And the Oscar goes to....Efren!

inside_english

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
This has to be the funniest pool clip I have ever seen!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4EUNZC2O9Ek&feature=related

It is SO bad, it is good.
I laughed.
I cried.
I soiled myself!

Efren's powerhouse acting is Brando-like! Rich, clever dialogue, deep emotion and true character-acting are all effortlessly displayed by The Magician (NOT!)

Don't miss the guy in the audience who looks like Gene Simmons.

Efren's shirt makes him look like a gay pirate...:)
Plus, his opponent reminded be of The Black Hand from The Godfather.

Enjoy!
 
That is the COOLEST video I have seen about pool in a very long time.

OMG! Thanks for sharing. Efren looks a little fat and happy! :D
 
I wish somebody could provide subtitles. It is not in English, and I still enjoyed it. :p
 
It reminded me of an Elvis movie....... Life is good when you're the Elvis of the Phillipines!
 
You did real good. I only understood "Good Shot" and maybe the opponent, Romy Diaz was calling Efren, "Shadow". I liked the woman on the left who would whistle when Efren made a shot. Her expressions were priceless.

I couldn't understand the words but I still have a grin on my face.

Thanks,
JoeyA
 
You did real good. I only understood "Good Shot" and maybe the opponent, Romy Diaz was calling Efren, "Shadow". I liked the woman on the left who would whistle when Efren made a shot. Her expressions were priceless.

I couldn't understand the words but I still have a grin on my face.

Thanks,
JoeyA

Yes, my favorite was the facial expressions by the chunky lady sitting down. She might be up for best supporting actress.
 
Lol - thanks for sharing

For those of you wondering, this IS how Filipino movies is like, and the Filipinos love it. If the actors speaks loud and fast with lots of drama, it is impossible to get them to switch channel. I guess this movie hit the hearts in most of the public in Philippines :D

If you don't believe me, check their most popular tv-show, Wowowee. Do a google/you-tube search. It's on EVERYWHERE, and it's so noisy, with loud-speaking people laughing and screaming, beautiful girls dancing half-naked and lots of Pesos to win for the lucky people chosen to be in the audience. Wowowee is filmed in Quezon City and there are big lines of people outside every morning, hoping to get a seat.
 
Last edited:
Lol - thanks for sharing

For those of you wondering, this IS how Filipino movies is like, and the Filipinos love it. If the actors speaks loud and fast with lots of drama, it is impossible to get them to switch channel. I guess this movie hit the hearts in most of the public in Philippines :D

If you don't believe me, check their most popular tv-show, Wowowee. Do a google/you-tube search. It's on EVERYWHERE, and it's so noisy, with loud-speaking people laughing and screaming, beautiful girls dancing half-naked and lots of Pesos to win for the lucky people chosen to be in the audience. Wowowee is filmed in Quezon City and there are big lines of people outside every morning, hoping to get a seat.

Fwiw this movie was a flop at the box office. Another drama movie killed it's action. Filipinos love drama movies. The more tears, the better.
Unfortunately, the lead guy Fernado Poe Jr. , who later ran for president and lost a controversial election , died a few months later after the election.
FPJ was the John Wayne of the Philippine movies. I think he made 200+ movies and was the box-office king for decades.
Efren does mostly beer commercials now. No more movies.
Pacquiao does that now. Pacquiao might win the next Efren-Acting award.:thumbup:
Btw, FPJ did a billiard/pool movie a two decades before this movie. It was called Billiard King. That one made money though. It was a hit. Lots of fistfights and comedy.
 
Nice clip

Very cool!!I also love the part where he raises his eyebrows at the girl.Then they all start brawling at the end.Funny as hell.Thanks for sharing.
 
Last edited:
Must've been some trick camera work....don't think the guy in the white shirt was really out in that game. :p :rolleyes: :D
 
Even in a movie Efren looks and acts humble.

Ever notice when he makes the z bank shot against Earl, Efren lifts his arm in the air like in a fist pump action but then changes it to look like he was just stretching? How can you not love that guy?
 
I'm pretty sure....

I wish somebody could provide subtitles. It is not in English, and I still enjoyed it. :p

that the guy in the hat walked over to Efren in between his shots and said
"it's just like a nightmare.... it just keeps getting worse and worse"....


:grin:


td
 
Even in a movie Efren looks and acts humble.

Ever notice when he makes the z bank shot against Earl, Efren lifts his arm in the air like in a fist pump action but then changes it to look like he was just stretching? How can you not love that guy?

... and it's an even bigger challenge to STAY humble when you're the greatest player on earth :yeah:
 
... and it's an even bigger challenge to STAY humble when you're the greatest player on earth :yeah:

Man, I really don't think he even tries. It's just his nature. It's innate for Efren. It would be hard for him to be any different.

JoeyA
 
Back
Top