Bashing other aiming systems

CocoboloCowboy

Cowboys are my hero's
Silver Member
Aiming Systems are like Cowboy Boots.

Not every brand fits people individuals feet well.

i personally like Neconas, they just fit my feet well 🤣

Boxcar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Aiming Systems are like Cowboy Boots.

Not every brand fits people individuals feet well.

i personally like Neconas, they just fit my feet well 🤣
Sometimes, on really long stretch shots, I'll use my left foot as a bridge, but I take off my boots.

CocoboloCowboy

Cowboys are my hero's
Silver Member
Sometimes, on really long stretch shots, I'll use my left foot as a bridge, but I take off my boots.
That is funny, as we have gentleman who does same thing on all shot.

One arm was lost in Vietnam war, so he improvised, adapted, and overcame.

One armed pool pool player, not disabled, he is different.

Dan White

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
But does it really? Does it really "increase the cache of the book"?

I doubt very seriously that anyone cares who published the book. I don't think people make book-buying decisions based on who the publisher is. Lol. People buy books they want to read.
Let me be more precise. I do believe it increases the cache of the author. Having a publisher behind your work is a level up from self-publishing.

BC21

https://www.playpoolbetter.com
Gold Member
Silver Member
Let me be more precise. I do believe it increases the cache of the author. Having a publisher behind your work is a level up from self-publishing.

In most cases yes. With tiny niche markets, that option isn't quite as common. Besides, when a book is good, and people are buying it and leaving good reviews, nobody cares who published it. It's about the material, not the publisher.

In other words, most people know that having a publisher doesn't guarantee that a book is any good. Readers decide what is good. There is no guarantee. As Tommy Boy's daddy used to say.... I can shit in a box and write 'guaranteed' on it, but then all you got is guaranteed box of shit.

Last edited:

Boxcar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
In most cases yes. With tiny niche markets, that option isn't quite as common. Besides, when a book is good, and people are buying it and leaving good reviews, nobody cares who published it. It's about the material, not the publisher.

In other words, most people know that having a publisher doesn't guarantee that a book is any good. Readers decide what is good. There is no guarantee. As Tommy Boy's daddy used to say.... I can shit in a box and write 'guaranteed' on it, but then all you got is guaranteed box of shit.
Are you suggesting then, that as evidenced by the dearth of comprehensive, objective reviews, the book is a box of shit?

BC21

Gold Member
Silver Member
Are you suggesting then, that as evidenced by the dearth of comprehensive, objective reviews, the book is a box of shit?

No sir. I haven't seen any bad reviews on Stan's book. I'm just talking books in general. Knowing all the different packages that publishers can offer (from zero author-funding to partial author-funding to full author-funding), simply having a publisher doesn't mean a whole lot.

Last edited:

Boxcar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
"I haven't seen any bad reviews on Stan's book."

Bad reviews don't sell books. I'm looking for a few GOOD, comprehensive, objective reviews from people who have read the entire book.

A question to this august body: where are all the GOOD reviews?

Dan White

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Wait a minute! Does this mean that all those lame old excuses he used about the book being tied up at the publishing company might have been a little bit disengenuous?
I think he sent the book to Butler and they took a long time with it, or there was a lot of back and forth on editing. So, I don't think there was anything underhanded about it taking a long time. See, I'm not here to bash Stan at all costs, just to point out the truth of the matter. It would be nice if everybody here were a little more level-headed.

Boxcar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I think he sent the book to Butler and they took a long time with it, or there was a lot of back and forth on editing. So, I don't think there was anything underhanded about it taking a long time. See, I'm not here to bash Stan at all costs, just to point out the truth of the matter. It would be nice if everybody here were a little more level-headed.
OK, so now I'm reading in another thread that you talked to Carol and it is becoming abundantly clear that all of the "cte" constituents have been playing fast and loose "wit da' trooof." And then when they get caught red handed, they double down? Whow! Why would anybody have any respect for any of them and anything they say? They'll be the "laughing stock" of AZB. Ol' Deano ain't got nothin' on them.

