Arizona pool player thread

tucson9ball

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Not good...

I wouldn't go as far as saying Deleon is playing again, but he did show up lol.

How did you end up Mr Tucson?

I ended up 17/24th, I didn't play very well. The 7 ball and I had to have a serious talk after the tournament. :frown: I think I dogged that ball maybe 6 times in 2 matches.

12310bch

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I get my left eye de-cataracted on Monday. Supposedly I am legally blind in that eye. My other eye will follow in about 3 weeks. That's why I have been inactive tourney-wise since I was diagnosed. Why waste my money if I can't see the effing ball? Now if I could only find me a doctor who can give me a stroke.

Man, I'm gettin' itchy feet for Peoria Avenue.

12310bch

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
One eye done successfully yesterday. My vision hasn't normalized yet but it's getting better every hour. Even if it doesn't up my game a little it will be a pleasure to play without glasses. My right eye gets done about the middle
of March so I won't seen in my usual haunts until late March /early April. I feel that I'm going to bust out strong with my new eyes.
What the hell is everybody else doing in Arizona for action lately? Gettin' any action lately, 'Chasen' Jason?'

stuckart

Paint Dry Watching Champ
Silver Member
Well, Ed Scott, just finished tied for 9th-12th at the US Bar Table Championships in the 10-ball Division.

Tied with a couple chumps named: Glen Atwell, Francisco Bustamante and Rodney Morris.

Mitch Ellerman cashed at 13th-16th.

Scott Frost went 2 & Out

A bunch of other AZ players made the trip that are hoping for better results in the 9 and 8-ball events.

Susan Williams is in the final 6 of the women's 10-ball.

Stacy Allsup is in the fight, (not an AZ girl, but playing the AWBT), and her friend Rebecca Wagner (also a Vegas girl, but AWBT player) has the hot seat!

http://ctsondemand.com/TournamentHome.aspx?TournamentID=4812017

Fast Lenny

Faster Than You...
Silver Member
One eye done successfully yesterday. My vision hasn't normalized yet but it's getting better every hour. Even if it doesn't up my game a little it will be a pleasure to play without glasses. My right eye gets done about the middle
of March so I won't seen in my usual haunts until late March /early April. I feel that I'm going to bust out strong with my new eyes.
What the hell is everybody else doing in Arizona for action lately? Gettin' any action lately, 'Chasen' Jason?'

Well it looks like we play 9/7 now sharp shooter when your eyes are ready. :thumbup:

As for my latest, I have been playing decent, won my last challenge match with Jason Polk, 1 pocket 4-1 and the 10 ball hill-hill, so I am 8-0 currently. Rematch with Chad Barber is scheduled at Kolbys for the beginning of March. Normal action for me with Ronn, Bernie, Jimmy, Frost and others at Kolby's. I had Mike Lalumiere aka Mlalum bark at me to play some 9-6, he has a ton of heart and gamble. :p

P.S. Just a word of advice to pool players, when you bark at someone do not ask for weight as you look like a $hithead no playing jabroni. Who goes up to someone barking and asking for 10-6 or something like that anyway and when I do not take the bait then I all of a sudden have no heart because I do not want to give up the nuts. Its like asking for the 7 out from a person 1 rating higher and thinking you got heart and gamble.

Fast Lenny

Faster Than You...
Silver Member
Well, Ed Scott, just finished tied for 9th-12th at the US Bar Table Championships in the 10-ball Division.

Tied with a couple chumps named: Glen Atwell, Francisco Bustamante and Rodney Morris.

Mitch Ellerman cashed at 13th-16th.

Scott Frost went 2 & Out

A bunch of other AZ players made the trip that are hoping for better results in the 9 and 8-ball events.

Susan Williams is in the final 6 of the women's 10-ball.

Stacy Allsup is in the fight, (not an AZ girl, but playing the AWBT), and her friend Rebecca Wagner (also a Vegas girl, but AWBT player) has the hot seat!

http://ctsondemand.com/TournamentHome.aspx?TournamentID=4812017

Thanks for the updates, a few AZ players went 2 and out it looks like. Rebecca is playing very good, there might be a possibility of her and Angel matching up sometime in the future.

