AZR's I met at the US Open

CrownCityCorey

Sock it to 'em!
Silver Member
Eric., cueball1950, JMD in VA, and KtownD.

I could have met more at the CCB dinner, but I was a cranky bitc* having been knocked out of the tournament earlier in the day.

I felt so "unsyatisfied!" Rounders-Malkovich @ about 6:10

Sorry to anyone that I did non say "hello" to. :sorry:
 
CrownCityCorey said:
Eric., cueball1950, JMD in VA, and KtownD.

I could have met more at the CCB dinner, but I was a cranky bitc* having been knocked out of the tournament earlier in the day.

I felt so "unsyatisfied!" Rounders-Malkovich @ about 6:10

Sorry to anyone that I did non say "hello" to. :sorry:

I met Jerry Forsyth, Mike Howerton, Jay Helfert, Fast Davie NC, DerekDisco, James Roberts, John Schmidt.

Apparently the place was crawling with AZers, and I find it a bit unfortunate I didn't meet more. :( Maybe next year AZers can all get an AZ logo tatooed on their forehead before coming. :thumbup:

Seriously though, it would be nice to have a couple rallying points: Ex. QMasters on a certain day at a certain time. Meet at an exhibitor's booth and show support to one of the hard working vendors here. Shots at the concession bar at midnight. Something... We could have a thread before and during where we could find a way to put faces to screen names.

Sorry I missed you CCC! Maybe next year. Or maybe the DCC.
 
It was good to meet you Corey. Even though the match didn't go your way I was impressed with your demeaor and ability. GL in the future.

I hesitate to do this because my memory fails me but........I met BrooklynJay, Poolmonkey, Eric, SunnyDay, Lunchmeat of TAR fame, officially met Jay Helfert and spoke to a few others without formal intros. I am sure there are some i may have forgotten, if so I apologize in advance.
 
Last edited:
i met alot of new friends and saw as many I know, it was great seeing everyone!!!! its cool knowing alot of people like this, i remember going to tournments years ago and recognizing alot of people-but it was different back then just alot of familiar faces but I didnt know them the way I do now, It great to know so many people so well-not just casual just aquintces. In a few more years tournments are going to be family reunions, it will be hard to find someone you dont know-real good.
 
There was a guy that said "thanks for reminding us to bring a jacket", meaning he read the post I made about the cold weather in Virginia. Didn't have time to stop and introduce myself and I felt bad about that, didn't get to meet anyone at Q-Masters either and I am still kicking myself about that one.

Hopefully next year or another event I will be able to meet up with more of you, the one that I spent a lot of time with is the one that put me out of the tournament, DAMN YOU FISH!!!

Just kidding Corey it's always good to see you and I am very appreciative of the efforts you have made to help me out. Thanks again and happy shooting everyone!!

p.s. anyone else going to Gainesville tomorrow for the Pechauer event?
 
KoolKat9Lives said:
I met Jerry Forsyth, Mike Howerton, Jay Helfert, Fast Davie NC, DerekDisco, James Roberts, John Schmidt.

Apparently the place was crawling with AZers, and I find it a bit unfortunate I didn't meet more. :( Maybe next year AZers can all get an AZ logo tatooed on their forehead before coming. :thumbup:

Seriously though, it would be nice to have a couple rallying points: Ex. QMasters on a certain day at a certain time. Meet at an exhibitor's booth and show support to one of the hard working vendors here. Shots at the concession bar at midnight. Something... We could have a thread before and during where we could find a way to put faces to screen names.

Sorry I missed you CCC! Maybe next year. Or maybe the DCC.

You forgot about meeting me i guess. Your video on youtube has about 2 minutes with me in it.
 
donny mills said:
You forgot about meeting me i guess. Your video on youtube has about 2 minutes with me in it.


i remember meeting you, :)

my very best to you

your buddy in Vegas,

eric.

BTW: nice playing the nite we met!
 
Yeah, you only saw me about 10 times, outside the arena, in the vendor area, and at the CCB dinner! But then again, you only met me last May, in Vegas, about 10 times (including when you very nicely gave me a last-minute ride back to Fatboy's house...where we both stayed), at the Riv, in the Tiger booth, and at Eric's house! Guess I don't make much of an impression...LOL Of course, you have to look down! Funny how you don't miss those other short guys...like Corey and Schmidt!

Scott Lee
www.poolknowledge.com

CrownCityCorey said:
Sorry to anyone that I did non say "hello" to. :sorry:
 
Scott Lee said:
Yeah, you only saw me about 10 times, outside the arena, in the vendor area, and at the CCB dinner! But then again, you only met me last May, in Vegas, about 10 times (including when you very nicely gave me a last-minute ride back to Fatboy's house...where we both stayed), at the Riv, in the Tiger booth, and at Eric's house! Guess I don't make much of an impression...LOL Of course, you have to look down! Funny how you don't miss those other short guys...like Corey and Schmidt!

Scott Lee
www.poolknowledge.com
In all those times that you saw him, did you say hello to him?
 
Most impressive AZ'er I saw was Donny Mills when he ran the set out against Kiamco for the dough.

I always heard the stories. Now I believe. :D

It always great to see old friends and meet new ones at the tournaments. To me the major events like the Open, Derby, and BCA are similar to a gathering of the tribe. You see people you haven't seen all year and you fall right into a comfortable rhythm and then its over and people scatter all over the world till the next gathering. It is one of my favorite things about the game.
 
Scott Lee said:
Yeah, you only saw me about 10 times, outside the arena, in the vendor area, and at the CCB dinner! But then again, you only met me last May, in Vegas, about 10 times (including when you very nicely gave me a last-minute ride back to Fatboy's house), at the Riv, in the Tiger booth, and at Eric's house! Guess I don't make much of an impression...LOL Of course, you have to look down! Funny how you don't miss those other short guys...like Corey and Schmidt!

Scott Lee
www.poolknowledge.com

Yeah, I wasn't listing all the AZR's I saw at the Open, just the ones I had met for the 1st time. :rolleyes:
 
JCIN said:
Most impressive AZ'er I saw was Donny Mills when he ran the set out against Kiamco for the dough.

I always heard the stories. Now I believe. :D

It always great to see old friends and meet new ones at the tournaments. To me the major events like the Open, Derby, and BCA are similar to a gathering of the tribe. You see people you haven't seen all year and you fall right into a comfortable rhythm and then its over and people scatter all over the world till the next gathering. It is one of my favorite things about the game.


For sure Donny is the real deal, great guy too. Funny story-I cut my hand real bad with my knife when I took it out of the sheath it is in(to cut my food)-I awalys wear a knife, anyways I cut myself real bad and it hurt worse than any cut I have eve had, I dont know why, So I go into the wash room to rinse it off-it wouldnt stop bleeding with pressure. So i'm in the washroon at Q-Master and its a big room, I put my hand under the water and WOW did it hurt, I thought I was alone and screamed out loud in pain, I couldnt help it-it was that bad, right then I see Donny, he said something like "you ok man?", I didnt know he was there, it was kinda embarassing, but I couldnt help it. I said "Sure man just bleeding to death", he said "Ok, no problem take care" LOL or somethinmg like that-he wasnt going to leave me to die, I could see he made sure I was OK. I cant remember the exact words I was in to much pain, but for sure I looked like a idiot. Seriously Donny is a great player and guy too for sure, i hope I get to know him better over time, he is a first class gentalman.
 
Last edited:
Back
Top