Best quality case without the bling?

Soulweb

One-Ball Champ
Silver Member
I was wondering if there is a general consensus on a case that might offer truly high-end protection, but you're not paying for glitzy aesthetics. I am looking for a good 2x4 case. I want it to offer truly great protection, but don't need a famous maker's name on it or anything.

Better still, are there any people making cases on this forum that are private and just offer a no-frills high level of protection case?

I have tried searching the forums, but I'm not so sure what to search for. "Custom cases" brings up the 300.00+ cases. Any opinions on the best bang for the buck?

Masayoshi

Fusenshou no Masa
Silver Member
Porpers are a good bang for your buck. Most cases protect cues pretty well, unless you really abuse your case, I doubt you will find any difference in protection from one case to another. If you plan on having your case run over by a car, you might want to look for something high end.

Last edited:

NINEBALLART

NINEBALLART
Silver Member
I have 2 ELITE cases and so do two of my team mates. Most solid case I've ever owned...Paid $63.00 for a 2x2 and $84.00 for a 2x4....Will last forever....Great cases....

Spider1

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Giuseppe cases are pretty awesome. Mine has seen some serious mileage.

If you are really worried about protection, you could get an aluminum gun/rifle case, and make cuts in the interior padding to hold a butt and a couple shafts. I saw a guy who did this once who demonstrated the toughness of his case (after someone laughed and said "Is that a friggin gun case?!") by throwing it on the ground and jumping on top of it a few times. That stopped the laughing. :)

The kind that look like this:

25oyjc8.jpg

Wolven

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Sterling cases are nice and you can get JB interior.
I like my Instroke but JB cases are the best.
As for Porper, I have 3x6 and it is a bad case. You have to put the butts pin down.
The holes are tight and my shafts don't want to fit in them, one got stuck.

Here is a cheap case: http://www.cuesight.com/sth6bk.html. Shows interior.

Last edited:

putt-putt44

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
IndyQ.com........

I would highly suggest a ''Kopy Kat Case''...

I recently purchased a 1x2 configuration in the ''Siamese Grey'' color,,it's the ultimate in looks, protection and value..

Check out my review under Cue Case Reviews...it's the one that I'll be taking with me next month up to Montreal..

www.IndyQ.com

mdavis228

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
You can't beat the protection in a JB case. Available in a wide range of price points, depending on the base material you prefer. You didn't say you wanted cheap, just great protection. The "Wave" cases are excellent, or you can get an unobtrusive, no bling, custom leather that will be built like a tank.
I own the "Chris" case by JB - it is awesome.

OTB

I DIDN'T DO IT!!!!
Silver Member
vincintori, i stock leather ones that you can get for a great price...OTB

$ 130 shipped U.S. only your choice.........:thumbup:

Attachments

• 2x4 leather 003.jpg
    2x4 leather 003.jpg
    106.1 KB · Views: 1,009
  • 2x4 leather 010.jpg
    2x4 leather 010.jpg
    105.1 KB · Views: 1,021
  • 2x4 leather 004.jpg
    2x4 leather 004.jpg
    99.8 KB · Views: 1,000
Last edited:

trustyrusty

I'm better with a wedge!
Silver Member
not sure about the durability of all these, but they seem to be a lot of case for the money...

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Vincitore-P...979?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item3a6b4fa573

http://www.ebay.com/itm/2x4-Porper-...817?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item20bda11851

or the vinyl version of Instroke would likely last FOREVER, and not cost an arm and a leg....

http://www.ebay.com/itm/New-Instrok...406?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item3a46e24e0e

but personally, I'd post in the wanted/for sale section....what's the best case you can sell me for X amount <---------probably your best bet :cool:

I happened to pick up one of these http://www.pooldawg.com/product/outlaw-2-butt-4-shaft-leather-pool-cue-case-by-instroke on a BLACK FRIDAY SALE deal from Pooldawg....it was a steal, and is a GREAT case

Last edited:

Wolven

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
trustyrusty,

That vincitore case looks like a steal.
The porper is from same line as my case and it is very bad.
Outlaw looks interesting what does the inside look like?

