AZBilliards Cue Build off cues revealed

ftgokie

D player extraordinaire
Silver Member
Shawn, I think maybe you are taking mistakingly his words out of context. He was counseling me about putting you in a position to where you were catching heat, not saying you did anything to deserve it. His words were not foul nor untrue. I made a mistake in trying to do something nice, and it inadvertantly backfired by focusing undue heat on you. That was the point he was making. I think Mr. Biddle & everybody is more than happy with everything you have done. He was just making a statement about my lapse of better judgement causing hardship for a friend.

I know it's hard for backwoods okies like you to comprehend complex conversation, so I think he'll understand the miscomm. LOL J/K seriously, tho, i'm pretty sure it was me he was scolding, not you. I was just posting a response to ensure nobody had any misunderstandings of you being involved.

Backwoods Okies? Man, its been a loooong day. Maybe I didnt understand what John was saying....if I did, I am sorry for that John.

Backwoods Okies?

original.jpg

qbilder

slower than snails
Silver Member
Aint no thang. We all get busy with things or read too fast & misunderstand something. Heck, i'm a pro at misunderstanding stuff LOL

Fast Lenny

Faster Than You...
Silver Member
I was on the list to review the cues and wish I could have but I have been so overextended lately that I can barely find the time to shave my face. It looks like this went well and hopefully another one of these is put together. Kudos to Eric for showing us all how things should be handled, all class brother. :)

Powerlifter

Rat in a cage
Silver Member
I don't post much on here,but took a lot of interest in this build off. It has been great to read from start to finish. Ftgokie deserves a lot of credit for orchestrating all of this. Thank you for putting in the time.

Eric Crisp,I actually went to high school with you.After reading the outcome of the build off I can say you are definitely are a very classy person.Also, I played with one of your cues you made for a local bar owner..Best cue i've ever shot with.

qbilder

slower than snails
Silver Member
I don't post much on here,but took a lot of interest in this build off. It has been great to read from start to finish. Ftgokie deserves a lot of credit for orchestrating all of this. Thank you for putting in the time.

Eric Crisp,I actually went to high school with you.After reading the outcome of the build off I can say you are definitely are a very classy person.Also, I played with one of your cues you made for a local bar owner..Best cue i've ever shot with.

You gotta PM me who you are. And why have we not played pool together? I'll be coming back up north in a month or so for a cue show in Dayton. Let's hook up & i'll take you for dinner & a beer, then go hit some.

Powerlifter

Rat in a cage
Silver Member
You gotta PM me who you are. And why have we not played pool together? I'll be coming back up north in a month or so for a cue show in Dayton. Let's hook up & i'll take you for dinner & a beer, then go hit some.

pm sent..nobody that loves pool can turn that offer down :thumbup:

John Biddle

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Shawn, I think maybe you are taking mistakingly his words out of context. He was counseling me about putting you in a position to where you were catching heat, not saying you did anything to deserve it. His words were not foul nor untrue. I made a mistake in trying to do something nice, and it inadvertantly backfired by focusing undue heat on you. That was the point he was making. I think Mr. Biddle & everybody is more than happy with everything you have done. He was just making a statement about my lapse of better judgement causing hardship for a friend.

I know it's hard for backwoods okies like you to comprehend complex conversation, so I think he'll understand the miscomm. LOL J/K seriously, tho, i'm pretty sure it was me he was scolding, not you. I was just posting a response to ensure nobody had any misunderstandings of you being involved.

Eric, you read me correctly. I believe that you had the very best of intentions to stand by your friend in need, but I think it had (perhaps) unanticipated consequences that weren't good for anyone. I think that by writing your post owning up to what happened you have done everything you can at this point to make it right. I think you're a stand up guy, and I'm glad you saw that that was my intent, even if I didn't say it as clearly as I might have. Best of luck to you and your business in these tough economic times.

Shawn, I'm sorry you took offense to my message. I hope Eric's comments have cleared things up for you. I have only the highest praise for you in this endeavor. Here's what I said back on 7/20:

Thank-you Shawn for having this idea, taking the initiative to follow up on the idea and having the fortitude to stick it out until the end. You have done a great service to you fellow AZBers; not just enabling many of them to participate in a one of a kind experiment, but showing all AZBers that such large scale experiments are possible.

Your spirit and your generosity are an example to us all. Congratulations, sir, on a job very well done!

I took this project seriously and am happy to have played a small part in its success. I wish you success in your future build-off efforts and hope I'm back in your good graces.

ftgokie

D player extraordinaire
Silver Member
Eric, you read me correctly. I believe that you had the very best of intentions to stand by your friend in need, but I think it had (perhaps) unanticipated consequences that weren't good for anyone. I think that by writing your post owning up to what happened you have done everything you can at this point to make it right. I think you're a stand up guy, and I'm glad you saw that that was my intent, even if I didn't say it as clearly as I might have. Best of luck to you and your business in these tough economic times.

Shawn, I'm sorry you took offense to my message. I hope Eric's comments have cleared things up for you. I have only the highest praise for you in this endeavor. Here's what I said back on 7/20:

I took this project seriously and am happy to have played a small part in its success. I wish you success in your future build-off efforts and hope I'm back in your good graces.