CocoboloCowboy

Cowboys are my hero's
Silver Member

George are you two going to give up on the trying to not blend in?

12310bch

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Second eye done Monday. Can't wait to get on the felt again. Don't need no effing glasses. This operation is so easy for the patient. If your old , got cataracts, you think your vision is affecting your game, and if you have insurance, there is no excuse not to do it. No hospital stay, 20 minutes of your time, no pain, you don't even have to take your shirt or shoes off. I wish I would've done it 5 years ago.:joyful:

stuckart

Paint Dry Watching Champ
Silver Member
Second eye done Monday. Can't wait to get on the felt again. Don't need no effing glasses. This operation is so easy for the patient. If your old , got cataracts, you think your vision is affecting your game, and if you have insurance, there is no excuse not to do it. No hospital stay, 20 minutes of your time, no pain, you don't even have to take your shirt or shoes off. I wish I would've done it 5 years ago.:joyful:

When do you get to play again? I might be "working from home" a few days this week, including Wednesday.

stuckart

Paint Dry Watching Champ
Silver Member
If you haven't tried the scotch doubles tourney on Sunday Evenings from Bullshooters, you are missing out.

It's a Max handicap of 16, race to Hdcp-8, 9-ball, min race to 4.

Ray Shobe and I played in it last night and took it down. Heard we were the first 16 rated team to win it.

$530 for 1st place, not bad for a tournament that starts at 5 p.m. and gets done around 1. 18 teams this week, 20 the week before.

CocoboloCowboy

Cowboys are my hero's
Silver Member
BREAKING OLD NEWS...LOL the Ox Bar has closed in EAST Phoenix. How Cow I can not believe it, as the play was always packed.

12310bch

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
If you haven't tried the scotch doubles tourney on Sunday Evenings from Bullshooters, you are missing out.

It's a Max handicap of 16, race to Hdcp-8, 9-ball, min race to 4.

Ray Shobe and I played in it last night and took it down. Heard we were the first 16 rated team to win it.

$530 for 1st place, not bad for a tournament that starts at 5 p.m. and gets done around 1. 18 teams this week, 20 the week before.

I've played in it 4 times . Got 4th once. My partner and i split 20 bucks for that. Actually it's a nice tourney.actually , if things go a certain way , Sunday can be a busy day. Kitty's 6 and under at 1:00. Get blown out, dash over to Bullshooters for scotch doubles at 5:00. Whoops! Things don't go so well, run over to Metro 6 and under at 7:30. I've done it.
My name is George. I am a pool degenerate.:banghead:

Jerry , pM me your telephone #.

CocoboloCowboy

Cowboys are my hero's
Silver Member
I know the owner, the customers, and the neighborhood very well. Not even remotely surprised it closed.

Rick IMHO did a good job of PR, Talking To Customers, Greeting Customers, Thanking Customers for their Business, and yes the Neighborhood was shall crappy.

But Rick did things to keep customers coming back those little things that build a business. Those little thing cost a few bucks, but return big bucks.

Like I said I would have not bet on the OX Closing, I consider it one bar that would be around into 2015.

That is why I will never own a Bar, I don't know wait works, and don't work.

Spider1

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rick IMHO did a good job of PR, Talking To Customers, Greeting Customers, Thanking Customers for their Business, and yes the Neighborhood was shall crappy.

But Rick did things to keep customers coming back those little things that build a business. Those little thing cost a few bucks, but return big bucks.

Like I said I would have not bet on the OX Closing, I consider it one bar that would be around into 2015.

That is why I will never own a Bar, I don't know wait works, and don't work.

There's a reason the previous owners sold it, and without clearing house and posting a doorman that was not going to change.

How many times did you go in there? I ask because you paint an awful rosy picture.

Fast Lenny

Faster Than You...
Silver Member
I am looking to play an 8 this weekend in an all around format, you pick a game and I pick a game, we go to a 3rd game for the decider where we will each pick 2 games and the 1 game drawn from a hat is the one we play for the tie breaker....if it gets that far. If I already played you in the format I would like to play someone new first. This is a King of 8s challenge match, a little bit of money and bragging rights. Match will be at Kolby's in Tempe, let me know if your interested.