anyone looking to put me in us open

sjm

Older and Wiser
Silver Member
Pleased to see you doing well at the Open so far, John. Here's wishing you continued success.

Purdman

Banned
MyraCurfs said:
Deuel Defeats Archer in Chesapeake

As day four of the US Open draws to a close, the winners side is now down to just sixteen players.

Top p[ayers still unbeaten include Corey Deuel, Gabe Owen, Mika Immonen, Earl Strickland, John Schmidt, Ronnie Alcano, Charlie Bryant, Ryan McCreesh, Troy Frank and Darren Appleton. Deuel remained unbeaten via a hill-hill victory over Johnny Archer.

Friday will see winners side matches featuring Gabe Owen vs Corey Deuel, Robb Saez vs Mika Immonen, Troy Frank vs Ryan McCreesh and Earl Strickland vs CJ Wiley.

Thursday play saw the end of the line as top players including Charlie Williams, Allen Hopkins, Tang Hoa and Wade Crane were handed their second losses.

Online brackets are updated and will be updated again on Friday afternoon

So who made the deal!!??

Purdman :D :D :D :D :D

gregory

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
With john doing so well so far, I was wondering where he'd need to finish to make his backer some money. Last year, 17-24 paid $2500 and 13-16 paid $3000. From that, I'm guessing John would need to finish at least 17-24.

Right now, it looks to me like even if he loses his next match, he'd be "loser of D7," which would give him at least 17-24. And I think a good bet to win his next match, in which case he is at least 9-12, which paid $3500 last year. So it looks like his backer will come out pretty well.

If he wins his next match, it gets really tough for him, with Earl probably next, and then probably Gabe, Corey or Alcano. Not that John couldn't beat these guys, but they are all mighty tough.

Purdman

Banned
At this point, whoever is on top of their game and gets a few good rolls, is gonna take it all. It could be anyone of the unbeaten 16. I am rooting for our very own John Schmidt myself!
Purdman

ironman

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Purdman said:
At this point, whoever is on top of their game and gets a few good rolls, is gonna take it all. It could be anyone of the unbeaten 16. I am rooting for our very own John Schmidt myself!
Purdman

Have a Blast!!!!!

MyraCurfs

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
wel John is down with the last 12 players.... not bad at all. Congrats John and Purdmann!

Last edited:

Mystick Cue Fan

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
MyraCurfs said:
wel John is dwon with the last 12 players.... not bad at all. Congrats John and Purdmann!

many Purdy you are going to make a score here. :D I think I need to be thrown a jelly.....:D

ironman

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Mystick Cue Fan said:
many Purdy you are going to make a score here. :D I think I need to be thrown a jelly.....:D

Hey Mister, get back to the back of the line.

boradriver

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
John

I wish I had scrapped together the money to take John up on his offer for anyone to back him. Hope you take down the Open John.

JimmyB500

JimmyB
Silver Member
This is what happens to people that help others and give a cue away to somebody and things like that. Take it down man. TAKE IT DOWN!!!!!!!!

Mystick Cue Fan

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
ironman said:
Hey Mister, get back to the back of the line.

HEY:mad: ........I think I have priority for selling him that cue he has in his avatar. :p You're not the Boss of me.....:mad: Wanna play some cheap sets next week....:D j/k. Just out of curiousity. What would you give up to a sucker like me? :p Oh and when is the next fast eddies in San Antonio. I heard Nov. But wasn't sure.

Tony

ironman

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Mystick Cue Fan said:
HEY:mad: ........I think I have priority for selling him that cue he has in his avatar. :p You're not the Boss of me.....:mad: Wanna play some cheap sets next week....:D j/k. Just out of curiousity. What would you give up to a sucker like me? :p Oh and when is the next fast eddies in San Antonio. I heard Nov. But wasn't sure.

Tony

Ok, OK!!!
I'll spot you all the barbed wire you can eat.
The next one in SA is Nov 18-19.
Take care Tony.

recoveryjones

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
John Schmidt is now in the final.
Will the naysayers and flamers humbily step forward and apologize for their comments?
Congrats to the Purdman for generously supporting him.
RJ

cueball1950

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Yo Donny Baby....my friend...lolol

Purdman said:
Purdman

Yo Don.....was great to finally meet you. Congrats on the nice pick. Always knew you had the brains to pick the long shot winner....gotta butter ya up don..Maybe i can get a bone....lolol.....lmao at all the dissenters...Have fun with it and see you again soon. And thanks for your thoughts and prayers...you are indeed a great man and a friend..:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D..............................mike

crosseyedjoe

Anywhere but here
Silver Member
This is just odd for a VERY rich country. How come benefactors are very small in number? Or maybe some players are just looking at the wrong place?

av84fun

Banned
CONGRATULATIONS JOHN...Now we all wish we had sponsored you. I hope you bought in by yourself so you can keep it all!!!

Regards,
Jim

Eieio59

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Hey John (and Purdy)...

Congrats guys! Awesome job.

John - how cool IS it???

Totally................. :D

Just wanted to pass along our congrats.....

Tammie n Troy Jones

Cuaba

Livin Large
Silver Member
Congrats John!
This thread was probably the best investment opportunity ever offered on this forum. I'm sure I am one of many who regrets not taking you up on your offer.