AZ member screwed by Bill Stroud of Josswest

Status
Not open for further replies.

iba7467

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Most everyone knows that mhaimi won a contest that Bill Stroud started. Link: here The contest was for a unique custom cue that would challenge even Bill to build. Since Bill has failed on his commitment, I would still like to make mhaimi's dream cue come true.

I will donate $80 towards his dream cue to be built by a respectable cuemaker, which I feel Bill Stroud no longer is. If others will chip in maybe a cue maker will step up and offer a significant discount in understanding of the situation as well as all the free publicity here. Cue sketch is attached at bottom of post.

I will not collect any money unless this becomes realistic.

Anyone else interested? If so, let's keep this on page 1.

Total pledged $350.

Attachments

• azbilliardssketch.jpg
    azbilliardssketch.jpg
    74.4 KB · Views: 2,289
Last edited:

Blue Hog ridr

World Famous Fisherman.
Silver Member
Thats mighty nice of you guys to do this. The many times generosity like this has been witnessed here on AZ, I am sure that there will be enuff to cover the cost of a real nice cue. It shouldn't have had to come to this extent.

Bill should be absolutely ashamed of himself for AZ members to have to come to the rescue and take over for him.
If I were him, I wouldn't be able show my face in public for quite some time.

This is the AZ Family. Pretty serious cool, isn't it?

I'm only working relief at the hospital at this moment but when the time comes, I'm good for my share. Count on it.

Last edited:

iba7467

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
We are at $220 right now. If anyone wishes to remain anonymous you may PM me. I will update the money on post 1 as it is offered.

atthecat

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
What's the deal? I didn't hear about this. He didn't come through on the contest winner???

iba7467

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
What's the deal? I didn't hear about this. He didn't come through on the contest winner???

Seriously??? You missed a lot then as this is the third thread plus the original one about it. Search for Bill Stroud from Chicken or myself and that should locate them. I will post links here later.

Bavafongoul

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I Can't Friggn' Believe This

This is absurd....raising money because some contest winner got screwed on getting a friggin' pool cue.........Come On.....if ya wanna raise money for a "good, earnest, worthwhile cause", put the task at hand to helping Mike Kennedy and other fellow Azers that have had "genuine" medical hardships far outweighing and surpassing any disappointment over not getting some cue you won.

I can't believe people are rallying to this absurd cause........Over $200 raised for a cue that never was..........this just goes to prove how screwed up some people's values are nowadays.

bullshot

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
This is absurd....raising money because some contest winner got screwed on getting a friggin' pool cue.........Come On.....if ya wanna raise money for a "good, earnest, worthwhile cause", put the task at hand to helping Mike Kennedy and other fellow Azers that have had "genuine" medical hardships far outweighing and surpassing any disappointment over not getting some cue you won.

I can't believe people are rallying to this absurd cause........Over $200 raised for a cue that never was..........this just goes to prove how screwed up some people's values are nowadays.

Who are you to call it an absurd cause? What about people who donate money to MS research, is that absurd too because they could be donating it to cancer research instead? hell no. I don't understand why you have to come in this thread with your guilt trip when all they're trying to do is help someone out. Maybe you should run for AZB treasurer so you can tell people how to spend their money.

Blue Hog ridr

World Famous Fisherman.
Silver Member
Bava, the point of this thread went completely over your head, which shouldn't surprise any but yourself.

Would you like someone to PM you and explain it?

In the long run, its AZ family, its what we do and we will decide what is a good cause and what isn't.

If you're not interested, why would you feel the need to p iss on a good thread.

randallt6

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

I actually agree with this. People will donate 50$ to someone who won a contest and didn't receive their pool cue yet that 50$ could go to people in dire need, not somebody who got screwed over in a contest for a friggen pool cue. It doesn't make much sense to me.

randallt6

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I actually agree with this. People will donate 50$ to someone who won a contest and didn't receive their pool cue yet that 50$ could go to people in dire need, not somebody who got screwed over in a contest for a friggen pool cue. It doesn't make much sense to me.

Of course all do respect to people who have donated.... Maybe I am speaking too soon and don't understand the full story. But from what I understand this is kind of twisted. Again I may be misunderstanding this whole situation. I would love someone to explain it to me so I could understand entirely because it doesn't seem to make much sense right now.

jbcases-mike

General Service
Silver Member
We donate to what motivates us. Sometimes that is for hardship, sometimes to bring someone pleasure. There is no limit to what people can do with their money.

Bigtruck

Capt Diff Lock
Gold Member
Silver Member

I think this thread is motivated by the competitive nature of many people that play pool. Many things we do can be minimized by bigger issues. I ain't mad at em. It was a nice gesture.

Robley, the AZ Horse was also promised a cue last October. He has yet to receive it or even know what the current status is.

Amanda Townsend, girlfriend of Jonathan Hennessee, was beaten and left for dead by some "home invader" punks. She survived but has no insurance and has racked up hospital bills in the 10's of thousands.

Danny Medina is in need of Chemo medicine to save his life, but can't afford it.

I'm sure there is more.

Let it be folks. Let us thank ALL the kind hearted people that are a part of this community.

Ray

iba7467

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

I can appreciate your opinions. The reason I chose to offer was that so many people on this site had a vested interest in the result. This is pool-related. This contest did generate as much interest as any thread in recent history. Many people spent hours designing and submitting their entries. Imagine the outcry if those hours were capitalized and Bill Stroud had received $8,000 raffle style. Would that make it any worse???

There are of course other causes, Bigtruck mentioned a few much more deserving, but much less related to this site and another similar issue. To those who choose to belittle those of us who wish to contribute please confirm that you never go out to eat and live the most meager existence possible so that you can maximize your giving. Let's face it, our discretionary income is our own to do with what we will. Unless someone is paying to slap babies let them do what they want with it without demeaning the idea.

Thanks

Last edited:

Bambu

Dave Manasseri
Silver Member
All I wanna know is, how long did you give Bill to produce the cue before you lynched him?

SpiderWebComm

HelpImBeingOppressed
Silver Member
All I wanna know is, how long did you give Bill to produce the cue before you lynched him?

Coming up on nearly 2 years. He stated just before the contest that nearly any cue could be built within 2-4 weeks - if the cuemaker wishes.

The DYD isn't the only issue-- others have come forward saying they had to physically get deposts/payments back from the man because he MIA'd with their money.

I'm suuuuuuuuure Bill's actions are totally within reason and the entire community here is lynching him for no reason, unfairly.:rolleyes:

I personally thinks he deserves a lynching. I won't give him a free pass because of his name. If anything, I expect MORE from him. He should be an example-setter and not a flake.

PoolSharkAllen

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Coming up on nearly 2 years. He stated just before the contest that nearly any cue could be built within 2-4 weeks - if the cuemaker wishes.

The DYD isn't the only issue-- others have come forward saying they had to physically get deposts/payments back from the man because he MIA'd with their money.

I'm suuuuuuuuure Bill's actions are totally within reason and the entire community here is lynching him for no reason, unfairly.:rolleyes:

I personally thinks he deserves a lynching. I won't give him a free pass because of his name. If anything, I expect MORE from him. He should be an example-setter and not a flake.
Let's be consistent and lynch all the other cue and case makers who take more than, say six months, to deliver on their products and services. :rolleyes: :smile:

Status
Not open for further replies.