Anyone Know Of A Guy From Carolinas Who Did Trickshots w/His Mouth?

Kickin' Chicken

Kick Shot Aficionado
Silver Member
in the 80's there was a guy who did impressive trick shots using his mouth to spit out the cue ball and he was good at making the shots. The downside as you might expect was a lot of spit all over the balls and table. Not only did he spit out the cue but he also flung the cue ball with his head movement for some shots.

he would even use an oversized barbox mudball for some shots.

Anyone ever seen this guy?

best,
brian kc

mikemosconi

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I have seen a video of him doing these cue ball from the mouth shots- fairly disgusting in my opinion- and not something we are likely to see again anytime soon. Thank goodness! Always makes me wonder what kind of an idiot would want to do things like this - but then again- not for me to judge- just not much fun to watch as entertainment for me.

middleofnowhere

Registered
in the 80's there was a guy who did impressive trick shots using his mouth to spit out the cue ball and he was good at making the shots. The downside as you might expect was a lot of spit all over the balls and table. Not only did he spit out the cue but he also flung the cue ball with his head movement for some shots.

best,
brian kc

while there may be others the famous guy was Steve Simpson. (Cue ball kid)

Charlie Hustle

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
If I'm not mistaken, there was a player some time back who would gamble against anyone playing with his mouth. The only stipulation is he got "ball in mouth" on every shot. The other player got to use his cue like normal. I believe his name is Justin Cone, aka the Roadman...but I could be wrong, I've drank a lot of Crown since then.

mikesan

Registered
I saw him once at a tournament that I beleive was in South Carolina.
He was a warmup for Mike Massey.

He came out and said" People ask me what I do for a living, and I tell them "I Blow Balls".
That got everybody's attention!

With that he put a cue ball fully in his mouth, hand rolled an 8 ball to the far end rail and back like a lag. As it came back he spit the cue ball out of his mouth 3 rails to make the 8 back where he was standing.

Don't remember his name.

ShootingArts

Smorg is giving St Peter the 7!
Gold Member
Silver Member
Spitball Charlie

Pretty sure he was or is a regular trick shot competitor as well as his specialty of spitting the cue ball out of his mouth.

I don't know if it is the same guy but "Spitball Charlie Darling" put on an exhibition with Mike Massey after Katrina to aid victims. He has several video's on youtube, this is just the first one. I didn't watch it to see if he showed off his specialty.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=70eTFaRXruY

I talked to him a bit before the show. Charlie Darling is a hell of a nice guy as well as generous with his time. Quite an all around trick shot artist too. I don't remember a huge amount of spit flying when he showed off his specialty but that was many years ago. Maybe his trademark huge mustache catches it!:thumbup:

I don't call myself a fan of anyone remembering it comes from fanatic. However Charlie gets my vote as good guy of the year and quite a talented individual.

Hu

peppersauce

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

best,
brian kc

Spitball Charlie?

Attachments

• AE2F1185-8EFE-4B02-B798-25CB5D300E6E.jpeg
    AE2F1185-8EFE-4B02-B798-25CB5D300E6E.jpeg
    47.6 KB · Views: 462

HNTFSH

Birds, Bass & Bottoms
Silver Member
PHEW!!! For a minute when I saw the tread title I thought Jamie hijacked your account. :eek:

Oh, and yea...that gals phone number would be great if I can beat Tate to it. PM is fine.

Last edited:

Poolhall60561

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Pretty sure he was or is a regular trick shot competitor as well as his specialty of spitting the cue ball out of his mouth.

I don't know if it is the same guy but "Spitball Charlie Darling" put on an exhibition with Mike Massey after Katrina to aid victims. He has several video's on youtube, this is just the first one. I didn't watch it to see if he showed off his specialty.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=70eTFaRXruY

I talked to him a bit before the show. Charlie Darling is a hell of a nice guy as well as generous with his time. Quite an all around trick shot artist too. I don't remember a huge amount of spit flying when he showed off his specialty but that was many years ago. Maybe his trademark huge mustache catches it!:thumbup:

I don't call myself a fan of anyone remembering it comes from fanatic. However Charlie gets my vote as good guy of the year and quite a talented individual.

Hu
Thanks for posting the link.
Charlie has skills. I’m going to try the beer glass trick later today. Going to have to pass on blowing the ball but he really got that cue ball moving.

cueman

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Spitball Charlie was right but I don't think his last name was Darling. For sure not the guy in the above picture.

jay helfert

Shoot Pool, not people
Gold Member
Silver Member
while there may be others the famous guy was Steve Simpson. (Cue ball kid)

That's the guy! I watched him do his thing several times. He was a good guy, friendly and funny, and he could really spit the cue ball accurately, shooting it three rails to kick balls in and stuff like that. He was the best I ever saw at that game by far. He may be still alive. He would be about my age (70ish).

lfigueroa

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

best,
brian kc

There was a guy up in MT -- Mike "Chewy" Chewakin -- who did that as part of his repertoire back in the 70's.

Here in St. Louis we have "Spitball Charlie" aka Charles Darling.

Lou Figueroa

garczar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

best,
brian kc
Just curious here but what is the fascination with the 'side-show' acts of the pool world? First its was the flipper dude now the blow-baller. Is there a Siamese twin right/left hand shooting road player next? Like i said, just wondering is all.

jay helfert

Shoot Pool, not people
Gold Member
Silver Member
There was a guy up in MT -- Mike "Chewy" Chewakin -- who did that as part of his repertoire back in the 70's.

Here in St. Louis we have "Spitball Charlie" aka Charles Darling.

Lou Figueroa

Chewy was a good player, the best in Montana for many years. He just seemed to fall off the map about 15-20 years ago. Just wonder if he is still alive. I liked Mike and was always glad to see him at a tournament. He came to a couple of my first U.S. Bar Table Championships in Reno. Probably the last time I saw him.

Kickin' Chicken

Kick Shot Aficionado
Silver Member
Just curious here but what is the fascination with the 'side-show' acts of the pool world? First its was the flipper dude now the blow-baller. Is there a Siamese twin right/left hand shooting road player next? Like i said, just wondering is all.

I like to know about all of the colorful characters in pool and to post here about them allows some to learn a little if they've never heard of them or add some info if they may have run into them.

Look what happened in the thread so far; we learned more about Tori, Chewy, and even ID'd Spitball Charlie Darling. :thumbup:

I was gonna post another "Which tip is better?" thread but changed my mind at the last minute. ;)

best,
brian kc

Last edited:

decent dennis

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Charlie is a real nice guy that can also play a lights out game. First saw him in Columbia,Mo in early 80's.
Saw him last year at a benefit at Kenny's in Barnhart ,Mo. Always forget to ask, how do you figure out you can do this.