No problem John..alot is on my plate right now with opening the new pool hall....I just misunderstood you.....it was my mistake and im sorry

SK Custom Cues

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

I know, it does kinda sound like Mr. John Biddle's tone was that of an old father-in-law with his finger pointing in your face, and I seriously did not like his tone one bit either, but I just gotta say,

backwoods okie is some funny chit I ain't heard in a long, long time on here. I am laughing my ass off right now. Not that I am any less backwoods than you are, with my 3/4 ton pick up and my cowboy boot wearin ass...... but for Eric to just come right out and let everyone know what a baked bean and potato salad eatin - ass okie you really are..... now that chit is funny my friend! but tarnished? not a chance...

Shawn is the most stand up guy I have met on here and I can vouch for that any day........ Thank you Shawn for doing this.... I am sure there are many others out there who owe you thanks as well......

ftgokie

D player extraordinaire
Silver Member
I know, it does kinda sound like Mr. John Biddle's tone was that of an old father-in-law with his finger pointing in your face, and I seriously did not like his tone one bit either, but I just gotta say,

backwoods okie is some funny chit I ain't heard in a long, long time on here. I am laughing my ass off right now. Not that I am any less backwoods than you are, with my 3/4 ton pick up and my cowboy boot wearin ass...... but for Eric to just come right out and let everyone know what a baked bean and potato salad eatin - ass okie you really are..... now that chit is funny my friend! but tarnished? not a chance...

Shawn is the most stand up guy I have met on here and I can vouch for that any day........ Thank you Shawn for doing this.... I am sure there are many others out there who owe you thanks as well......

Dammit, you guys quit....im getting all teary eyed :crying:

JB Cases

www.jbcases.com
Silver Member
I still would like to know which cue makers backed out.
Great job Shawn.

Would that be really productive?

It's done, they know who they are and what their reasons were. I doubt that any good would come of it disclosing their names.

So they backed out of participating in a contest. The contest could have been just as well done with four cues as with six.

Eric and Wes stepped up and built jam up cues in a few days. So they got to show off their skills. Scott Gracio came through under fire.

Let's celebrate the positive and let sleeping dogs lie.

ftgokie

D player extraordinaire
Silver Member
Would that be really productive?

It's done, they know who they are and what their reasons were. I doubt that any good would come of it disclosing their names.

So they backed out of participating in a contest. The contest could have been just as well done with four cues as with six.

Eric and Wes stepped up and built jam up cues in a few days. So they got to show off their skills. Scott Gracio came through under fire.

Let's celebrate the positive and let sleeping dogs lie.

I am not gonna OUT the 2 cuemakers, I thought about it long and hard, and I am just not going to do it. It will not make me feel any better, and it will not do us any good...it just will not be productive for us. If that rubs anyone the wrong way, I am sorry...thats my decision and you can only be mad at me for that...if your mad, or upset or think I should rat on them, I am sorry, I am not going to do that. If I thought it would affect anyone here on AZ, you bet your sweet ass I would, in a HEARTBEAT..but, I firmly believe nobody will be affected by them not participating in something that they ultimately volunteered for.

Shawn

12squared

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
I am not gonna OUT the 2 cuemakers, I thought about it long and hard, and I am just not going to do it. It will not make me feel any better, and it will not do us any good...it just will not be productive for us. If that rubs anyone the wrong way, I am sorry...thats my decision and you can only be mad at me for that...if your mad, or upset or think I should rat on them, I am sorry, I am not going to do that. If I thought it would affect anyone here on AZ, you bet your sweet ass I would, in a HEARTBEAT..but, I firmly believe nobody will be affected by them not participating in something that they ultimately volunteered for.

Shawn

I feel like I'm watching "Legally Blond". I just loved that she never gave up their client's alibi :thumbup:. I'm getting a tear, gotta go.

Nice job on the whole project, Shawn. Including this last part!

Dave

HeLLFiSH

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Denali Cues maker of cue #3 which Melissa Little (the only pro player to test the cues) deemed "BEST OVERALL".

Didnt John Morra try these out as well? Isnt he a Pro Player also? or is he a not well known Pro Player?

ftgokie

D player extraordinaire
Silver Member
This honestly just shows you that people are different, have different taste and likes.. and some people just plain ole dont have a clue as to what they are talking about....They just have a stick in thier hands and hit the balls with it. Thats me, I just hold the cue...hopefully with the tip to the cue and not hit with the butt.....and bang the hell out of the balls... :thumbup:

TripXQ

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
build off

I want to make a suggestion for the NEXT build off. I don't believe it to be necessary to restrict it to upper end multi-inlay CNC'd cues. The shipping liability alone would be hard to swallow. I still believe playability should be the main ingredient for the build off. This does not require a high $$$$ cue to be made in a short time. A high quality player's cue can be completed quickly as shown by this past event, if necessary.

The high end stuff also takes a while longer to design, compose and put into place. Remember those cues aren't played with as often because of value and collect-ability issues.

I would like to be considered in the future build off Shawn. This was a fine, well run and effective event. I know it had it's hassles but it generated much interest. I would like to be associated with any event you are interested in putting on based on your performance here.

Good luck in the future.
Tom Gedris, Triple Cross Cues:cool: