun.

8balltex

Banned
--(Boy, o boy would I like to see you say that to Charlie's face, then we will find out who the little baby is.

gr. Dave)

oh brother.. Charlie Bryant the loser... If you are going to BROWN NOSE some of the Pro 9ball players why dont you pick one of the WORLD 9BALL POOL MASTERS instead of one of the LOSER UNDERACHIEVERS... and as for your HONEST OPINION.. KEEP IT TO YOURSELF ABOUT WHAT THE HELL I Want and SHOULD Say for myself you moron.. I DO NOT WANT TO and I DONT HAVE to agree with you that CHARLIE BRYANT the LITTLE BABY is a great pool player because hes not..

-Are you threatening to kick me off the website because Im not impressed with this guy CHARLIE "Baby face" Bryant?? im sooo scared. Where will I go next, what will I do.. Maybe I will say it to his face and make him SIT DOWN .. You dont know me, I can sit him down easily. DID YOU MENTION THAT HE WILL KICK MY ASS?? Ha you dont know much about PROFESSIONAL 9BALL and ASS KICKING and you dont KNOW MUCH ABOUT ME.. I WILL BREAK AND RUN ALL OVER THAT LOSER and he will NEVER FORGET IT..

IM SERIOUSLY NOT Impressed.. YOU HAVE POOR JUDGEMENT.. LET ME SEE THE PROOF THAT CHARLIE BRYANT "the little baby" IS A WORLD 9BALL POOL MASTER.. what the hell do you know about PROFESSIONAL 9BALL Ranking in the world LET ME SEE THE PROOF.. awww he did have MANY a TRY OUTS for WORLD 9BALL POOL MASTERS and CHARLIE BRYANT FAILED.. You have poor judgement, I have seen this guy play and I am personally NEVER INTO A REAL SOLID LOSER LIKE CHARLIE BRYANT

Last edited:

8balltex

Banned

best,
brian kc

I can believe it.. Bustamante is a great World Champion and he can break the balls very hard. Most of the Hall Of Famer World Champions hit the very hardest from Experience NOT FROM ARM STRENGTH..

Double-Dave

Developing cue-addict
Silver Member
oh brother.. Charlie Bryant the loser... If you are going to BROWN NOSE some of the Pro 9ball players why dont you pick one of the WORLD 9BALL POOL MASTERS instead of one of the LOSER UNDERACHIEVERS... and as for your HONEST OPINION.. KEEP IT TO YOURSELF ABOUT WHAT THE HELL I Want and SHOULD Say for myself you moron.. I DO NOT WANT TO and I DONT HAVE to agree with you that CHARLIE BRYANT the LITTLE BABY is a great pool player because hes not..

LET ME SEE THE PROOF THAT CHARLIE BRYANT "the little baby" IS A WORLD 9BALL POOL MASTER.. what the hell do you know about PROFESSIONAL 9BALL Ranking in the world LET ME SEE THE PROOF

Well you sure told me. Care to elaborate on your own achievements in the WORLD 9BALL POOL MASTERS?

I did find this video of you where I think you ran 2 balls twice: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3Fhwscy0pjc

I shouldn't feed the trolls but hey, I have some time to kill (and I happen to like Charlie as a person very much).

gr. Dave

Double-Dave

Developing cue-addict
Silver Member
--(Boy, o boy would I like to see you say that to Charlie's face, then we will find out who the little baby is.

gr. Dave)

-Are you threatening to kick me off the website because Im not impressed with this guy CHARLIE "Baby face" Bryant?? im sooo scared. Where will I go next, what will I do.. Maybe I will say it to his face and make him SIT DOWN .. You dont know me, I can sit him down easily. DID YOU MENTION THAT HE WILL KICK MY ASS?? Ha you dont know much about PROFESSIONAL 9BALL and ASS KICKING and you dont KNOW MUCH ABOUT ME.. I WILL BREAK AND RUN ALL OVER THAT LOSER and he will NEVER FORGET IT..

IM SERIOUSLY NOT Impressed.. YOU HAVE POOR JUDGEMENT.. LET ME SEE THE PROOF THAT CHARLIE BRYANT "the little baby" IS A WORLD 9BALL POOL MASTER.. what the hell do you know about PROFESSIONAL 9BALL Ranking in the world LET ME SEE THE PROOF.. awww he did have MANY a TRY OUTS for WORLD 9BALL POOL MASTERS and CHARLIE BRYANT FAILED.. You have poor judgement, I have seen this guy play and I am personally NEVER INTO A REAL SOLID LOSER LIKE CHARLIE BRYANT

Quoted to preserve these gems.

Break and run out all over that loser....make him sit down...Good luck with that.
And as to your guitar playing, don't quit your day job.

gr. Dave

SouthernDraw

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

best,
brian kc

I've heard stories of radar guns and break apps, but I don't put much into comparing those. Having used radar guns in law enforcement, I will say that other factors can play into the equation. Also, I'm not sure if you can compare these two different forms. How an app computes average speed or top speed would seem to me different than a radar gun. But, I don't know. I have seen both players players. I am not saying one can take a stab at breaking with their highest cue ball speed and beat the other. I am comparing their typical break speeds in competition. We have to remember that we all know much more about the science of breaking than wd did in the 80's and 90's. Also, the cloth and cushions have changed. So almost everyone breaks with less speed today. I am sure that it is possible for someone to move a cue ball with greater speed than Charlie, just never seen anyone do it in competition. And as I mentioned, he doesn't do it anymore either.

Yeah, he asked about "hardest break." And a break isn't an object, so it can't be hard or soft. I guess we are all left trying to guess what the op was actually asking. I took it be the power exchange between the cb and the head ball.

Kickin' Chicken

Kick Shot Aficionado
Silver Member
Well you sure told me. Care to elaborate on your own achievements in the WORLD 9BALL POOL MASTERS?

I did find this video of you where I think you ran 2 balls twice: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3Fhwscy0pjc

I shouldn't feed the trolls but hey, I have some time to kill (and I happen to like Charlie as a person very much).

gr. Dave

oh my, is that really 8balltex shooting pool in this video?

he got many balls rolling in the general direction of a pocket.

and his break was pure thunder.

only on the internet . . ..

best,
brian kc

Last edited:

Kickin' Chicken

Kick Shot Aficionado
Silver Member
I've heard stories of radar guns and break apps, but I don't put much into comparing those. Having used radar guns in law enforcement, I will say that other factors can play into the equation. Also, I'm not sure if you can compare these two different forms. How an app computes average speed or top speed would seem to me different than a radar gun. But, I don't know. I have seen both players players. I am not saying one can take a stab at breaking with their highest cue ball speed and beat the other. I am comparing their typical break speeds in competition. We have to remember that we all know much more about the science of breaking than wd did in the 80's and 90's. Also, the cloth and cushions have changed. So almost everyone breaks with less speed today. I am sure that it is possible for someone to move a cue ball with greater speed than Charlie, just never seen anyone do it in competition. And as I mentioned, he doesn't do it anymore either.

Yeah, he asked about "hardest break." And a break isn't an object, so it can't be hard or soft. I guess we are all left trying to guess what the op was actually asking. I took it be the power exchange between the cb and the head ball.

I agree with this.

while I definitely enjoy watching a huge display of power and speed on breaks, it really has now become rare in high level play.

making headballs, wingballs, and precisely squatting the rock are the teachers. :wink:

best,
brian kc

MahnaMahna

Beefcake. BEEFCAKE!!
Silver Member
Charlie Bryant gives the OP the break and the last 4 in all aspects of life, pool, and internet posting.

What a jackass.

Last edited: