Best pool hall in San Jose area?

Joe Rogan

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I'm doing stand up in the San Jose area and I was wondering where the best places to play are in this area?
Thanks in advance.

SJDinPHX

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I'm doing stand up in the San Jose area and I was wondering where the best places to play are in this area?
Thanks in advance.

California Billiards in Mtn.View is the hot spot Joe. Lots of action, good player's. Google it !

Dick

PS What are your dates, and where are you performing. Caught your Vegas act and really enjoyed it.

Last edited:

abgbum

Registered
Shoreline Billiards, also in Mountain View, is another good spot. Two snooker tables there ... and more 14-1 action than you see in most rooms.

suckershot

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Shoreline Billiards, also in Mountain View, is another good spot. Two snooker tables there ... and more 14-1 action than you see in most rooms.

Shoreline and Cal are really the only two places worth playing at. There are other rooms littered around the Bay Area, but Shoreline and Cal are head and shoulders above everyone else in terms of the tables/balls/cloth. Mountain View is only about 10-15 mins. from downtown SJ (I assume you're doing the Improv?). Both places are conveniently located right off of freeways.

I will give Shoreline a recommendation...it's where I play almost all of the time.

There is a place right in downtown SJ not far at all from the Improv, but it's not really a poolroom in the sense of there being serious players. It's more of a social/downtown scene kind of place.

CrownCityCorey

Sock it to 'em!
Silver Member
Go to California Billiard Club in Mountain View, Ca (small Hollywood Billiards-like pockets on GC's). Say "hi" to Teresa for me :grin-square:

Don't let her push you off a chair!

cyrex

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
California Billiards Club

HAHAHAHAHAAH... that is SOOOO Teresa.

Another vote for either California Billiard Club or Shoreline Billiards.

sugeknight

I'm on a ROLL
Silver Member
I have to vote for Edgies in Milpitas, which is close to SJ.
I think the front row of tournament GC tables have tighter pockets and play better than the tables at Cal or shoreline.
8 ball tourney on Tuesday night at 8 and 9 ball on Wednesday at 8. 10 buck entry, double elimination.
This room is also packed with Pinoys and others who love to gamble.
http://www.insiderpages.com/b/3710250622

DogsPlayingPool

"What's in your wallet?"
Silver Member
Another for CBC or Shoreline.

Reposted:

You definitely want to hit the California Billiard Club. It's a well thought out and run pool room. In addition to GCIII's the place has 3 snooker tables (2 of which have traditional snooker cloth and the third is covered to play golf), as well as a heated billiard table. I was up there on business recently myself and spent about 4 evenings there and every time I took a table the balls were freshly cleaned and polished.

The smaller section (towards the street) is the match/tournament area, and is preferred as this is where you will find the tighter tables.

They have monthly memberships (not required) so there is a good group of regulars there. There's action if you want it. The owner's name is Chris I believe and I'm sure he would introduce you around.

Shoreline Billiards is up that way too. Also a good room, Bob Jewett plays out of there. I liked the CBC better though. I think Shoreline caters more to leagues than the CBC.

Both are in Mountain View, about 10-12 miles from the San Jose airport, maybe 10-15 minutes away.

hilla_hilla

I'd rather be foosing it!
Silver Member
California Billiards! It's a nice room, has nice equipment with some tight tables, good food AND foosball tables:thumbup:.

Say hi to Teresa for me too, please! And you can also blame her (and Ron) for making me a foos addict instead of a pool addict:D.

Last edited: