A VERY SAD DAY - RIP Bill Stroud

pfd studios

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
It is a very sad day indeed that I come here to inform the AZ community that my good friend and fellow cue maker BILL STROUD passed away March 11, 2020. I trust that all here will remember Bill for his many significant contributions to the pool world and the art of cuemaking.

RIP my friend - gone but never forgotten.

Paul

deanoc

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
i join you in missing Billy he will be remembered for many
things in pool
playeras well as cue maker

Snooker Theory

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
RIP, thanks for all your contributions to pool and cuemaking, a wonderful gentleman. Sad to hear the news.

Duane Remick

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Definitely 1 OF A KIND ….
" BILL WILL CERTAINLY BE MISSED BY MANY
He always treated me great with cues , repairs, etc.

TATE

AzB Gold Mensch
Silver Member
I had the good fortune to attend one of the International Cue Collectors Shows Bill put on in Las Vegas. It was a remarkable experience - he did a beautiful job putting it together. He was there in the early days of custom cue making and helped to elevate the trade to an art form. He respected both modern and vintage cue makers. He contributed to the passion cue collecting became. Bill was quite a gifted man and will be missed.

j2pac

Marital Slow Learner.
Staff member
Gold Member
Silver Member
It is a very sad day indeed that I come here to inform the AZ community that my good friend and fellow cue maker BILL STROUD passed away March 11, 2020. I trust that all here will remember Bill for his many significant contributions to the pool world and the art of cuemaking.

Paul

My condolences Paul.
R.I.P. Mr. Stroud.

Ken_4fun

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Got to talk to him about relabeling a cue.

I offered him money and he said, "Oh Ken just send it to me and Ill do for free."

I sent it to him, and he even paid for shipping it back.

I sent him a check and told him to do ME a favor and cash the check.

I thought he was a classy guy. He always seemed to like playing one pocket more than making cues, but he will always be known for his cues.

RIP

Ken

Patrick Johnson

Fish of the Day
Silver Member
He was an esteemed member here ("bstroud") and will be missed even by those like me who knew him only by his celebrated reputation, cue work and friendly, knowledgeable posts here.

He last posted in January - sorry to lose him before he got back this way.

pj
chgo

Reactions: JAM

Cuebuddy

Mini cues
Silver Member
I had an invite to meet and play Bill a few years back in Aspen Colorado. Its about a 90 minute drive from my place. I passed due to the weather...I wish I would of gone instead.

RIP Bill Stroud.

Paul

Wow, that is really sad.

Very sorry for the loss of your friend, and a really big loss to the pool world.

Bavafongoul

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
T

This is just horrible news and it’s taken so long to learn about it.
He was truly a one of a kind cue-making talent. Bill was indeed special.
Now I have enormous regret over not trying harder to reach out to him.

Bill came on the cue-making scene at a really special period and he
pioneered cue-making at a time when it needed help. Now more than
ever I am sorry I sold all the JW cues I’ve owned over the years and
wish I had a JW cue to remind me of him each and every time I open
my cue case like with my Scruggs cue. It helps to refresh fond memories.

Matt B.

BillPorter

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Here's a 40 year old pic of Billy taken at the Rocky Mountain 9-Ball Open in Colorado Springs, CO. He was a friend and will surely be missed.

Stroud1-s-X2.jpg