The thing that really breaks my heart is all the time I wasted waiting for Christmas. And to think of it, every one of the Grans was begging for That New CTE Book...the one that the mean ol' publisher just wouldn't finish. A fella just doesn't know who to trust any more, does he?

Last edited:

Dan White

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
OK, so now I'm reading in another thread that you talked to Carol and it is becoming abundantly clear that all of the "cte" constituents have been playing fast and loose "wit da' trooof." And then when they get caught red handed, they double down? Whow! Why would anybody have any respect for any of them and anything they say? They'll be the "laughing stock" of AZB. Ol' Deano ain't got nothin' on them.

The thing that really breaks my heart is all the time I wasted waiting for Christmas. And to think of it, every one of the Grans was begging for That New CTE Book...the one that the mean ol' publisher just wouldn't finish. A fella just doesn't know who to trust any more, does he?
Yes, 100%. I don't know why Butler put "Published by Butler" in the book when it was abundantly clear that they did not. I haven't seen that in the book as I don't have one but that is what cookies said the book says. I'm not planning on calling her back about that as I don't want to be a pest. Had you talked to her you'd have no uncertainty that they produced the book, not published it.

It really is no big deal. Stan left an impression that slightly increased the cache of his book. He had said at one time, years ago, that he spent $40K on having the book made and that told me he probably was self-publishing. I surmised as much at the time. No big deal. When the book came out I was looking for confirmation either way as to who published it just to close that discussion. Then the sh!t storm happened. lol. Dear Leader must not be questioned, you know.

Boxcar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Yes, 100%. I don't know why Butler put "Published by Butler" in the book when it was abundantly clear that they did not. I haven't seen that in the book as I don't have one but that is what cookies said the book says. I'm not planning on calling her back about that as I don't want to be a pest. Had you talked to her you'd have no uncertainty that they produced the book, not published it.

It really is no big deal. Stan left an impression that slightly increased the cache of his book. He had said at one time, years ago, that he spent $40K on having the book made and that told me he probably was self-publishing. I surmised as much at the time. No big deal. When the book came out I was looking for confirmation either way as to who published it just to close that discussion. Then the sh!t storm happened. lol. Dear Leader must not be questioned, you know.
Was there a period last year when all of the "cte" Altar Boys suddenly disappeared?

"Vanity Publishing" has been around for a long time. Christian Book Stores and Islamic Book Stores are full of books that radical zealots from all over the world paid some "publisher" to print and cover. Often, the author is helped by his wife or other like minded zealots as the process of assembling pages into some kind of cohesive manuscript works itself out. The zealots will gather together and help the "author" do something that will ultimately "save" society from Satan's dark abyss. All for one, one for all.

Ah, yes, zealots always want to change the world. I can see them now.

Last edited:

BC21

Gold Member
Silver Member

.... ultimately "save" society from Satan's dark abyss.

I laughed out loud when I read this line....and I just did again, and not because of anything related to aiming systems, just purely for the religious comedy value.

Dan White

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
"I haven't seen any bad reviews on Stan's book."

Bad reviews don't sell books. I'm looking for a few GOOD, comprehensive, objective reviews from people who have read the entire book.

A question to this august body: where are all the GOOD reviews?
There are no reviews because it seems the only place you can get a new book is from Stan's website -- that or you have to be a member of a closed facebook group. If it were available elsewhere you'd see reviews, I'm sure.

SpiderWebComm

HelpImBeingOppressed
Silver Member
There are no reviews because it seems the only place you can get a new book is from Stan's website -- that or you have to be a member of a closed facebook group. If it were available elsewhere you'd see reviews, I'm sure.
When is your book hitting the market? How about an instructional pamphlet if a book is too much? Seriously, I'll plunk down the cash and buy it. Hopefully I won't need to purchase a box of NO DOZE to go along with it.