American Straight Pool Championship - Oct 19th to 23rd *free* live streaming

AtLarge

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Filler needed two.

Makes the break ball and scrapes the bottom of the rack and is stuck on the corner of the stack.

Then calls the six on a two rail combo into the side.

It goes.

Lou Figueroa
AND, he played the cue ball safe behind the rack in (the likely) case of a miss.

skogstokig

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
if the previous match days are anything to go by, filler plays better later in the day while fedor is more steady eddie. fedor might lose only by doing a poor lag/breakoff.

TheBasics

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Howdy All;

Gotta say I was disappointed. After all the hype and build-up it was kind of a let
down in the way the Ladies part of the event was regulated to the side as if it was
an after thought. The organizers could have had more of the women's matches on
some of the video tables. They had 4 of them, right? Why not 2 devoted to the women?
Then they tagged the Ladies Final on the back end of the Men's Semi-final. WT???
Hopefully they'll separate the 2 later as individual videos.
Yea I enjoyed the Men's matches as always, just think they coulda done more for the Ladies.

hank

gerryf

When i checked it last evening, the Fisher/Filler women's match had 20K views. The Filler/Gorst men's final only had 6K views. Most of the earlier men's matches seemed to peak out with 4K views.

Odd that the women's match had so many more views.

Joe_Jaguar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Howdy All;

Gotta say I was disappointed. After all the hype and build-up it was kind of a let
down in the way the Ladies part of the event was regulated to the side as if it was
some of the video tables. They had 4 of them, right? Why not 2 devoted to the women?
Then they tagged the Ladies Final on the back end of the Men's Semi-final. WT???
Yea I enjoyed the Men's matches as always, just think they coulda done more for the Ladies.

hank
It was a sideshow and filler especially given the small field and talent. Their round robin matches certainly shouldn't have been shown instead of the men's elimination rounds.

But obviously they never recovered from their supposed bandwidth issues after the rainstorm and lost a streamed table. The Belgian guy that was doing his own stream had a better picture than either of the two official streams.

skogstokig

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Howdy All;

hank

maybe because the best women players were not present - han yu, siming chen, wenling, fu, ge, yuying, etc. the only elite player in that field was fisher. it doesn't compare to the star stacked mens field in any way. these are sad circumstances but it's a fact

gerryf

When i checked it last evening, the Fisher/Filler women's match had 20K views. The Filler/Gorst men's final only had 6K views. Most of the earlier men's matches seemed to peak out with 4K views.

Just checked it again, and i must have misread it yesterday.

Now, it's women's final, 12K viewers. and men's final has 9K viewers.

Cameron Smith

is kind of hungry...
Silver Member

I’m not too surprised. There is a curiosity factor involved. Women rarely play straight pool on video and I certainly was curious to see Kelly Fisher play the game. So that alone would generate the extra interest.

Bob Jewett

AZB Osmium Member
Staff member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Here's the Facebook summary:
Eight runs over 160 in the men's division.

lfigueroa

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I’m not too surprised. There is a curiosity factor involved. Women rarely play straight pool on video and I certainly was curious to see Kelly Fisher play the game. So that alone would generate the extra interest.

I think the women are also better organized in terms of social media, spreading the word about their upcoming matches and getting fans to tune in.

Lou Figueroa

gerryf

Just checked it again, and i must have misread it yesterday.

Now, it's women's final, 12K viewers. and men's final has 9K viewers.
Today, it's women's final 13K viewers, and men's final with 9K viewers, which seems pretty good for 14.1, and the views are still increasing slowly.

For comparison, the 2021 Predator Open 10-ball men's final had 192K viewers, and the US Open had 169K viewers.