Balabushka/Gus Szamboti GB-GS Ebony & Notched Diamonds MOP

bklynjava

I use PK...UFIGUREITOUT
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
66   0   0
New condition Balabushka Model GB-GS. Price Lowered -> $OLD SOLD SOLD OBO FINAL PRICE DROP - HAPPY NEW YEAR!!! You can see the same cue at PoolDawg hear -> https://www.pooldawg.com/balabushka-gbgs-pool-cue

Joint Protectors and 2 shafts both 13mm with original tips.

This cue features four ebony points with black and maple veneers, three notched diamonds in each point and a Birdseye maple forearm. The handle wrap matches the ebony points and is a traditional, slightly textured, black leather wrap. The butt sleeve is ebony wood with 12 notched Mother-Of-Pearl diamonds with maple dots surrounding the center diamond. The cue also has two silver rings above and below the wrap as well as above the white butt cap.

Specs:
Birdseye Maple Forearm, Natural Stain, (4) Point Splice Ebony, with Traditional Bushka Veneers - Three notched diamond Mother of pearl inlays in each point
Stainless Steel Joint Collar with 5/16-14 Pin
Black textured Leather Wrap
Ebony Butt Sleeve with notched diamond Mother of pearl inlays and dots
Canadian Maple Shaft, 13 mm Pro Taper, Phenolic Collar with Silver Ring, Brass Pilot Wood Wrap,
Juma Ferrule & Pro Layered Tip
Custom Joint Protectors with Logo
George Balabushka Signature

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

6.jpg

7.jpg

8.jpg

Last edited:

deanoc

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
421   0   0
i can understand putting balabushkas name on these cues,
his family sold the rights

but what right do they have using Gus Szamboti, i am sure his
family didn't

bklynjava

I use PK...UFIGUREITOUT
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
66   0   0

family didn't

I think it's considered the Gus Szamboti Era. It's listed on other sites with that term as well.

ribdoner

SATISFACTION GUARANTEED
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
58   0   0
I think it's considered the Gus Szamboti Era. It's listed on other sites with that term as well.

Does Gus Szamboti era infer that it's a Balabushka knock off to resemble the cues he made when he was using Szamboti prongs?

To be clear this cue was made by the Adams factory in Japan, right?

larry732

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
208   0   0
I owned more then one original Balabushka cues and these replicas hit fantastic, There are people that claim the person in charge of the manufacture is the owner of Mezz cues. I tried one a few months ago, now it is my regular player right out of the 60's.

measureman

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I owned more then one original Balabushka cues and these replicas hit fantastic, There are people that claim the person in charge of the manufacture is the owner of Mezz cues. I tried one a few months ago, now it is my regular player right out of the 60's.

I have heard that the ones made in Japan were pretty good cues.
Then the production moved to China and they are not as good.

jimmyg

Mook! What's a Mook?
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
2   0   0

family didn't

It just doesn't work that way Dean.

If someone owns the rights to use the Picasso name that doesn't mean that he can place a copy of Picasso's signature on paintings done by other painters...that's nothing other than misrepresentation and/or fraud.

HawaiianEye

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
I have an ADAM HOF cue and am looking for an additional shaft for it. I may be interested in one of the shafts, if the price is right and the diameter of the joint is the same as mine.