posted this elsewhere
best tip
holds chalk
correct shape
jmho

measureman

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Ive gone back to Triangles. I'll order 5 and do the drop them in water test. Sink, throw away. They play great like a medium tip only little softer imo. Hold their shape like a 20 year Olds breasts. They eat chalk better than any layered tip. I even break 9 ball with my Joss and they don't flatten. Of course I only get to break once a session bc I never win. :unsure:
The ones that sink are the good ones.

ridinthe9

I bought a Jacoby full splice cue that came with a Tiger Everest almost 4 years ago. To preface this, I have an 8 rating in my league. I have had this tip on the entire time and it plays fantastic. Years ago I had a NOVA cue with an Emerald tip and that lasted for several years. There is this thought that if the tip works for you, to buy enough to last you for decades but the hard truth is, innovation will have you changing your mind. I could save up a bunch of Tiger Everest or Tiger Emerald cue tips but trust me, a new tip will come along that will outplay those tigers, or Kamui Browns, or Zan, or whatever.

Last edited:

xX-Wizard-Xx

I bought a Jacoby full splice cue that came with a Tiger Everest almost 4 years ago. To preface this, I have an 8 rating in my league. I have had this tip on the entire time and it plays fantastic. Years ago I had a NOVA cue with an Emerald tip and that lasted for. There is this thought that if the tip works for you, to buy enough to last you for decades but the hard truth is, innovation will have you changing your mind. I could save up a bunch of Tiger Everest or Tiger Emerald cue tips but trust me, a new tip will come along that will outplay those tigers, or Kamui Browns, or Zan, or whatever.
People keep chasing the next tip .... It's leather ... It hits a cue ball the contact is milliseconds ..

Colonel

Raised by Wolves in a Pool Hall
Silver Member
People keep chasing the next tip .... It's leather ... It hits a cue ball the contact is milliseconds ..
Not to mention that when you beat leather against a hard phenolic ball it all becomes hard really quickly negating the whole “soft, medium” tip thing. If you like to start with one of the new soft or mediums it means you must just like to trim and shape it more after installation

Black-Balled

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I might try this next, for pool. Real happy with their hard tip.

Currently using taom med on cf shaft and a soft one on wood shafts. Both excellent.

Also have dawg duds on more than a couple wood shafts. Best value for your dollar for sure
@philly disagrees

Reactions: bbb

Black-Balled

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Not to mention that when you beat leather against a hard phenolic ball it all becomes hard really quickly negating the whole “soft, medium” tip thing. If you like to start with one of the new soft or mediums it means you must just like to trim and shape it more after installation
I prefer when someone else does it?

And it is extra bad for ini coz I can't hit the ball softly. Urg.

Black-Balled

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I'm sure if we ran a poll on which mass cue manufacturer was the best predator would win that one...lol
I got a little predator tale:
I wanted to buy a specific cue, a predator.
1200 a year and a half ago.
1700 about a year ago
2150 now.

Ow

ridinthe9

People do seem to put way more emphasis on the tip but then again, that’s the part of the cue that actually makes contact with the ball. I will say this- A Tiger Everest absolutely destroys a Triangle tip in every way. All things being equal, I get way more response from the cue ball with the Tiger Everest. Emerald even more-so but I just don’t like the green color.

Maniac

2manyQ's
Silver Member
I've tried many layered tips and finally went back to good old Le Pro's.
Sometimes I think this tip thing is more mental than physical.
I agree. Like 336Robin, I don't even know what tips are on most of my shafts. I do know however, that I have more Triangle tips than any other.

I don't hate nor dislike them, but I just don't see any advantage to a multi-layered tip. There is nothing I can do with one that I can't do with a single-layered tip.

The opinion of which tip is best has to be the most subjective question asked on this forum.

Maniac

2manyQ's
Silver Member
I got a little predator tale:
I wanted to buy a specific cue, a predator.
1200 a year and a half ago.
1700 about a year ago
2150 now.

Ow
So I guess my old 2005 Mahogany Cuetec must surely be worth a small fortune by now, right??? 😂😂😂

philly

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
I might try this next, for pool. Real happy with their hard tip.

Currently using taom med on cf shaft and a soft one on wood shafts. Both excellent.

Also have dawg duds on more than a couple wood shafts. Best value for your dollar for sure
@philly disagrees

You bought me a dawg dud and I had it installed.
I thought it played like my hard pressed Triangles.

How do you like your CF Shaft?
I bought one and just could not get used to it so I sold it.

Black-Balled

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
You bought me a dawg dud and I had it installed.
I thought it played like my hard pressed Triangles.

How do you like your CF Shaft?
I bought one and just could not get used to it so I sold it.
I'm making me get used to the carbon pool shaft. It is fine but I don't play much pool and almost none competitively...so there's that.

The 3c one took me about a month to get used to and we are full (suck at the game) speed there.

xX-Wizard-Xx

People do seem to put way more emphasis on the tip but then again, that’s the part of the cue that actually makes contact with the ball. I will say this- A Tiger Everest absolutely destroys a Triangle tip in every way. All things being equal, I get way more response from the cue ball with the Tiger Everest. Emerald even more-so but I just don’t like the green color.
True but at some point all of this is spending more money on marketing gimmicks than the returns gained ...

maha

from way back when
Silver Member
yes technology makes tips better

thats why modern buffalos, pigs, cows all have better skin than in the past.

336Robin

Multiverse Operative
Silver Member
I agree. Like 336Robin, I don't even know what tips are on most of my shafts. I do know however, that I have more Triangle tips than any other.

I don't hate nor dislike them, but I just don't see any advantage to a multi-layered tip. There is nothing I can do with one that I can't do with a single-layered tip.

The opinion of which tip is best has to be the most subjective question asked on this forum.

Today's chalk is better. I can't see any reason not use better chalk on the historic good one layered tips.

bbb

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
yes technology makes tips better

thats why modern buffalos, pigs, cows all have better skin than in the past.
Their skin is better because their dermatologists are better trained and pool players😂

Quesports

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Anyone know where or how to get KRK tips from South Korea?

Tried google and alibba no luck chuck everywhere I looked.