EJmagnum186

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Sterling if you want to be budget sensitive but honestly the JB cases are the best for protection.......Don't believe believe me, wait 10 minute and I am sure John will chime in and tell you the same thing and why along w/ a whole bunch of rhetoric.....don't believe him, go buy one and find out for yourself. I don't care for his ability to carry on but then again I guess it ain't bragging if it is true....Money well spent.

Baxter

Out To Win
Silver Member
I also suggest the Vincitore cases. I use one myself, and I love it. Higher-quality case, with a reasonable price tag. This is the one I have.

instroke-white-2x4jpg.jpg

Cue Guru

Close, but no roll...
Silver Member
No one mentioned Whitten.

If you go for a standard smooth black or brown leather, they are quite nice, offer exceptional protection and no bling.

If you WANT a touch of bling, they can do them with several special leathers and add embellishment for extra coin, but I prefer the plain smooth leather myself.

I have a brown 2X4, a black 1X2 and a cordovan 1X2. The 2X4 has dual pockets and a strap, but the others are clean, simple triangular tubes that I really like.

I plan to get a 1X4 at some point for my old Richard Black but otherwise 1X2 cases are the greatest for me (I ditched the break cue idea a while ago and have one cue at a time now).

Used these are excellent deals!

ArizonaPete

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Giuseppe cue cases

Great inexpensive case that offers excellent protection at a very reasonable price. What I like about my Guiseppe is that I can load the butt or shaft in either direction. I like to enter the shaft joint first so that the tip end is up. Keeps the chalk out of the case. Good luck with your quest Pilgrim.

rayjay

some of the kids
Silver Member
John Barton, JB Cases, inventor of Instroke Cases. But the best protection doesn't, and shouldn't, come cheap.
:p

Blue Hog ridr

World Famous Fisherman.
Silver Member
Don't go with any case that has auto close latches. Mainly the ones made in China use them. Sterling etc. Seems to be the same case with a different
logo on them. You will not get your moneys worth from it before the auto close latches break on you, rendering your case useless.

If you want plain but pretty with super protection, I suggest a GTF 2x4.
The best case that I currently own.

JB also makes a Kopy Kat case. GTF style with quality vinyl instead of the
leather of the GTF. I imagine that he also incorporates the JB interior that is in the GTF.

JB Cases

www.jbcases.com
Silver Member
I was wondering if there is a general consensus on a case that might offer truly high-end protection,
but you're not paying for glitzy aesthetics. I am looking for a good 2x4 case. I want it to offer truly great protection,
but don't need a famous maker's name on it or anything.

Better still, are there any people making cases on this forum that are private and just offer a no-frills high level of protection case?

My one of a kind custom Joss cue was badly damaged when the bottom fell out of Vincintore case. As Mark Smith of Mark Smith custom cues about the story.

Protection Matters - read about it here to find out why I think so www.jbcases.com/protection.html

Any cases found here www.sterlingcuecases.com will be highly protective and a good deal.

Any of the GTF Cases and JB Cases found here will be highly protective and a good deal. www.indyq.com

And we currently make a basic black case out of 1400 Denier Nylon that is super tough and gets the job done with our same protective interior that we put in all our cases.

http://www.jbcases.com/jbp01034blv.html - Cost is $100 and the shipping is $75 from us to anywhere worldwide.

jbp01034blv-a-f.JPG

jbp01034blv-b-b.jpg

jbp01034blv-j-bt.jpg

jbp01034blv-m-left.jpg

jbp01034blv-k-bc.jpg

jbp01034blv-q-interior.jpg

jbp01034blv-r-interiorwithcues.jpg

jbp01034blv-s-bottom.jpg

In my opinion this is the best basic case you can buy. It is made with strength and durability in mind and yet still has all the protection we put into every case we make.

I'd put it up against any other brand we don't make in any kind of test people can think of.

Last edited: